Licensed Chapter idea

Hideous
Hideous Member Posts: 9
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm not very good with balance or abilities so any idea to add/alter/adjust is welcome. This is one of my favorite characters and i think he would be a great fit for Dbd.

1. The Tall Man

From the Phantasm film series. He is a very tall mortician. He wears a black suit. His theme is death. He has what looks like embalming fluid for blood and he deals with dead bodies. He was portrayed in the film by actor Angus Scrimm. Here is the characters bio:

The Tall Man was a 19th century mortician named Jebediah Morningside. After years of performing funerals and burying the bodies of those who had died, he began to develop a fascination with any possible connection between our world and the world of the dead. Jebediah's research eventually led him to construct a machine that enabled him to travel through time and space. After going through the portal for the first time, travelling to a destination unknown, he promptly returned, irrevocably changed and henceforth known as the Tall Man.

*This story can fit perfectly in with DBD. When The Tall Man man enters his portal one day, he goes not to his own dimension, but to the realm of the entity. He becomes fascinated by the cycle of death and seeming rebirth of the survivors and thus hunts them for the Entity to study this phenomenon further.

Weapon:

He has these small metallic spheres, known as sentinels, that fly around and they attack/kill people in very gruesome ways. They come in silver, gold, black, and red. They have little blades, lasers, and even circular saws that come out and do damage. They can stab into a person and begin draining out their blood spewing it from the other side of the sphere. There is a scene in Phantasm 2 where one of the spheres burrows inside the body of someone and thrusts them around basically carving them up on the inside. The sentinel sphere can be his weapon. I think he would look cool with one that hovers over his outstretched hand or maybe even a few that hover around him.

Abilities:

I don't know about his abilities so i could use some help there. In the movies he has superhuman strength, limited telekinesis, and can shapeshift to trick potential victims. He also takes dead bodies and reanimates them as these little dwarves called lurkers to do his bidding.

Appearance:

The first Phantasm movie was from 1979, the last was in 2016. The same actor portrayed The Tall Man that whole time. His alternate costumes could be the varying ages that he has been throughout the series along with his clothing when he was Jebediah Morningside (which just looks like a suit from the 19th century)

Map:

A big mortuary would be cool. He has a mortuary in Phantasm 2 that has long corridors and rooms with tables where bodies are being turned into those lurkers i mentioned. There is an embalming machine too. There can be one room which leads to that other dimension, it is an all white room that has these two steel rods jutting up from the floor and it'd be cool if, in between them, you can see the other dimension

Add Reggie the ice cream man from the Phantasm movies as a survivor and you have The Phantasm Chapter! Reggie is a blue collar everyman. He is a loyal friend who would do anything to help his buddies. The actor (who shares his characters name) is a Vietnam vet. This would be excellent for the character! To have an ex-soldier turned ice cream vendor who strives to protect his friends against evil! The actor who plays him describes Reggie as "a humorless character" who does not recognize the humor of his situations."

He can have the various clothes he wears in the movies, (including his ice cream truck vendor outfit) as alternate outfits.

Again i don't know about perks, maybe stuff that enhances the other players since his character helps his friends? Or like, if he does more than one thing to help a survivor (like if he saves you from a hook AND heals you he gets a buff of some kind?) Any and all ideas welcome

Post edited by Hideous on

Comments