since last patch every letherface facecamps

Options

A lot of letherfaces facecamped even before the patch but since it went live almost every single match with a letherface is him facecamping until the survivor dies, and survs are even worse countering it, instead of genrushing people tries to go for the save and obviously die. Are devs looking forward to make some camping penalization or something?

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Camping is fine, just do gens

It's probably new mm and ur being put up with garbage killers that don't know any better, as well as survivors that rush the hooks

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited August 2020
    Options

Even though Leatherface's rework increased his total potential many people seem to struggle playing him effectively because the devs removed instasaw and added his charge mechanic making him difficult to play for all the people that used to just mow you down with instasaw at point blank range.

As a result these kinda people tend to camp even more than before I suppose.

Unfortunately the devs are not planning to change camping mechanically at this moment as it is sometimes not avoidable (open gates or hook swarming survivors for instance).

Maybe they will make a change to camping when the Early Game Change gets added to the game.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I have yet to play against a face camping bubba since he has been changed maybe I just got lucky though. Mine were all high reds you weren't specific.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

I don't think I saw a bubba since the update... :p

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Oh damn didn't realise when I was playing for my adept I was actually facecamping the entire time, thanks for pointing out how I played!!

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

So why should the killer be punished if survivors hookrush or refuse to do gens and stare at the (face)camping killer looking for an oppurtunity?

• croquetas
    croquetas Member Posts: 20
    Options

he fact that survivors refuse to do gens is because facecamping in the first place. The match went like this, one early down with chainsaw, the rest of the team was doing gens and for no reason he started facecamping, we were playing normal, no toxicity or anything, so this is totally the killer's fault, and bc of mmr mi two rank 19 teammates just went to the hook expecting the killer to do nothing, so why I get punished if I did nothing wrong?

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    edited August 2020
    Options

If I see a Bubba in the start of the match (hear his chainsaw) I already know that's going to be a face camping game, so I sit on gens and rush the crap out of them.

Unfortunately face camping is the playstyle of 95 to 99% of the Bubbas I face, especially if they get a basement hook.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I have yet to come across a facecamping Leatherface since the last patch. Maybe I'm just lucky. Or maybe people are getting a few bad eggs that tilt their views.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

This has always been the case, people are just noticing it more now since the bubba easy-mode, hand-held, babied pay 2 win crutchlord buff patch is all because more facecamping scrublords are buying in to the Pay2winMode.exe

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536
    Options

More killer's act toxic since the Billy&Bubba update.

But survivor acting like this too.

Personally if I play Bubba I NEVER camp besides the gates are open but then I don't do facecamping bc I don't want to be toxic.

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    Options

I'm pretty sure Bubba has been the preferred killer of campers since his release, but okay.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I haven't seen a single facecamping Bubba since his rework, everyone has just been playing him normally in red ranks.

He's a decent killer now so people don't need to resort to facecamping with him anymore. Maybe you're just facing lower ranks?

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I haven’t dealt with face camping Bubba since the patch either. I’ve played him several times and never did it either. Unluck of the draw for some I guess.