How’s the MM system going for you guys?

13»

Comments

• ronaldinho
    ronaldinho Member Posts: 9

No difference for me honestly.

Still versing mostly sweaty rank 1-2 swf on PS4.

Played like 10 matches today, one single survivor was purple.

Im rank 2 currently btw.

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227

the game should have had 2 kinds of matchmaking

1) The casual one (kind of what we had most of time). More weak m1 killers, less stressful, more chaotic, relaxing.

2) MMR you can see your scores. Mories, keys are forbidden. More tryhards, people play for victory as good as they can, more competent in both sides.

any online game has such system.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Is MMR live on PS4?

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

God awful. Whenever I play solo, its either a SWF that leaves me to die, or its a bunch of potatoes who dont know what theyre doing

For killer, it hasnt changed a bit. So I guess thats either a good or bad thing.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

As a rank 1 and 2 killer im only going against red rank and purple rank survivors, nothing changed there. However as a red rank survivor im still only getting brown rank killers. MMR is definitely working.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Yeah im not going to play a killer for 10 matches getting dominated by red ranks just to try out a new killer.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

Something seems to be really broken with this, I played killer all day and played exactly 24 games in total today, all of them being with Leatherface. In those 24 games I had, only 3 groups managed to get more than one gen done and half of them were completly new rank 10-20s.

My 24th and last game was a total stomp with 0 gens done. So this is neither a problem with me not playing enough games, nor with switching between killers.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Really damn bad, after like 8 hours of playing I still get paired with new players on both sides, killer and survivor, I just had a match against a rank 20 trapper with 2.1 hours of gameplay.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

I'm getting the opposite, i'm a nurse main with 1k hours and i'm facing baby survivors. I thought at first it was because i was playing wraith which i don't normally play often, so i thought, let me switch to nurse, surely the killer i play in 50% of my matches should be good. Nope, all baby survivors, finished 1 gen in my match with me just having 5 second chases.

• TrialByFire476
    TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100

I'm actually having a good time. I've only had potato teammates 2 or 3 times. That's also the only reason I wanted MMR.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

They should at least give us accurate information! One dev says everyone will have to play 10 matches in order for their MMR to settle while another dev is saying only new accounts will have to play 10 matches while old accounts and players who have been playing for a while will not have their MMR start at default, instead their MMR will work for them as soon as the system goes live because the MMR algorithm was in the background for some time getting all the data needed. However this does not seem to be the case because the new MMR is not working correctly even for players with 1000+ hours. And even after playing more than 10 matches it is still not working correctly.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

So far it's been mostly easy matches, too easy, except for a match against what I think was an SWF, while playing Huntress, one of my worst killers. The easyness is strange, MMR was supposed to have been tracked in the background the past few weeks, so my MMR should be pretty high since I've been consistently ranking up the past few weeks, yet I'm getting matched against brown rank potatoes more than I was before the update, on both killer and survivor. Hasn't improved queue times at all on PS4, still getting 20+ minute survivor queue times tonight, just like I was before the update.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2020

I'm just about to try exactly this myself next match...

so far though, this new MM has been absolutely terrible. Two games in a row I got totally steamrolled.

EDIT: Played Nurse. Got a more balanced team and did OK; only 1K, but that's reasonable for me with nurse.

EDIT: match 3 went back to my main (doc) and had a MUCH better match. felt like I was a little too strong for them.

[FAITH IN NEW MATCHMAKING INCREASES]

EDIT: next match:

[FAITH IN NEW MATCHMAKING DECREASES]

at least this last group that steamrolled me was nice about it; the previous ones had been really sore winners. It was also farm, which I'm always bad at because corn.

next game:

your players are starting to suspect that your "new matchmaking system" is that you just threw out matchmaking completely. 😄

had another game on farm and did better (0k but zero pipped) and then the next game I demolished them in 10 mins, and sympathy-dunked the last survivor. I'm not seeing much of a pattern here...

Post edited by luvcraft on
  • Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Yesterday I played Doc and Pyramid Head. Most teams had one good survivor and three new players. Then I switched to wraith and got stomped by a full red team.

• Cosmin262
    Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117

I keep getting matched with teammates with less that 10 hrs of playtime...

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

Really one-sided games with the new MMR