Broken hit

Options

Why not behave so fast for broken hitbox when you can respond quickly to events that will not cause trouble even if the game is not intervened.It's too much bullshit to take 3 steps after jumping out the window and eat damage.Sometimes these damages are as far away as 10 steps.Damages dealt after the damage animation ends.I don't want to hear the word ping because I don't have a ping.Find a solution now

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I don't want to hear the word ping because I don't have a ping.

Alright. Latency.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Hahaha XD

In response to the OP, latency is ridiculous in this game. But don't hold your breath about a fix coming lol

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Well, you do have a point about how DbD deals with damage. Damage is dealt after the lunge animation ends.

Preferably, I would like an animation be designed specifically for successful hits through windows, but I realize this post is more about the issue of how health states are dealt with in DbD, and that isn't going to be dealt with any time soon.

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

Deals damage during animation, not after animation ends.And that's not what I'm talking about.The animation I mentioned is over and the killer pulls his gun towards himself and I take damage.

As seen in the 25th second of this video, the killer looks more delayed as well.The game operations that I understand from here do not work on their servers, but on the killer's computer, they do this work.This puts the killer in a very advantageous position and explains the reason for the lagged hits.Transmitting the survivor's information to the killer and processing it means 2 times the delay and disrupt the game's operation

• Kind_Lemon
    Options

two things:

1. For m1 hits, the damage is dealt simultaneously/after the lunge animation finishes. The reason it's simultaneously/after and not during is because then multiple survivors could get hit by the same attack with enough lag (case in point even though it's not an M1 were Huntress' hatchets on the first dedicated server PTBs, and you should go see those). This effect can cause lunges to end early, however, and not deal damage if aim dressing moves the lunge in a way to no longer be able to secure a hit.
    2. In the clip you show, the hitbox is just as bad on both sides. With Hillbilly, his hitbox is unnecessarily large due to the devs not being able to stop the side effects of the thing described above (i.e. "ghost" chainsaws where the sprint ends without letting go of the power button and without hitting anything). The ONLY reason it looks okay on Otz's screen is that Hillbilly's camera is around a solid meter in front of his body when sprinting as of the time of that clip. Otz unfortunately turns away from the survivor as he is downed and doesn't show how the camera moves back during the cooldown animation. It's the reason Hillbilly can see through walls when he starts his chainsaw cooldown.

Also, I am supporting you in that this shouldn't be the state of things, and I would love an update as to how hits are calculated rather than just adding server verification for hits.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

if you don't have a ping you don't have a connection to the server. riddle me that.

• Psykoala
    Psykoala Member Posts: 36
    Options

As a Huntress Main, I also noticed that the hitbox of Survs is not exactly on their visible body, but more like a standing box. Even when survs are running, the hitbox seems to remain a standing one, which is why hatchets will hit them clearly behind their back, but will go through them while running on the face without landing a hit.

On both sides, this sometimes looks and feels really stupid. I wish they'd put more work into that.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited August 2020
    Options

As others have mentioned hitboxes and model animations don't match in this game. Injured survivors have the same hitbox as a healthy survivor, a killer with a knife has the same hitbox as a killer with a sword for example. Ever since dedicated servers, Dbd also has movement extrapolarisation, where the game attempts to predict where the player will go, so their model is not shown where they actually are.

This ontop of bad server infrastructure and netcode can lead to some strange looking hits or not-hits. Its something the developers need to work on.

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

Once I ate a hunter's ax while leaning on the back of the tires and I was safe even standing.

• Kind_Lemon
    Options

survivor hitbox is a sausage. Hatchet hitbox is a sphere. Lag also happens.