Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

HELP PLS FPS capped at 60 even with a monitor overclocked

Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

In the game I even deactivated the auto adjustment, and I just heard a friend of mine that told me that has always been possible ( after my 1600hrs) changing my game files.

What can I do to have a better experience? is the streched resolution considered cheating? tell me all.

Can I get banned for this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Leonardo1ita

Guys pls, I can't stand 60 fps anymore

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

The game is locked to 60 FPS by default as you've noticed. It doesn't matter if your monitor is overclocked or not. Apparently you can remove the 60 FPS cap by messing with your game files, as your friend said, but I've also heard that messing with your game files does put you at risk for a ban.

As far as I know stretched resolution is frowned upon, but I wouldn't call it cheating. It definitely does give you an advantage, anyway.

• Leonardo1ita

It would be great to have an official answer by one of the devs or community menagers, maybe @PatBrutal , @Peanits , @not_Queen , @Almo or @McLean

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124
    edited August 2020

The game is locked at 60 fps. If you want to change it you can go to the files and make some changes. You will not get banned for that as far as I know, because it doesnt actually change anything more than how you see it. I have uncapped my fps for 4 years so far. I have seen a lot of people with stretched res, so I dont think that is a problem at all. Streamers and Youtubers use that weird wide res a lot.

One thing, is that im pretty sure the game every patch will revert it to the 60 fps cap, so you will have to go back again and change it.

• Leonardo1ita