Perk Tiers: To stay or to go?

Hello everyone!

I want to know the general community consensus regarding the possible removal of perk tiers, and whether or not you think it'd benefit the game or not. I heard the idea tossed around a little, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the general opinion, so let's hear your opinion! Are perk tiers here to stay, or do you think they need the boot?

Comments

• ReaperTech
    ReaperTech Member Posts: 49

I just hate looking for a perk and all of the sudden I have to use BP to buy the same perk over and over with barely any change. I’d be happy if they left as long as they keep the tier 3 version as the base perk.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

Perk tiers offer no real value to the game, never has. They are only flooding the bloodweb forcing people to spend more time playing the game to grind for tier 3 perks for each character. That triples the amount of work for each character in the game, but offers no value for the time nor the bloodpoints spent.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Get rid of perk tiers.

ALL they do is give a false sense or replay-ability to the game, or at least, that's what BHVR wants.

Really what they do is make the grind so ridiculous that the game is flat out inaccessible to new players from a time investment standpoint.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Perk tiers need to go. The grind is already insane, and it's one of the simplest solutions to cutting it back without redoing the whole system.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Tiers are boring and unnecessary grind. Devs can keep the grind, but for cosmetics. They can add different colours in bloodweb for all default cosmetics and/or owned shop cosmetics. Internet say that there are 10 milling different colours, but devs can add at least 7 rainbow colours. :^) For expensive shop cosmetics devs can change hue (ez) to keep the expensive look. In bloodweb the new colours can look like a paintbrush or spay can. Free ideas, just use them. x)

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Here are quick hue shifts. Took me like 5min. Just by changing hue I created 6 completely different colours. 6 can be multiplied by 2, if you change saturation, too. Thats 12 different cosmetics. ( ° ͜ʖ °)

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Too many teachable, too many perks. Just remove these dumb tiers, please.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Tier should stay, but qualitiy (rare/super-rare etc) should go.