About DC, high ping, opening host games and possible penalties.

Skairipa
Skairipa Member Posts: 255
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I would like to think that the experience of this game is made more transparent by resolution of these three problems that have afflicted the game for 2 years.

The game is known as asymmetric, 1 against 4 , one player hosts one game and another four people join him.
I'd like to think of an additional algorithm in matchmaking that does:

MATCHMAKING/OPENING HOST GAMES/HIGH PING:

• Do not host games for those who do not have a high-performance connection for four people;
  • Who can not host games, immediately return to play the survivor side, with a warning about his connection;
  • Send, who hosts games, to people with the same ping, if there is not a game available with that ping the player MUST return as survivor, and play survivor;
  • Give a real penalty to those who keep going out and enter while hosting a game in the pre lobby (fear of the swf idk). This situation causes enormous discomfort to the community that, to play with friends, must recreate the lobby + invitation invite + start a new lobby, risking that the lobby will be closed again. This penalty may consist of a temporary penalty ranging from 10 minutes to 20, and if you continue for 1 hour you can not play the killer.

DISCONNECT ISSUES/LAG SWITCHING/DURING THE GAME:

• if the experience during the trial is bad because the host is abusing strange mechanics, that player should be reported by the system, penalties that can vary to loss of BP, shards, increase the time to enter to host an upcoming game;
  • Lagwitching: this question whether you play side survivor, the killer side needs a penalty that blocks you any function within the game. Need an algorithm that takes into account the player's ping, the system memorizes this trend, and at a minimum raising of the ping you should be soft banned temporarily. Penalties that vary depending on the number of times the system signals you, beyond the players themselves. (this could be applied if the problems with matchmaking are resolved, to match the correct pings);
  • Disconnection: I would like to discuss with the introduction of a warning message if the player intends to abandon the game, adding serious penalties. In addition to loss of pip, fragments, BP and increased time if you want to enter a new game. People will be discouraged by this old behavior and will learn (thinking twice) to leave a game when they are angry or not.
    The additional problem of disconnections is also in determining who really crashes the game (but if you do the controls as I wrote above should be resolved) by those who leave the game or for a bad game, or something else.

It's just a part of my thinking, I'd like to have a constructive discussion on this subject. :)

Post edited by Skairipa on

Comments

• Skairipa

Any thoughts?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Skairipa said:
    I would like to think that the experience of this game is made more transparent by resolution of these three problems that have afflicted the game for 2 years.

The game is known as asymmetric, 1 against 4 , one player hosts one game and another four people join him.

• Do not host games for those who do not have a high-performance connection for four people;
    • Who can not host games, immediately return to play the survivor side, with a warning about his connection;
    • Send, who hosts games, to people with the same ping, if there is not a game available with that ping the player MUST return as survivor, and play survivor;
    • Give a real penalty to those who keep going out and enter while hosting a game in the pre lobby (fear of the swf idk). This situation causes enormous discomfort to the community that, to play with friends, must recreate the lobby + invitation invite + start a new lobby, risking that the lobby will be closed again. This penalty may consist of a temporary penalty ranging from 10 minutes to 20, and if you continue for 1 hour you can not play the killer.

• if the experience during the trial is bad because the host is abusing strange mechanics, that player should be reported by the system, penalties that can vary to loss of BP, shards, increase the time to enter to host an upcoming game;
    • Lagwitching: this question whether you play side survivor, the killer side needs a penalty that blocks you any function within the game. Need an algorithm that takes into account the player's ping, the system memorizes this trend, and at a minimum raising of the ping you should be soft banned temporarily. Penalties that vary depending on the number of times the system signals you, beyond the players themselves. (this could be applied if the problems with matchmaking are resolved, to match the correct pings);
    • Disconnection: I would like to discuss with the introduction of a warning message if the player intends to abandon the game, adding serious penalties. In addition to loss of pip, fragments, BP and increased time if you want to enter a new game. People will be discouraged by this old behavior and will learn (thinking twice) to leave a game when they are angry or not.
      The additional problem of disconnections is also in determining who really crashes the game (but if you do the controls as I wrote above should be resolved) by those who leave the game or for a bad game, or something else.

It's just a part of my thinking, I'd like to have a constructive discussion on this subject. :)

they should just give a 15 minute ban from playing in any mode except kill your friends if you dc by leaving or exiting the game client. it will always be a 15 minute ban unless of course your if your dcs go over a cetain percent you will be banned. when disconnecting you will auto de-pip and get no BP and maybe even a BP percent taken away if you keep dcing too much in a certain time period like say if i continue to dc 3 times in a 24 hour period i will get a 75% BP reduction for the next 5 games and it cant be avoided. they should also add a lagswitching report button along with the other report buttons and if you think they lagswitched then report and the game will be looked into and you will also be able to provide video proof if you have any by emailing the devs if you wanted. if you dc because of a lagswitch you will still get the 15 minute ban since you could never tell if someone dced because of lagswitch so as long as you didnt dc 2 times before that then you will be fine. if you happen to get a lagswitch 3 times in one day then you can appeal to get the 75% reduction removed with video proof if it happens to you two times before that and your not smart enough to start recording somehow then just get threw the BP reduction. if a killer leaves the game he will then get a 25 minute ban due to the killer dcing would force 4 other survivors to leave the game as well this would only stop the killer from playing killer for 25 minutes and would allow for survivor gameplay. thoughts?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Skairipa said:

Force players to play their non-favoured role and you will make them quit the game.
    Fix SWF balance, then punish SWF dodging.

There should be no penalty just for being reported, survivors report for ridiculous reasons. Laggswitchers will get perma banned, no need to introduce some weird loss of BP or shards.

This is not how p2p technology works, again, reporting with video proof is already a solid solution against lagggswitchers and nowadays they are really rare

Yes, I suggested queue time punishment after DCs several times already, I prefer an increasing queue time punishment the more you DC so that you wont be punished for occasional DCs for beind hold hostage etc

The devs claim they already have a system in palce that can detect how much a player DCs, maybe they are just lying adn this could be very well true if I look at how much you can DC without any harm......

• Skairipa
    edited September 2018

@Master said:

Force players to play their non-favoured role and you will make them quit the game.
    Fix SWF balance, then punish SWF dodging.

There should be no penalty just for being reported, survivors report for ridiculous reasons. Laggswitchers will get perma banned, no need to introduce some weird loss of BP or shards.

This is not how p2p technology works, again, reporting with video proof is already a solid solution against lagggswitchers and nowadays they are really rare

Yes, I suggested queue time punishment after DCs several times already, I prefer an increasing queue time punishment the more you DC so that you wont be punished for occasional DCs for beind hold hostage etc

The devs claim they already have a system in palce that can detect how much a player DCs, maybe they are just lying adn this could be very well true if I look at how much you can DC without any harm......

I do not propose to force players to do something they do not want, do not misunderstand what are penalties (for educational purposes) to tell you that you are forcing a system wrong.

What I have listed above is just an implementation, or innovation, of a system that already exists, but does not honestly penalize those who abuse the queue, the lobby etc etc.

Also, if you're not able to host a game, why should you have the opportunity to host it, knowing that the 4 players that will come to you lagging so much..

• Skairipa

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

they should just give a 15 minute ban from playing in any mode except kill your friends if you dc by leaving or exiting the game client. it will always be a 15 minute ban unless of course your if your dcs go over a cetain percent you will be banned. when disconnecting you will auto de-pip and get no BP and maybe even a BP percent taken away if you keep dcing too much in a certain time period like say if i continue to dc 3 times in a 24 hour period i will get a 75% BP reduction for the next 5 games and it cant be avoided. they should also add a lagswitching report button along with the other report buttons and if you think they lagswitched then report and the game will be looked into and you will also be able to provide video proof if you have any by emailing the devs if you wanted. if you dc because of a lagswitch you will still get the 15 minute ban since you could never tell if someone dced because of lagswitch so as long as you didnt dc 2 times before that then you will be fine. if you happen to get a lagswitch 3 times in one day then you can appeal to get the 75% reduction removed with video proof if it happens to you two times before that and your not smart enough to start recording somehow then just get threw the BP reduction. if a killer leaves the game he will then get a 25 minute ban due to the killer dcing would force 4 other survivors to leave the game as well this would only stop the killer from playing killer for 25 minutes and would allow for survivor gameplay. thoughts?

I always take the r6 siege matchmaking example, are you out of a game? I'm warning you that going out you will suffer a penalty of 15/20 / 30min / 1 hr of time. If you made these corrections to matchmaking, discouraging those abusing third-party programs to increase ping (lagswitching, not allowed by EULA), there would be fewer people who would exploit these stratagems to take advantage of the players. Let's not forget that all these actions are abuse of the system: you're forcing something you should not. The reports should be automatic (this type of reports, not for inappropriate behavior) for those who try to abuse, without additional buttons, requests for tests to be sent by email.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

This is why there is an outcry for dedicated servers.

Unfortunately, its not the money involvement. Its changing killer mechanics because this is a "favor the shooter" style game so to speak. So basically the killer has to host, or there will be a lot of wonky stuff going on.

Even streaming Youtube in the background while playing can make a 90ms game into a 550ms+ game at the start. Which is why games dont lag in the lobby but you warp or get stuck in place when the round starts. the devs dont really punish outside of really major stuff it seems.

It sucks that survivors are almost always at the brunt of these actions. The only thing i've seen the killer get cheat wise, is a survivor with a speed hack. lol which i actually had a killer accuse me of lagswitching yesterday. Man, stupidity is the best.

• Skairipa

ok, I understand that the devs do not want to do dedicated servers and want to leave the host in the hands of those who play the killer, ok agree all. But a limit a ping check you can do, even if you do streaming, if you have a fiber connection, who enters the game that you host will not be lagging. If you correct these problems, there will be no people who abuse the system, quitting in prelobby, DC, lagswitching and more. If you are not able to host a game, you should stay to play only one role, unfortunately the game must work in this way. Why four other people should have a mediocre game experience because of one?