How’s the MM system going for you guys?

Options

Comments

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

A player with 4.7k hours should not face these types of players.

In general, all of my last 10 games were over with at max 4 gens remaining and me ending up farming with them, unless I held back from the start.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I see. So what I’m getting (and feel free to interfere/correct me, the general gist of things is that in order for the MMR system to be accurate (new or experienced) players have to play at least 10 matches. However, new players are doing placement matches to build up their data/skill so they can possibly climb, as to experience players are doing matches that adjust your rating based on the data/skill level that is already in the system. I may be wrong, as it is a little confusing because the statements kinda collide and contradict each other but I believe that’s what they’re trying to get at here.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

Well, they did say that rank no longer factors in. Instead it's how you perform in the previous game.

For me, I think it works fine. But I've been playing forever and am used to players from all experience levels. So, I don't know if I'm a good gauge on it's effectiveness, especially when considering newer killers' experience with it.

It did however break my BP farming build. The build relied on survivors finishing gens quickly, so I didn't damage gens and focused on just hooking people once. I normally safety pipped, or depipped, but still played against skilled players. With the new system, I eventually get players who don't finish gens quickly, forcing me to kill everyone which takes a lot longer.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

I've seen couple of times. They are very rare. Don't know why.

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212
    edited August 2020
    Options

Guys, just play 5,6,7,8 Games and then you will feel the difference. Dont expect a difference after a few games. Especially as Killer. Every Killer has his own individual internal MMR. I've being testing it since a week on Xbox, and i feel a huge difference when i play Doc or Killers with i am bad with. :)

important edit: everyone starts at the same Level. The Ranks doesn't matter anymore. Thats the reason why you facing R20-15

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I checked the profile of the guy with no perks and he had less than 1 hour in the game.

This isn't a case of "rank doesn't equal skill", it's people who are BRAND NEW to the game being paired with/against people with thousands of hours. It's absolutely awful.

I've put up with some crap in this game but I think this is the last straw for me.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options
  • CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

3 games in a row with red ranks that called me ######### for being bad at nurse, whover designed the MMR needs to be fired and blacklisted for extreme incompetence

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

I played 4 games, 3 killer 1 surv. I didn't tryhard, just wanted to see if the system works. I am red ranks in both.

1. 4k with Spirit with 4 gens left - 1 red, 2 purple, 1 yellow. I actually chased 2 survs a bit longer and they didn't manage to get more than one gen done...
    2. 1k with Wraith (damn you, Rotten Fields!) - 2 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow. I played bad so this is ok, i'm cornblind.
    3. 1k with Ghostface on Yamaoke, i played good but i didn't manage my hooks, so i hooked everyone twice and only killed one. They splitted up on gens and did the ones in the middle first. Could have been much more kills if i had played more clever. - 3 reds, 1 green
    4. survivor match, rank 17 legion got bullied by some guys, i did 3 gens all alone... 1 red, 1 purple, 2 grey

so far i wouldn't say it works perfectly, but let's give it some time, let's the see how it goes in a week or so.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

I would say Im happy with it.

Pretty good job so far (no memeing)

BHVR teams do much crap things and much nosense things but this time i like it.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

I will be honest, Bamboozle on Bubba seems a bit like stridor on spirit, feels dirty, but man is it effective.

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167
    edited August 2020
    Options

Played on a killer I bought but have never played once. I should have Zero rank with him.

The 13 and 10 were both toxic in post chat even though I literally didn't hit anyone once because I was testing what ranks I'd end up getting.

Oof.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I think the purpose of the MMR is to determine where you fit on the skill scale, therefore they place you against other players with different ranges of a skill level for the beginning just to get an idea of where you actually belong.

MMR placing you with High Skilled players: this is too difficult for this player.

MMR placing you with Lower Skilled players: this is too easy.

then it evaluates/analyzes your play style and adjusta your ranking. I don’t think the ranks actually matter after all. Everyone knows climbing is easier for Survivors than it is Killers.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Haven't tried killer yet but my survivor queues have got even longer

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213
    Options

AWFUL. I just, as 15th rank, got with 2, 5, 6,8 ranks. GJ.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I've been playing on Xbox and the MMR is absolutely terrible at the moment. As a Red Rank survivor I get put with 2 rank 15-20 survivors and usually one other red rank survivor. Same thing happens when I play killer. I don't think its working as intended.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

pretty sure everyone knew it would be a complete disaster, myself and plenty of others made posts or vids like Scott on how it wouldn’t work in a game like this.

im kinda happy I was right but sad at the same time lol

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

it is terrible that is all I have to say

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179
    edited August 2020
    Options

For solo Q this is nightmare

if u luck u play with another red rank. Games is 2 red rank and 2 trash players

For killer is ez 4kill

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Supposedly this MMR system has been gathering data in the background for weeks, and I have thousands of hours in the game so I’m not a baby survivor. In what possible universe would it make sense for me to be MMR matched with someone who has less than one hour play time?

I don’t care about the rank, the fact that they were rank 20 isn’t the problem, it’s the fact that they are clearly brand new to the game. They weren’t lapsed players who had deranked, they were completely in the dark about how the game works and have no perks.

Please make it make sense to me because right now it makes no sense at all. Either the devs are lying about the MMR system having gathered data over the past few months, or they’re lying about there being any MMR at all.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited August 2020
    Options

” Working as intended “ , have less then 1 -2 hour gameplay...played about 5 games, there is no way in all of the world in the 5 games my “ skill” is on par with a rank 1 ...........

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    edited August 2020
    Options

First game played with new MMR I had 2 rank 20 teammates. Me and my friend are rank 1 and we also had a rank 1 killer.

2nd and 3rd game cant remember, but probably average players.

But for the last 5 games (no exaggeration) I have been matched with the exact same rank 1 survivors (of old MM system), with thousands of hours. We escaped every single game, except one game in which one survivor was moried.

First impressions of the new MMR were bad, but perhaps it will turn out good if my last 5 games are anything to go by. I've never been matched up with the same survivors 5 times in a row, ever. Playing with competent survivors is fun.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

nobody ever reads the damn posts the devs make. Let me spell this out for you guys: R A N K S A R E N O W I R R E V E L E N T !

They confirmed that with this change, you will go against rainbow ranks, and to NOT freak out, as rank is no longer used to judge how powerful someone is.

They explain it in HUGE DETAIL in the post about it, but you guys just see the title, then you "suddenly know everything".

They literally have 4 PARAGRAPHS about why ranks don't matter anymore, how ranks are now being used to judge how much people play the game, not how skillful they are, and even why they are still keeping it for incentive rewards...you know...the thing people have been asking about for years? (it's pretty much half of the post)

But something is different, so we should all cry now.

I'm just tired of the "see-food diet" everyone is on. They see it, then take it.

• Victor_hensley
    Options

If they tell everyone how it work, then everyone will abuse it. It's what happened to the emblem system they used to use.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited August 2020
    Options

I played well over 10 matches now (probably around 20) and it's not getting any better. I'm almost always playing with new players, only had one match so far where all players were actually good. The rest of the matches were either the killer destroying my clueless teammates or the killer chasing me for ages and my teammates not doing anything, causing us to lose anyway.

• trolki
    trolki Member Posts: 8
    Options

Played 3 games as killer after work hoping new MMR was in place for some balanced matches.

Huntress - Total games played with her, ever, about 3...

Wraith - First two games I have ever played him as I had a daily for the killer. I get:

Game One

Game Two

I mean look at my perks lol

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    edited August 2020
    Options

5 games, every friggin one super sweaty red ranks swf. If I gotta face this every match I’m gonna quit entirely, and I see a lot of killers doing the same.

• trolki
    Options

Clearly it does make a difference though?

Look at my previous post.

my perks vs the red ranks

experience vs me buying the game during summer sale

ranks may be "I R R E V E L E N T" but match making is #########

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2020
    Options

I played plague at rank 1. I played against 2 rank 1s and 2 rank 20s. I barely play her but I always 4k with her so MMR probably wasn't so low

• Victor_hensley
    Options

how about you play the game more then it will even it out! It's brand new, so things are going to change. But hating everything about this game is the trend of the forums.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Quoting myself since edits usually make stuff disappear for me, but for the love of all that’s holy when mmr gets high enough can you devs at least ensure that every few matches or so are at least solo I don’t mind waiting a bit longer I need a break from this bs.

• trolki
    Options

So you tell us to read what the devs actually say, so how about you do as well?

They have been tracking MMR rating for last the couple of months. If you don't like player feedback then leave the forum. People are discussing their games and experience - so deal with it

• Kernelzilla
    Kernelzilla Member Posts: 67
    Options

I read a comment what said "after some matches the new system it's working" let me tell u not exactly , i played a lot of matches and my teammates are newbies in all aspects (they don't know how to unhook someone literally lol) and the killer it's a red/purple one with +2000hs.

• Victor_hensley
    Options
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I'm facing red ranks mostly (With the occasional brown mixed in), and I don't know if this is because of MMR, but the players with whom I now find myself in-game seem much less competent than their rank suggests.

• trolki
    Options

So I see a mod has said it will take 10 games to decided MMR rankings. So we need to play 10 games on every killer to get playable games?

I only get a few hours after work, no thanks lol

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2020
    Options

2 games as Doctor. I've only played 2 games before MMR change (1 got 3k, 1 got 0k, not even a down). Now: first game, again 0k, only 1 hook, and second game actually more or less balanced, with 3k and a hatch: survs got really greedy that match.

4 games as Clown. Got quite a lot of matches before MMR, but was overall pretty mediocre at best with him. Got bullied pretty hard several times. Now: 3 games easy 3k, one game 1k, 2 DCs and a hatch (they got absolutely destroyed by me and I wasn't even trying that hard; was planning on letting the last one go anyway).

I think overall it seems about right. With Doctor I think it's still calculating my skill level pretty obviously. On Clown I've got easy matches, since the last several ones before MMR I got destroyed hard and that might have tanked my MMR on him.

Fun fact: the teams on Doctor had similar ranks and gameplay time (I checked their profiles), proving that, indeed, ranks means nothing.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,458
    Options

So far it doesn't even feel like there is a matchmaking system. I feel like I'm just getting the first handful of random people that queued up, anywhere from 3k+ hours to just downloaded the game.

• rabid_pygmy
    rabid_pygmy Member Posts: 61
    Options

First several games were rough.... stomps for one side or the other, but they're getting more balanced.

I'm a solo queue player focusing on challenges more so than escaping.

Had decent chases in all these games, and didn't feel as though we were stomped too hard.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

This is exactly how it feels to me as well. I literally had a teammate with almost 5k hours and only 7 hours in the same match.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

You're a moron if you think someone with 10 hours of gameplay is on the same skill level as someone who has 1000 hours.

• OutbreakJack
    OutbreakJack Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2020
    Options

Just for context. 2500 hours and red or purple rank basically all seasons.

I played 7 games so far. 3 the power balance was even. 3 games I had rank 16-20 killers and my teammates were all red ranks, which led to basically what you'd expect. in a couple of those I was stuck with a rank 18 that auto dced when they got downed and the other game a rank 17 automatically killed himself on hook after they went down at the start of the match. Which led to a less interesting game overall.

Honestly what concerns me about this system is that from what ive heard you need 10 matches to get yourself situated in the MMR. The major problem I'm already seeing here is that Ill be facing way more rank 20 killers that are just going to get annihilated constantly. Frustrating for them, horribly boring for at least me. I know some sadistic people like pushing around the noobs but I find it very dull.

Hopefully this isn't a prevalent issue but I get the feeling it will be...

• lordtomato
    lordtomato Member Posts: 204
    Options

4.1.0 Dark history, worst patch

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    edited August 2020
    Options

Ranks never meant anything so stop pointing them out as proof of skill or whatever. All they say is how much people played since last rank reset.

MMR assigns to me either rank 20 newbies or rank 1 swf fun police squads equipped with either small PP builds or full on immersion. It's either complete faceroll or very stressful game.

• xnicolay
    xnicolay Member Posts: 70
    Options

seems balanced bro.

people with 40 hours vs killer with 1,8k hours.

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2020
    Options

Wow. 3 matches in a row and 3 killer disconnects and I don’t blame them. Rank 19-20-19 and all 3 matches had 3 or more red rank survivors. I haven’t had this many killer disconnects in one day in a long while.