Comments

• Skipz
    Skipz Member Posts: 1

Its hard to please everyone

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

Ok

l will try not use the R word

l have a colored thing in my top right hand corner that is green, l have been getting gen rushed by survivors that have red colored things all night.

so now my green colored thing had turned yellow, because the little white things keep disappearing.

but apparently we are the same skill level.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I have noticed that also. 3+ years playing on ps4, and I have come across more new players recently than I have in a long time..

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,801

If they didn't use our historical matches in our starting rank, then of course you're having experienced and inexperienced players play each other for a bit. The experienced ones should then increase in rank and the inexperienced ones should decrease in rank. Before long this won't be an issue; remember that this went live like two days ago.

If this persists for a while that's a sign that the algorithm is bad. I don't know why people are whining this early on, though.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

God why are boomers and wannabe boomers such bootlickers.

It's a 1M dollar company they're not gonna give you a gold star and a pat in the back for defending their feelings.

We paid for a game which should work but doesn't. Period. It's not entitlement it's asking for the product to work as advertised. And they've proven time and time again they do not listen unless we make a ######### uproar.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

I keep getting matched up against 4's and 3's survivors lol

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172

A lot brown rank survivors on PS4 are de-ranking survivors or their alternative accounts (which only has 1 or few games). They actually purple or red rank survivors, who tried bully new players or may be the queue time in red rank was extremely long for red rank (before the MMR sys launched)

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158

I don't understand why they hide skill ratings of each members. We can't even know if our rating was increased or decreased in the match. Does it really exist? Nobody knows.

• gelukrait

May be they are trying to avoid ppl who want to abuse the system like old ranking system, I guess.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

Not true because a Potato killer cannot become Rank 1 without trying. If that is true I could pick any killer and go sit in the basement being a potato and get to rank 1. Rank means in the very least you have played and learned something. You may be right about rank on survivor because people can get carried but Rank on killer does mean something. It means they knew how to loop and win chases and how to pressure and other things.

• Archive512
    Archive512 Member Posts: 150

rank 10 killer, after 10-12 matches as doctor im against rank 1 survivors. still. whats the point in the MMR change if its just gonna be the same problem with a different name.

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2020

i dont think they have workign system. Any ranked game has a calibration so after 5-10 games you have to be somewhere near your rightful place someties rasing and falling depending on your skill, luck etc, but this game keep sending me noobs and not only to me, open stream of any good killer you will see the same.

this is frustrating. They for sure have have data on playtime, winrate and so on based on this info they could have created pools of players like for example "newbie 10-100 hours, beginner 100-500, average 500-1000 , good 1000-2000, supergood 3k+ hours"

idk mb system needs time for stabilization but at least for now it does not look very good

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

This would explain a lot of my experiences on ps4. I'd wreck red rank players one match, and then i'd get wrecked the next match by brown/yellow survivors that felt like seal team 6 on meth 🤣🤣🤣

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Or maybe the 7000 IQ plan is no matchmaking at all. Just random. It’s just about the only thing behavior could get right to be honest

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I’m afraid you don’t know what entitled means, or when criticism is valid or not

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

So there’s a lot of players on ps4 who pay for two ps plus subs, bought dbd twice, for the purpose of bullying baby killers?

OR, more likely....there’s players on PS4, like every other platform, who’ve taken a break for a couple of months or more, and come back to play from them to time?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited August 2020

This bit below, from the news update about the matchmaking changes -- nobody is gonna know or use that. If ranks and color bands are front and center, that is still gonna be what players use to compare and evaluate, because it is what's in front of them. The presentation needs to be updated to match whatever it is Behaviour is going for with the under-the-hood changes.

The fact that it isn't all in sync makes this whole thing come across as sloppy and rushed, without any sort of input from a UX designer. There has to be another clear, visible indicator of a player's aptitude -- otherwise everyone will just keep using what they've been using, and then wondering why the matchmaking keeps pairing them with wildly different ranks. You guys at Behaviour have to assume, whenever you do absolutely anything like this, that the average non-hardcore player isn't reading news updates, isn't reading most of the patch notes, isn't looking at these forums, and only takes away from it what they see happening in-game.

WHY ARE THERE STILL RANKS?

Matchmaking has been and continues to be one of the hottest topics we hear about, and we have been listening! To get this implemented as quickly as possible, we have decided to roll it out independent of a rework of the Rank system. That doesn’t mean we don’t have plans for Ranks, however! We are exploring different ideas like turning them into a monthly activity tracker and reward system, when we are ready, we'll communicate more about that

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020

my opinion on that sort of perspective has changed recently, it's a bit imposing.

• gelukrait

The PS+ can be shared with 2nd, 3rd, ... accounts for free. In other word, you only purchase plus and the game and the DLCs for main account once. The game also gave away in Aug 2018 for PS+ users. Please google for more detail, bro.

There is also a chance they come back after long break. But impossible when you meet them again and again, match by match and they DC or suicide at first hook liked crazy in certain time in day.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Actually, the game works. Not flawless, not to the liking of most people, but saying it doesn´t work is simply false.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

80% of my survivor matches are against level 1 Killers and at least one red rank survivour. I've only made it to level 9 as a solo survivour. I'm not sure what is going on. Matches were better be fore.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

They admitted that the Emblem System is not a meaningful measurement for skill, something we've been telling them since the introduction.

It's just pathetic that it takes them 2 years to figure that out while it takes 2 hours for the community.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Honestly the only killers I have had bad matchmaking on, is killers I rarely play. Killers I havent been playing for more than a few games (we saying one hand here) since the beginning of 2020 (some I havent played in years). But when I play those I get matched with rank 20s-16s or similar, and thats not fair man.

Lets pretend the old ranks were fair, they werent but lets pretend, and give numbers to the mmr. Rank 20's and newcomers would be 0 MMR, and Rank 1s would be something like 1000 mmr, just to make my point. Maybe in a real scenario you real mmr could climb infinitely, who knows, but we'll go with 1000 for now.

Lets say the starting line for mmr is 0, as you play on killers the "Baseline" for your mmr goes up a tad, and depending on how well you did on that specific killer, that killers mmr goes up maybe either slightly more or a lot more than the baseline. Lets say the max a baseline MMR can go to is 500 (or about rank 10 in this scenario), and the max your specific killers mmr could go to is 1000. So lets say you have played like 100 games on Freddy. You have done quite well and he now has a mmr of maybe 850, but your base mmr stopped around 500. So if you suddenly stopped playing Freddy and started playing Trapper, you shouldnt start at 0 mmr, all your other killers if you have played that much and risen that quickly should start at 500 on killers you havent played.

Its insanity to me to think that anyone who has played killer for 1000 hours, gets the next new killer and ######### murders rank 20's just because they have never played that killer before. At the very least they should at max face "green ranks". But I guess we will see a post in a few weeks saying "Small tuning have been done to the matchmaking, that was incorrectly putting low ranking and new players against veterans."

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Matchmaking is so good now. Thx BHVR. Now, have a look into campers/tunnelers, please