If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How many of you still play DeathGarden

Options
Countfunkular
Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
No I'm dead serious how many of you still play this game. It had an interesting idea and concept however.

There's not enough players in my opinion to sustain. At least not enough active players. Maybe play Death garden please let me know why you play it or why you stopped playing it down below.

Yes I know this isn't a dead by daylight post but it still related to the company.

Comments

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited September 2018
    Options

No one plays it cause its balanced and somewhat challenging.

Since a large portion of the community in DBD play survivor, and many of them are toxic, its more fun for them.

I personally like Death Garden, I enjoy playing Hunter, even when the 5 runners in question are a group of friends playing, I stand a chance with whatever weapons I am using, the ability to run across the map is so useful.

If I want this sort of power, its Nurse, sometimes Billy, but Nurse.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

No advertising, no content, etc..
    The game is fun has potential but they forced the release and that cucked them imo.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Interesting adds...
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I have the game but it didn't run as well as I wanted it to. I was going to wait and see if it got any better, what with it being in Early Access and all. The game swiftly died though, so that's a big oof.

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I love DBD and the horror movie style it's got going for it. Big horror fan. I like sci-fi too, but in comparison it's really blah. We already have a million sci-fi shooters, the only thing it has to separate itself is the asymmetrical gameplay--which is cool, but not enough to justify an early access $30 purchase. Last time I bought something in early access it was Paragon, and everybody knows how that turned out. I have no love for that business model, and I'll have to vote with my wallet on this one.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options
    switch said:

The game is fun has potential but they forced the release and that cucked them imo.

I agree, I was saying this the whole time.
  • Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,359
    Options
    Not sure why they started a new a project when the current one has all the issues it has and lacks dedicated servers. But let's make a new game with dedicated servers :). Personally to me death garden looks like a clone of this game but with guns but I also know very little about it but I don't need another game similar to dead by daylight. This one frustrates me enough with stupid broken pallets being broken because of hitboxes and lag. Dedicated servers may have fixed that but instead of doing that they made a new game with dedicated servers that not a lot of people are even playing and that peak doesn't look very good either. Enough said I'm ranting and sort of ragging on bvhr but I love this game I just want it to work properly, get dedicated servers, and be the king of survival horror games.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    @Countfunkular Death Garden is unfortunately a Dead by Daylight clone. I tried it during the short free period and it was decent but it had several flaws. 

The primary flaw for myself, anyway, was that it was an almost blatant copy of Dead by Daylight. A group of 4 (+1) weak runners (survivors) have to escape the Death Garden (Entity's Trials) by using coordination to complete the objective.

Gameplay-wise the Runners (survivors) are locked in third person while the Hunter (Killer) is mostly confined to first person (there are emotes for brief 3rd person). After enough runners are downed the Hunter can execute (sacrifice) them at the Bloodpost (hook). By the way the "Death Garden" is randomly generated, like the Entity's trials.

Overall it was just a shameless copy except in the following regard:

All players had to gather upgrade parts for their abilities to increase their effectiveness.  This, and the fact that there were 2 objective varieties are the only content differences. Sure, there was also a hub/lobby you could walk around in, but that was due to the wasted dedicated servers that Dbd lacks (and needs).

It was a decent game in my eyes as I am a Dbd fan. However, I prefer the source material and the lower cost.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    switch said:

To add to this I also feel the general theme isn't as appealing to players. This sort of sci-fi prisoner fight thing just isn't as fun as DBD "horror" theme. The game is fun but not fun enough to draw new players to buy it at full price.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    switch said:

To add to this I also feel the general theme isn't as appealing to players. This sort of sci-fi prisoner fight thing just isn't as fun as DBD "horror" theme. The game is fun but not fun enough to draw new players to buy it at full price.

Maybe they should make it free to play and just sell the cosmetics?
  • jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200
    Options

Wasted money, they could've improve their Main game so much, but naw

• Peasant
    Options

BHVR: ", Sure Dead by Daylight has a large player base. . .

. . . but it's not new and therefore cannot be "hip" or "the next big thing".

• BigAsh123
    BigAsh123 Member Posts: 22
    Options

Never liked it in beta, called it back then that it'd flop, and it has. I don't Like seeing games fail, but I must admit I did enjoy seeing the steam charts being so low. Rip DG, never even started IMO.

• Peasant
    Options

Death Garden