The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slender Man as next Killer Ideas (updated)

MixMaster
MixMaster Member Posts: 21
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Slender Man is a great figure in the area of ​​Creepypastas and very famous on the Internet. It was certainly part of many people's childhood and has great recognition. Now that killers like Pyramid Head have the ability to "teleport" survivors, I believe this system would suit Slender Man as well.

His special ability could be something related to people taking penalties for looking directly at him (as in his famous games), as well as other abilities to cause illusions (an idea would be for survivors to see each other like the Slender Man for a brief moment, and consequently run away from their companions). Another idea is to generate a penalty, and to get out of it it would be necessary to find a number of pages on the map (same system as Pig and Freddy Krueger)

Its mechanics could look like this:

Slender remains "invisible" during the game. As soon as a survivor sees him, Slender Man creates a static illusion (like The Spirit) in the exact position he is in when the survivor looks in his direction. From there, what starts to move (in the survivor's view) are the tentacles of the Slender Man, however in Killer's view it would be him walking normally. The Survivor will be attacked by his tentacles, and whenever he returns his vision to the Slender position, his image will be static in the position in which he was seen (in the view of this survivor). This is just a way to create a motion animation for Slender Man, since he doesn't walk. And each time a survivor sees the Slender Man for a brief moment he suffers a penalty, a total of 1 to 3 times.

1- Some penalty such as Exhaustion, for example

2- Go crazy and start seeing other survivors like the Slender Man, or his illusions

3- Survivor stays in Exposed state (you need to see him for a long time. It would be the opposite of Michael Myers, where Killer must watch the survivors)

Finding one or more pages cancels the effect of level 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Among the Perks, (all of these were created by "Fierce1", on Steam):

1- Can't Run (a nod to the notes in the original game) - When a survivor is within the killer's terror radius, whether running or walking, they leave scratch marks. This perk deactivates while in a chase.

2- Don't Look or it Takes You (another nod) - Whenever a survivor looks at the killer while outside of the killer's terror radius, for every 5/4/3 seconds the survivor stares at the killer, the killer gains a token up to a maximum of 4. When the killer has 4 tokens the perk activates and causes all survivors outside the killer's terror radius to scream as well as suffer from the exposed, exhausted, and oblivious status effects for a 15/20/30 seconds.

3- Always Watches, No Eyes (nods galore) - Equipping this perk causes the Entity to block a random generator for 5/7/10 seconds every 60/45/30 seconds. The blocked generator's aura will be highlighted, and if the generator was being worked on, survivors within 5 feet/meter range of the generator upon activation have their auras revealed for 3/5/7 seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A better reference for Slender Man would be his version in the first game "Slender: The Eight Pages", and his Steam game "Slender: The Arrival". I also advise you to ignore any Slender movie, as they are all horrible. Just watch the short live action on youtube called Proxy Slender Man, from BlackBoxTV channel (9 min live action). This is without a doubt the best representation of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND PLEASE, HE NEEDS TO MAKE A LOUD SCARY SOUND WHEN HE SHOWS UP, WE NEED JUMP SCARES ON DEAD BY DAYLIGHT!! xD

I also accept suggestions to give the idea of ​​a perfect Slender Man in the game, I hope it since the creation of Dead by Daylight

Post edited by MixMaster on

Comments

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Those perks are incredibely braindead XD

Easy tracking

Easy gen protection

Easy chase potential

Easy stealth

I mean, it would be awesome if Slender came to dbd, but not in this format.

• TargaryenChild
    TargaryenChild Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2020

First of all, the concept and the idea are great, I can imagine this killer in the game. I'd recommend changing some stuff like his chasing mechanic.

I'd love to see a mechanic like: Slenderman stays invisible until a survivor catches him in their sight. When they see him, he gets frozen at the location he got caught. The survivor can catch him just in a certain range (maybe 24 meters). Slenderman will get unfrozen if the survivor stops looking at him. The longer the survivor tries to freeze him, the worse the penalty gets. Also, the "watching him" time would stack so they will suffer at the end the worst penalties.

I'd also add an ability that allows him to teleport making a general sound. For instance: He can teleport making a television rain sound and shows the location where he was before teleporting. He can only teleport in a radius of 24 meters away for survivors . So he is forced to make predictions of where the survivor is going and maybe produce some jumpscares.

I'd would say that the penalties should be (hindered, mangled) The first 2 seconds. When they look at him more than 3 they start going crazy seeing him everywhere, also survivors like him. And maybe 6 seconds they start being vulnerable.

When it comes to perks I see the concern of the other guy that called then braindead. Maybe a little changes can be aplied and they would be great and balanced.

Cant run is ok. Dont look is kinda op since 3 penalties of looking at "every killer" would be awful. Maybe just oblivious is ok. Always watches could be a meta perk but it would be better if it had a longer cd.

Hope this comment helps <3

• SadCyclops
    SadCyclops Member Posts: 118

I dont know why this is ignored so much, but a fitting power would be that slenderman is able to tag a survivor from far away just by pressing m2. withing x seconds (like 20) after tagging, slenderman can press m2 again to teleport 5 to 10 meters away of the survivor instantly, facing him but being unable to move for like 2 seconds.

passive: when survivors look at slenderman a gauge (one for each survivor) fills. when the gauge is full, they instantly lose one health state and scream. the gause fills faster the closer slenderman is to the survivors.

additionally 10 pages can be found all over the map. collecting a page will reset the survivors gauge and a new page appears somewhere.

• MixMaster

You helped ^^

This part of freezing Slender has already been discussed, it would be very disadvantageous for the killer to be stopped in one place. One survivor could watch him while others make generators or open the gates. So I opted for the "static image", like The Spirit, so that he can "move", but in the survivor's view he would still be standing in the same place

• MixMaster

YES, exactly, I think it's very valid that they make their own version of Slender Man. I'm a super fan of him and even then I wouldn't mind seeing him different in the game. I would really like the developers to try to fit Slender into the game based on the old games, where it came from (and not this bullshit that it appears on cameras).

• Lascivar
    Lascivar Member Posts: 41

Just a thought about the stun when being watched, it feels like this would be heavily used in SWF to troll a killer, stunlock them at the gates etc or just anywhere really once they've been found.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,917

Not exactly sold on this power, but I believe Slenderman would be a good pick for the game.