Behaviour solved the SWF/solo disparity

Solo survivor is now so unplayable that the only people playing the game a month from now will be four man SWFs, and they can balance accordingly. Excellent work.

Comments

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

The new MMR. This post is mostly a joke but the new MMR is funnier.

• rabid_pygmy
    rabid_pygmy Member Posts: 61

Solo queue isn't that bad, just run kindred. I can run meme builds and still escape regularly.

Play to have good chases and plan ahead of your teammates and the killer.

It's challenging, but very rewarding when you make good reads and affect the outcome of the match with your own skill.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

I see what they mean killers have massive hand outs and if you're solo you get the raw end

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

MMR is interesting to say the least. Red ranks are just miserable to play at for both sides I think. Now that MMR is working, you are more likely to get red ranks unless you smurf your survivor group, so every game is a sweaty mess. They really need to come up with a casual option or unranked or something. Then there's the lovely aura issue. :(

OP I'd love to hear what specifically you don't like about solo queue at the moment. Can you elaborate?

And before you say it will all be SWFs . . . you should know that that is messed up at the moment as well with having to add folks to your friend list in steam before you can invite them to a lobby. While that doesn't affect standing groups, it does impact new ones. You spend 15-20 minutes getting people connected and then when you lose a team member, you have to start the process again. Lots of wasted time. 

• xenotimebong

I admire your optimism! No sarcasm, I honestly wish I could be more optimistic about this change but my experience has been pretty awful so far.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

I play only solo survivor and you pretty much have to play SWF because the killers get so many hand outs on top of 2nd chance perks. The rampant tunneling and camping killers with Noed is just too much

• xenotimebong

My beef with solo queue at the moment is the new MMR system.

To be honest this post was just a hyperbolic joke, I was frustrated and not being terribly serious. I think the game will probably be fine, it’s just fun to vent.

• xenotimebong
  • Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

I'm a rank 1 killer and have played 5 games today. The trend seems to be 1 red rank and three brown ranks.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

And? This same thing has been happening to killers for much much longer. New killers going against red rank SWF.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

By choosing to offend OP you’ve entirely missed the point of the post. I’ll reiterate it for you in simpler text:

New MMR is meant to fix disparities in skill, so far, it has not. It has been running in the background for weeks/months now, according to the devs.

The ranks shown have had strong correlation to the players skill and although ranks are all we have proof of, we can see the differences in skill when we’re playing in the actual game. Therefore, the end game ranks make sense as to why their skills are so bad/good.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

I understand how the new system works. What im saying though is that this matchmaking has been happening for months, even before they "changed" the matchmaking.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Nothing is wrong. People are just dramatic.

The game is pretty much balanced

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Solo queue is unplayable? Seems to be working for me.... 🤷‍♀️

• xenotimebong

Perfectly balanced.

The guy with no perks wasn’t bugged by the way, he had less than 1 hour playtime of Dead by Daylight.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

You missed nothing. Bad players blaming others as usual.

• xenotimebong

What the ######### are you talking about, blaming others? I’m not blaming new players for being bad I’m blaming the devs for pairing brand new players with people who have thousands of hours of experience.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

With an MMR system, everyone should start centering around winning 50% of their game’s and losing 50% of their games. ######### storm incoming. The whole point here is that people will balance out with each other. The system needs to balance itself.

either that or they botched this and it’s not actually enabled.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Anyone who thinks solo surv is playable probably crouches until everyone dies and hops in hatch. Solo players are selfish. Players that dont want to work as a team or cant because they dont know how are boring and unfun to be in matches with. This is why swf is fun. Voice coms have little to do with it. Playing without voice can be really fun if you have good team mates. I can depend on my friends. They know how to run, juke, stealth, save, not waste time healing every time they are injured....

Idk why its controversial to say I want to play with team mates that are at my skill level. No more no less. It's not fun knowing in solo if I want to escape I basically have to play selfishly bc ik the moment I'm on the hook I'm at the mercy of bad players. Ik lots of killers like playing against selfish, clueless randos so they can tunnel them to death and then come for me when they've wasted all the pallets... but uh, it ain't for me.

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181

I watched otz get paired with nothing but survivors with a couple hundred hours multiple games in a row. Meanwhile, when I play killer I continuously get survivors with thousands of hours while performing badly.

So the better you do the easier the opponents get and the worse you do the harder? I really don't understand what BVHR was thinking

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

i play solo que and don’t have many problems with it. I run bond so if my team is not so good I know what the outcome is gonna be. I can steer chases away from gens in progress etc. as far as the new MMR system I think it’s gonna improve matchmaking. I only started playing about a year ago and it’s been nonstop complaints about matchmaking and que times. Que’s are awesome now compared to the past.

when matchmaking matches you with appropriate player ranks everyone complained about player skill not matching rank and que time. I think it’s on the right path from a single year of experience pov.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited August 2020

I agree. I said I would quit yet just took a break instead.

We just have to wait for it to settle. I do feel bad for a rank 20 killer with 1 tier 1 perk when they go against survivors with 4 tier 3 perks though. They have obviously just started the game and get thrown into the wolves den.

Post edited by Purgatorian on
  • TheFrog
    TheFrog Member Posts: 56

You have to play around 10 games for MMR to pick up on how good you are, just like any other game.

Just learn to be patient man

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I'm sure you could tell that they were inexperienced. Why not let them play a little before ending them, instead of making it a miserable and short gaming experience. I'm not saying let them escape, just allow them to get some points and a match that doesn't make them want to quit playing.

On a side note. Devotion 15. Damn. When was the last time you stepped outside. Lol.

• TheFrog
    TheFrog Member Posts: 56

Shut up, I play Solo Q and on more then 1 occasion I’ve hooked saved everyone but myself and the swf leaves me behind so clearly you’re getting paired with trash players

I smell that you’re one of those swf teams aswell

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Yeah, I don't know either. I played solo queue all day today & was enjoying myself. I always play solo queue though, so maybe I'm just used to it? I actually thought the majority of my games today were really good. On both sides. *shrug*

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

These types of threads really need to be more prevalent than they are on this forum.

For the record, its so mind numbing that people can't distinguish this and CONSTANTLY simplify it as 'killers vs survivors'.

• xenotimebong

Dude, running Bond can’t help you carry your rank 20 teammates against an experienced killer. Running Bond or Kindred is no replacement for teammates who understand the basic mechanics of the game.

• xenotimebong

A) I played more than 10 games and the matchmaking got no better.

B) This system has apparently been running in the background and the “10 games” nonsense is for new players. Here, proof: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507727/#Comment_1507727

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122

As a survivor , I have only played solo seeing as i dont have my own group to play with. I still work with others to survive. I have been able to be rank 6 at the lowest and no I don't hide out and wait. Its totally playable. I agree people are so used to their groups that without it they can't win. I have seen this as playing killer too. The matchmaking is a little wonky right now. Im rank 7 currently matched with a 1-5 killer and the rest rank 15-20s. Im hoping its true that it adjusts to your skill level and starts being more balanced. Quite frankly , what i find broken is the map choices. So many different ones yet the same three get played. I'm stuck at mechanic yard and Macmillan like several matches in a row.

• Robotman200
    Robotman200 Member Posts: 49

This is facts, also I played several solo queue games today and nothing felt " broken "

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

U guys Red killer and face 4 Brown survivors? I was Green Killer and face 4 Red/Purple survivors now Im Yellow.

What kind of luck I have here?

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80
    edited August 2020

Edit: It doesn't matter.

Post edited by badaB00M3R on
  • hexvaccination
    hexvaccination Member Posts: 1

You're being nothing but rude to anyone that doesn't share your opinion ######### chill. 90% of the responses were not aggressive they were just stating that they saw no problem with solo queuing so calm down . You're apart of the problem with this community .

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

The Killer's did quit though, and have steadily been quitting. It's the whole reason why we are getting so many killer buffs. Killer's is the bones and foundation of the whole game. The game is only staying a live by quickly releasing new characters and archives to keep some kind of interest.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020

Addiction is serious business, it took me most of a year to stop gambling on raid shitow legends and I'd gambled over 3k in that less than a full year while spending almost half of that time wanting to quit over every fiasco up until I finally did about a couple of months ago. Give it time. Once people had neough of the bs, and accept the fact that da nile ain't just a river in egypt and it will never change they will in time quit. And the longer it takes getting there the less trust they have left and the more fed up they are making it almost a certainty there will be no way to get those players (or gamblers in the case of some things) back.

Once enough killers leave for good, or worst case decide to never touch killer again but still add to survivor pools' size while depriving the killer queue of one more host... the game is frakked. I just saw that happen earlier in this year to another 'asymmetrical' that repeatedly chat on it's killer side and after one patch too many they left and from what I've heard to this day never came back no matetr how big the effort to do a 180 on all that was. There's too many other games to play, and this is becoming a saturated genre just like mobas and battle royales became. Nobody is gonna come back if they leave in such a state of mind, especially once they find a new home and become invested in that instead.

So tread carefully, for you tread upon your own dreams behavior. the players will just chase their own elsewhere after they've been unhappy and felt neglected long enough, remember that before you decide to next ruin the moris next without creating an opt out for swf lol. The only killers you'll have left, if you're not careful, are gonna be the streamers and the sweaty tryhards that'll run the casuals and their skins money off of the game and most of either side that is lost would never come back. I've seen it happen before, doesn't matter how many thousands play... they can all be gone in less than a couple of weeks after one bad patch.

• xenotimebong

Are you serious? There was nothing rude about that comment whatsoever. And if you’re so concerned about rudeness, telling someone that they’re “the problem with this community” isn’t very polite either.

• CraftedWolf
    CraftedWolf Member Posts: 7

I think once do a decent amount of rounds it’ll be fine but who knows, but put beginners with experience players is kind of annoying.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

I may have missed it in the comments, but has this MMR change reached consoles as well?

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Solo survivors aren't always selfish, but you'd be right probably 75% of the time, at least speaking from the experience I've had in Solo q. I can say with some confidence that a lot of solo players don't know or care about safe unhooks, I've been unhooked many times while in the killers TR and the survivor that does the unhook isn't running BT. It gets very frustrating because they unhook, run off, watch me get downed, unhook again while the killer is just starting to leave and boom, I'm dead. It sucks for me, but sucks more for the rest of the team having to be down a survivor just because some dumb dumb didn't know or care about when to unhook and when not to.