Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Suggestion for Leatherface's token use window

It's difficult to keep an eye on the token use window for Leatherface while using his chainsaw when using addons that extend the duration of the chainsaw sweep. It's sort of functioning like how Nurse used to, where you have to develop the muscle memory for multiple durations to maximize the efficiency of tokens, when using addons. It's not so bad if I look at the power meter while in the chainsaw sweep, but it's so far in the corner, I can't keep an eye on where I'm going.

As a suggestion, make the same bar that shows the chainsaw revving meter show the power use as it counts down after the chainsaw sweep activates. That way there's a place to reference the power meter that's not in the bottom corner of the screen.

Comments

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

Or the chainsaw could start sputtering like it's almost out of gas at the last 25% of the meter. There's a ton of ways to change it so it's more obvious.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Alternatively, and even better, just make it so that using another token queues it up to be used that the end of the current countdown. I don't really see why this wouldn't be done, since learning the timing isn't really a test of skill. Or if you want to keep it the way it is, just give a little bit of a window at the end where you can throw in another one. Slow him down to walking speed during this window so it's not just a pure benefit if you want to reward people for preemptively spending a token.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

In the PTB, I wanted this. But now I'm actually not for it.

Bubba is considerably powerful now. His power should have some skill/experience utility to it. You can get the muscle memory down on his charges and just know by reflex when you can tap the use-charge button and when you can't. If they're going to keep Bubba where he's at, I'd rather people at least need to learn to grasp that without any guiding mechanics.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

That's true. I guess it would be nice if a brown addon could add this, like the knight for doctor, or cloth for nurse.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

What do you mean? He already gives an obvious sound cue which is his grunting.

By default, use another charged after 3 "Reee" sounds he makes during sweeping. With some addons I guess this should be after 4 "Reee".

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191

There's a little trick to get a perfect timing without looking down at the bar, very easy to tell (changes with the chili addons though): In the first charge you use (doesn't matter how many you have left, just the first you use) press M2 at the 4th swing of the chainsaw, the rest of the charges at the 3rd. It's that simple.