Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Sync Error can be exploited to earn an infinite amount of bloodpoints

MrGolden32467
MrGolden32467 Member Posts: 99
edited August 2020 in Bug Reporting

I had just finished playing a DBD match and decided to spend some of my 11000+ bloodpoints on my Nea.

This is my LVL 35 Nea Bloodweb.

As I had 11 494 bloodpoints, I bought a clean rag and a green gift box which granted me a hacksaw.

Right after that I hovered my mouse over the archive eye and pressed select challenge to go see the rift.

This is my current TOME IV challenge section - nothing has changed so far.

However, upon pressing "The Rift" section my bloodpoints were reverted back to 11 494 (previous state).

I pressed ESC until I was back in my survivor lobby. As you can see my bloodpoint value is still 11 494 and the previously purchased items are STILL purchased.

I then purchased Soul Guard lvl 1 and two other brown add-ons from my bloodweb. As you can see my bloodpoints were clearly spent once more.

After that, I went BACK to my rift using the SAME METHOD and I was ONCE MORE granted my bloodpoints back... Using this method I was allowed to pretty much clear out my LVL 35 bloodweb.

Upon purchasing the LAST item in the bloodweb, I was greeted with this common loading screen

and this error screen

Pressing "OK" and then pressing "Space" allowed me to go back to the main menu. I then clicked "Survivor" and was taken back to my LVL 35 bloodweb on Nea. All of the items were UNPURCHASED and my bloodpoints were still 11 494. I repeated all the steps as if my previous match had just ended and got the same results. This is how I took the screenshots.

I have not made ANY PROGRESS on my character using this "exploit" - as it always ends up resetting my lvl 35 bloodweb as if i hadn't purchased anything in it.

However, purchasing only the two first items (clean rag and gift box - which always gives me a hacksaw in this bloodweb) and then pressing ESC to go back to the main menu forced a game save and fixed the issue. My bloodpoints are now saved as 3 494 and are not reverting back to anything upon entering the rift.

I'm pretty sure some people will find a way around this exploit to not get their bloodwebs reset and get some progress out of it.

I hope this post will summon a fix and prevent them from doing so <3

I also hope I've remained clear throughout :D (If not, feel free to leave a question for me to answer)

Cheers,

MrGolden32467

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated