The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Cant find survivors

Melomanas
Melomanas Member Posts: 12
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Hi, i have a problem that have been on for a long time, i can easily find a match as a survivor in a matter of seconds, but when i choose to play as a killer none of the survivors join my game, one time i have waited for 30min none of them have joined. It looks like survivors cant even find my game. My rank is 20 bec i came back to this game after a long time.

Comments

• Salticidae
    Salticidae Member Posts: 6

I play only as killer, even at lowest rank, survivors fill up my lobby in about 5-10 seconds. you may have a problem on your end.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

There are no players anymore at the ranks 20-15 because you cant derank that far.
    ONce you rank up a bit, the situation willg et better

• Melomanas

@Master said:
    There are no players anymore at the ranks 20-15 because you cant derank that far.

Thats a lie or a joke :D bec my survivor right now is rank 18 and when i played today all other survivors were also that low rank

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

I have the same issue, I primarily play Survivor, but whenever I try to play killer, no one joins the lobby. I am Rank 20 because I rarely play killer. I am trying to get all of the "Adept ---" achievements, and I have Trapper and Wraith both at least to Level 10, and slowly leveling up the rest. I usually only play for about an hour at a time. During the BBQ Event, it would take nearly 10 minutes for a lobby to fill up and have them stick around. It probably doesn't help that I play normally in the middle of the night (in one of the last time zones in the world), but I still can find a lobby easy, and I vary between Rank 14-15. I have seen people step into the lobby, so I know there are players there.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    My advice is to try playing between 6.00 P.M. EST and 6:00 P.M EST, @Melomanas. Between those times I have the shortest queue times.
  • Master

@Melomanas said:

@Master said:

Thats a lie or a joke :D bec my survivor right now is rank 18 and when i played today all other survivors were also that low rank

Its not a joke, try intentionally losing the game, you will notice that you dont lose any pip

• Melomanas

@Master said:

@Melomanas said:

@Master said:

Its not a joke, try intentionally losing the game, you will notice that you dont lose any pip

So you say once you reach rank 15 you WONT be able to go lower? So how the hell should i rank up if im not able to play ANY match with a killer

• Melomanas

@Peasant said:
    My advice is to try playing between 6.00 P.M. EST and 6:00 P.M EST, @Melomanas. Between those times I have the shortest queue times.

Yeah thats a bit difficult, 6pm est for me is 1am

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Melomanas said:
    So you say once you reach rank 15 you WONT be able to go lower? So how the hell should i rank up if im not able to play ANY match with a killer

We know.

Nothing we can do about it sadly.

• Melomanas

But i still dont get, when i play as survivor all other survivors are almost the same rank as me, and the killer is also the same, so when i try a killer where are all those survivors that i have just played with? I cant believe that my lobby is some sort of special that they cant find, by the look they can find other killer lobbys but mine dont.

• Master

@Melomanas said:

@Master said:

@Melomanas said:

@Master said:

You have to wait until you find a match and then do your best to double pip.
    Yeah it sucks, and I dont know why the devs came up with this idea, but this is how it is. Sorry dude

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Melomanas said:
    But i still dont get, when i play as survivor all other survivors are almost the same rank as me, and the killer is also the same, so when i try a killer where are all those survivors that i have just played with? I cant believe that my lobby is some sort of special that they cant find, by the look they can find other killer lobbys but mine dont.

Maybe their lobby also took a long time to fill. Did you ever think about that?

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Quite the contrary for me. When I play as survivor its about a half hour in queue and to top it off there's possibly a killer disconnecting the moment you enter their lobby, then I gotta wait to get the next Billy running NOED while using McDonald's wifi..not fun, not fun at all.
  • Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

At what times are you playing the game?

I usually don't manage to get a match or luckly i get SWF since 04:00 AM to 09:00 AM

• KingOfPawns
    KingOfPawns Member Posts: 4

I am having this issue right now... i have played on ps4 and i'm a rank 1 survivor... i got the game for PC as well recently... i got my survivor rank to 14 with some casual play. I tried to play the killer for the first time now and i cant get a game, its still sitting in lobby as im typing this. it is 2:48pm cst Tuesday afternoon which is well within peak hours... this needs to be addressed.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Melomanas said:
    Hi, i have a problem that have been on for a long time, i can easily find a match as a survivor in a matter of seconds, but when i choose to play as a killer none of the survivors join my game, one time i have waited for 30min none of them have joined. It looks like survivors cant even find my game. My rank is 20 bec i came back to this game after a long time.

Low rank queues are terrible right now, rank up a bit and it will become better

• pureleeawesome
    pureleeawesome Member Posts: 30

Some things that may help are playing right after the rank resets/when there are events on. From the sound of it there may also be something wrong with your lobby though.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@Melomanas said:

That's because nobody wants to play survivor on low ranks. Everybody wants to be killer since it's easier.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

@Peasant said:

But the chance of SWF teams increases too around that time, not sure which of the two is worse D:

• Peasant

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

But the chance of SWF teams increases too around that time, not sure which of the two is worse D:

It's better to face SWFs than to face no survivors at all.

• JoannaVO

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

It's better to face SWFs than to face no survivors at all.

Not really, not for me atleast.. Many SWF I face are strong and optimal and I'm not skilled enough as killer to go against those, and it takes away the ''fun'' part of playing killer for me.

• Peasant

@JoannaVO Judging from your transition from a Claudette profile picture to a Hag icon I take it you've become a Hag main?

• JoannaVO

@Peasant said:
    @JoannaVO Judging from your transition from a Claudette profile picture to a Hag icon I take it you've become a Hag main?

The hours I find to play this game I do tempt to play killer more often (and thus Hag) yes. After 1,000 hours of survivor it gets quite boring to just find myself in that side.

• Peasant

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

The hours I find to play this game I do tempt to play killer more often (and thus Hag) yes. After 1,000 hours of the survivor, it gets quite boring to just find me in that side.

Well if you ever get a little tired of Hag and are lucky enough to get the Mine or Warehouse levels of the Macmillan Estate you can just place all of your traps around the mine or warehouse generator and know that you've nearly given some poor bloke a heart attack. In fact, when the Warehouse has the basement I find it VERY helpful to fill the entire warehouse with traps just for fun.

• JoannaVO

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

The hours I find to play this game I do tempt to play killer more often (and thus Hag) yes. After 1,000 hours of the survivor, it gets quite boring to just find me in that side.

Well if you ever get a little tired of Hag and are lucky enough to get the Mine or Warehouse levels of the Macmillan Estate you can just place all of your traps around the mine or warehouse generator and know that you've nearly given some poor bloke a heart attack. In fact, when the Warehouse has the basement I find it VERY helpful to fill the entire warehouse with traps just for fun.

Oh yes, I've had the mine once and since I always use Thrill of the Hunt and Ruin together, I had two totem spawns that were literally next to each other, on the side of the mine, and I had my basement there too. Just put all the traps there, barely had to do anything and the 4k pretty much walked in my hands.

• Peasant

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

Oh yes, I've had the mine once and since I always use Thrill of the Hunt and Ruin together, I had two totem spawns that were literally next to each other, on the side of the mine, and I had my basement there too. Just put all the traps there, barely had to do anything and the 4k pretty much walked in my hands.

When I was grinding for the "Triggered" achievement I literally spammed traps in the alcove with the generator. It was quiet almost all game. Once they got to the 2 Generators left part of the match though someone unleashed Ragnarok. I then did the same thing to a harvester Generator on Coldwind Farm and I actually traumatized some poor Meg.

• Peasant

Still, think I need even punishment though. D a r n.

• JoannaVO

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

When I was grinding for the "Triggered" achievement I literally spammed traps in the alcove with the generator. It was quiet almost all game. Once they got to the 2 Generators left part of the match though someone unleashed Ragnarok. I then did the same thing to a harvester Generator on Coldwind Farm and I actually traumatized some poor Meg.

Lol I always put a lot of traps near generators when I have this add-on that does not spawn a Phantasm when the trap gets triggered and it's sometimes hilarious when somebody gets on a generator and just gets grabbed off out of nowhere. I definetly have the most fun with Hag

• Peasant
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

Lol I always put a lot of traps near generators when I have this add-on that does not spawn a Phantasm when the trap gets triggered and it's sometimes hilarious when somebody gets on a generator and just gets grabbed off out of nowhere. I definetly have the most fun with Hag

I just want to trap the heck out of one generator and record the trap activation. Maybe edit in some funny music as 4 hags stand up and stare down the tresspasser.