This game is awesome and I have some questions

Hey I'm a relative newcomer to DBD (been playing about a month now) and I just want to say that this game is really great. I've been playing online games for years now (MMOs, MOBAs, FPS) and I've never played anything quite like this. I was bored and was looking through my games list and thought 'well maybe I'll get a couple hours of entertainment out of this serial killer game I got for free in some bundle or whatever at some point.' It seemed to me like a party game, or a game you definitely wouldn't want to play solo.

After doing the tutorials, I que'd up for my first game as Claudette with 1 perk (self-care, obv). Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the killer (gunslinger) was a genuinely panicking experience and I died pretty much instantly. Saw the killer again and died again. I thought the game was mainly about hiding from the killer because once he saw you there was pretty much nothing you could do. So I spent a ton of time in lockers and crouched in bushes in between short periods of holding M1 until I heard a heartbeat and then back in the locker. Game was amusing but seemed a bit boring and shallow. Basically a hide-and-seek simulator.

Eventually I learned that you could actually run the killer around for a long time if you were good enough and the game kind of opened up to me. Started watching youtube videos and twitch streams and playing more and seeing myself get better and better. I even started playing killer a little bit, which is also really awesome. The game has so much more depth than appears on the surface and I'm constantly looking forward to the next killer or perk im going to try. I'm officially addicted.

Anyway, I see nothing but negative stuff on these forums so I just wanted to inject some positivity. The devs have taken a kind of novelty concept and turned it into something incredibly deep and rewarding and addictive. My friends are genuinely baffled that I'm blowing off playing DOTA to play my silly serial killer game. I'm working on getting them to try it I'm sure they will eventually.

With all that out of the way I have a few questions and didn't want to make 2 threads so here goes:

1. Is it worth it to learn bad teachable perks on killers? I don't want more bad perks showing up in all my bloodwebs from now on but I'm finding it very difficult to actually get the perks I want on killers I want to play since their bad teachables show up every single level and really limit my options.
  2. Is it terrible to facecamp the hook once the exit gates are powered? I don't want to be a camper but at the same time there's really nothing else to do. Running towards an exit gate or something just guarantees the hooked person gets rescued and I get nothing. I've gotten a lot of flak for it post-game.
  3. I'm trying to wean myself off of self-care by taking medkits into my games. Is it bad to only want to use the medkit on myself? The brown ones only have one use so I usually heal teammates without it so I have it for myself later.
  4. What's the best strategy for securing a 4k with a low mobility killer like clown? It seems once you kill the next-to-last guy it's a 50/50 for the hatch and then another 50/50 for hoping the exit gates arent far enough apart that they have time to open the gate and leave in the time it takes to run to the other one and back. I could slug the next to last guy I guess but that feels bad and if I don't have any idea where the last guy is then he'll probably get him up while im off wandering around the map.