Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is your favorite underrated perk? (Killer or Survivor)

JHondo
JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I'm curious as to what y'all's favorite underrated perks are and why?

For killer for me it's Hex: The Third Seal because of how much panic and pressure it causes before being cleansed.

For Survivor it's Pebble, I mean Diversion, because of the memes and because of how often it will actually confuse killers.

Comments

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

for killer i use all meta perks so i dont know.

as survivor sometimes i use quick and quiet.

• JHondo

To be fair, what's meta on some Killers can be really underrated or completely useless on others lol

Q&Q is a fun one, I like to throw it on a vaulting build with Lithe, Spine Chill, and Dance With Me. Usually once killers find out what I'm doing they adjust and wrek my life lol

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Open Handed. It's awesome.

• KiloOfSalt
    KiloOfSalt Member Posts: 91

Breakdown for Survivor and GearHead/ I'm All Ears for Killer

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

As killer, I really enjoy discordance. Not sure if that’s not meta but I don’t really ever see that used a lot

for survivor I love well make it and apothecary (or whatever the quick chest search) with ace in the hole.

• JHondo

I see Disco used by a lot of high mobility killers but I'd still consider it underrated. It gives a lot of info, especially if you have one hooked and are chasing another, then you know where all 4 Survivors are.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

Not really. meta is meta wich means those perks are not underrated by any mean, doesnt matter if arent good on certain killer since there is not an universal build. but if it were would be something like Pop, corrupt (both are amazing on every single killer because those slow down aearly and mid and late the game due pop), Thrilling tremors and i dont know something else like save the best for last wich is good on pretty much every single killer aswll since fast recovery is always good to have. (nurse spirit and huntress probably someone else are the exception)

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

For Survivor? Leader. I had games where those extra speed made the difference for cleansing a hex totem or opening an exit gate.

For Killer? Make your Choice. It comes with a DS-Timer and the unhooker somehow vanishes for a minute.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

For the killer - Mad Grit, which is incredibly fun with Agitation/Iron Grasp combo. I also like Iron Maiden on Huntress and Territorial Imperative on Demogorgon. And Fire Up is much fun too.

For the survivor - I really like Autodidact, it's really cool if you get 3-4 stacks from the first heal and then proceed to almost instaheal people with skillchecks. Stake Up is also one of my favourite low-tier perks, it's just nice to get 100% perfect skillchecks for just being in killer's TR. I also like just fooling around by making builds with only perks that are mostly useless. Ranks don't matter anyways lul

• JHondo

I dunno, to me Nurse's Calling is meta for Huntress, Death Slinger, Nurse, and Pyramid Head but overall kinda meh on a lot of other killers. Or Unrelenting is great on Hag for her teleports but pretty pointless on most other killers.

Yes there are those that are meta for all killers like Pop, Sloppy, Thana, Corrupt (which to me is kinda overrated) and BBQ but there's plenty of killer perks that are meta for specific killers and not killers as a whole. I guess I consider it two ways, as something killer specific like "almost every Huntress runs Nurse's" so it's meta on Huntress but not meta for all, and meta for all like "Pop is good on every killer." If that makes any sense lol

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I'm All Ears on PH, wallhacks with a range attack that goes through walls

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

I don't know how many "underrated" perks are actually in the game, because a lot of the "underrated" perks are actually just garbage perks like Thanat.

On Killer, I run Shadowborn on more than Nurse. It's not underrated though I guess, it does what it says. (Makes you less motion sick from awful default FOV)

Survivor perk I really love is probably Solidarity. It doesn't save you much time, it hardly ever does anything but I like the concept enough.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

Definitely lithe.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413

Agitation: Sex dungeon recruitment tool.

Brutal Strength: Eat more wood than any beaver ever could.

Franklin's Demise: Don't worry, there's always next year.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2020

Survivor: Empathy. By far the most under utilized perk. Knowing where there's an injured survivor is knowing where the killer is without giving up your position like OoO. It also allows you to swoop in an take a team hit if needed.

Survivor (Solo Q only): Kindred. This perk usually gets survivors to actually be productive when you are on the hook.

Killer: Dark Devotion. Specifically on Hag. It creates a lot of great confusion where you can tell you created some real scares for people.

• Timeman63
    Timeman63 Member Posts: 185

Survivor: Stake Out and Aftercare. For Stake Out especially, I prefer a stealthy playstyle, and Stake Out rewards me for being successful in that. I will always stand by it.

Killer: There are so many I could put here, but the one I always come back to is Surveillance. It's an incredibly good information tool that isn't immediately obvious to survivors.

• Azterikk
    Azterikk Member Posts: 76

small game for survivor, i've heard ppl say before that detective's hunch does the job better so i tried it out for a little bit but just ended up going back to small game >_<

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Camaraderie best perk to give your team the most time to do objectives or come in for a last minute bt save when being camped

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Survivor: detective's hunch and inner strength. These two perks are so fun and help me knock out totems, hexes and NOED whilst giving me free pocket heals. These perks are a lot of fun on their own as well. Honourable mention: diversion.

Killer: Dark devotion. Part of my hag build a lot, nobody expects a perk like dark devotion and always allows me to pressure survivors and get grabs.

• KrazyKatFTW
    KrazyKatFTW Member Posts: 203

I have been really liking the survivor perk "Dance with me" its so good at helping you give the killer the slip

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

I use Quick 'n Quiet + Lithe + Dance With Me to vault silently into a sprint leaving no scratch marks for 3 seconds. 3 perks which by themselves are probably not meta but combined are incredibly strong.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Botany Knowledge

Find (or bring) a Yellow Medkit and have fun.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I love using Lightweight and Windows of Opportunity! Out of those two, I'd say that WoO is more useful, but Lightweight has been a favorite of mine since the beginning 😊

For Killer, I'd say that Make Your Choice is one of my favorite perks. I get good use out of it on many Killers since I don't camp, but I'll definitely return to the hook if I have nothing better to do! Monitor and Abuse is also fun to use!

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

we'll make it is criminally underrated as a survivor perk

hex:haunted grounds on trapper is amazing especially when you trap it and they choose to stick the cleanse right up until you body body them and get the insta down it just feels good

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I'm All Ears. It is so good. Probably my favourite chasing perk in DBD.

For survivor, Open Handed. You can pretend that an extra 8m aura reading is worthless, but pair it with Kindred or Bond and you nearly double their effective area.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

oh yes stacking disarm time is the best. put it in obvious spots and force them to waste time while you get easy downs with all the good loops blocked

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited August 2020

Killer: I've actually been liking Trail of Torment a lot. Some people might say its worthless since it is a stealth perk that announces its presence... but the way I use it... that's part of the mind game. I run it and Thanatophobia on Legion... and... let's just say those perks make Survivors really not want to stay injured but Feral Frenzy makes it so them healing a giant waste of time.

Survivor: For the People. It isn't meta. It arguably isn't even good... but it's fun. It's crazy fun. A For the People save is one of the most satisfying things I've ever run across on the Survivor side.