Game becoming unfun.

Rank 4 Killer, can barely find ######### anyone.
Rank 9 Survivor, finding a ######### ton of 300+ lobbies, getting dodged, gone against unfair matchmaking or gone against a hacker.
Looping pallets is getting repetitive. Devs need to add more things than just windows or pallets.
Ruin doesn't last more than a minute because of 10/10 game design.
Blood Lodge exists.
Devs added slow quick vaults when coming in from angles to a window. Haven't added them to pallets yet.
Obnoxious loop spots.
Freddy's lunge range.

Comments

• Valtiel_Redfang
    Valtiel_Redfang Member Posts: 29

@Tsulan said:
    Freddy´s lunge range? What´s wrong with him??

If I had a diamond for everytime I was vaulting a pallet and I was already on the other ######### side but that #########'ead still manages to hit over it and get me

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Valtiel_Redfang said:

@Tsulan said:

If I had a diamond for everytime I was vaulting a pallet and I was already on the other [BAD WORD] side but that [BAD WORD]'ead still manages to hit over it and get me

all 115% MS killers have the same lunge
    and after the 2.20 patch all killers will have the same lunge

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

@Tsulan said:

If I had a diamond for everytime I was vaulting a pallet and I was already on the other [BAD WORD] side but that [BAD WORD]'ead still manages to hit over it and get me

That’s just because Freddy is a small character model. His lunge range is the same as all other Killers that move at 115% movement speed. It’s not really different, just deceptive because you think he’s out of range because the distance you are from him would be too far for other Killer’s visually, but in terms of mechanics, he’s close enough.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Rank 4 Killer, can barely find [BAD WORD] anyone.
    Rank 9 Survivor, finding a ######### ton of 300+ lobbies, getting dodged, gone against unfair matchmaking or gone against a hacker.
    Looping pallets is getting repetitive. Devs need to add more things than just windows or pallets.
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Devs added slow quick vaults when coming in from angles to a window. Haven't added them to pallets yet.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

In some regions/timezones queuetimes in high ranks are really tough, you can derank to avoid that.
    If you dont play SWF, use no items, no toxicity in name, no twitchtv/yt in name, then you should be good to go. I find lobbies instantly as survivors and the killer only sometime dodges because of my mates

Wait, you dont consider runing in circles fun? :wink:
    Slow vaults for pallets would be indeed interesting
    Freddys lunge range is the same as every 115% killer even though it looks larger because freddy is so smal

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

My issue is how the devs are forcing killers and survivors to play to rank up. Why the hell should I depip doing 4 gens and escaping while 2 other survivors rank up from farming hooked survivors and doing nothing else, to me that's just dumb since you're rewarded for playing bad and not focusing on objectives and winning.

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

All games become unfun at some point, but DBD is a special case with nothing to do but staying in one place for 80 seconds hitting 2-3 skill checks, then what? Run around some pallets, gate's powered and that's it, same goes for killers, they need to step up their content

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

Clown is a good counter to loopers.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@jiminie said:
    All games become unfun at some point, but DBD is a special case with nothing to do but staying in one place for 80 seconds hitting 2-3 skill checks, then what? Run around some pallets, gate's powered and that's it, same goes for killers, they need to step up their content

I am not sure about that. Dbd has a very devout community and people really play this game.

There are 12 killers with more than 20 maps. Every game feels different for me.

The only time it is boring when the killer is gen rushed. They really need to find a solution for that.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

So is huntress if you have the aim
  • Delfador

@HellDescent said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

Most probably he says that as a survivor though. He can't choose to face clowns. It is up to the killer whether he will use clown or another killer.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

This game is FUN for people on rank 20. In high ranks is UNFUN. If you wanna play for fun, dont rank choose any killer or any surv and be free.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Delfador said:

@HellDescent said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

Most probably he says that as a survivor though. He can't choose to face clowns. It is up to the killer whether he will use clown or another killer.

FYI I mostly play killer. You can always take bamboozle with any killer. Nurse, hag, doctor , trapper can all counter looping as well. But this loop needs to be reworked

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@HellDescent said:

@Delfador said:

@HellDescent said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

FYI I mostly play killer. You can always take bamboozle with any killer. Nurse, hag, doctor , trapper can all counter looping as well. But this loop needs to be reworked

A YouTuber I watch played this game in the beta and for a while after its release. In one of his videos, he had a match where he killed 3, and the last one decided to loop him at this spot for over 30 minutes. He made sure to include the entire 30 minutes in his video. He ended up giving up to look for the hatch, but once he found it, he was going to go back for Meg, but she went around him and found the hatch immediately. He ended up not playing anymore when the game kept crashing every time he put someone on the hook.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Actually, I don't know if it was this exact spot, put probably same realm, the cow tree has a 180 degree semicircle wall with 2 vault areas on either side of the tree.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

I buy a horror game...not a racing game, is boring for me too.

• Delfador

@HellDescent said:

@Delfador said:

@HellDescent said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

I think you misunderstood me. What I meant by that was that the OP says the looping is boring not only for the killers but for the survivors as well. Most probably he wants other means to escape from the killer, like tools that he can use to hide just like lockers etc.

Yes bamboozle and some of the killers you mentioned can counter looping but as a survivor I can't choose to face these killers. It is up to the killers whether they want to use certain perks or killers. We need different ways of juking.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

@Tsulan said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:

@Tsulan said:

ALL lunge ranges are the same. Freddy has exactly the same lunge as Billy or the Trapper.
    The only exception is Myers in EW 1. He has a shorter lunge. But EW 2 and 3 are the same as every other killer.

Right on all but one thing. EW3 has a longer lunge.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:

@Tsulan said:

ALL lunge ranges are the same. Freddy has exactly the same lunge as Billy or the Trapper.
    The only exception is Myers in EW 1. He has a shorter lunge. But EW 2 and 3 are the same as every other killer.

Right on all but one thing. EW3 has a longer lunge.

My bad!
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

@Usui said:
    Imagine a game so boring you fly to it's personal website forums to complain about how boring it is instead of just playing something else or uninstalling it.

This is so true.
    This is the reason i stopped on PS4.

• SovererignKing

@Delfador said:

@HellDescent said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

Remember when this was an infinite. Tru3Ta1ent ended up having a 20 minute run around with a Claudette that wouldn’t leave and he ended up playing he Benny Hill song as he chased her around in circles for 20 minutes.
  • SovererignKing
    Usui said:

Imagine a game so boring you fly to it's personal website forums to complain about how boring it is instead of just playing something else or uninstalling it.

Guess people aren’t allowed to voice their opinion about how the game’s mechanics have gotten a bit stale. 
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Tsulan said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:

@Tsulan said:

I play freddy mostly and his lunge has higher range due to a smaller weapon
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Valtiel_Redfang said:
    Blood Lodge exists.
    Obnoxious loop spots.
    Freddy's lunge range.

Maybe take a break for a few weeks or a couple of months.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Tsulan said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:

@Tsulan said:

Minor correction, EW3's lunge range is actually longer than every other killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:

@Valtiel_Redfang said:

@Tsulan said:

Minor correction, EW3's lunge range is actually longer than every other killer.

Yes, my bad! I thought it was the same.