Wraith should not be able to close the hatch while cloaked, and still remain cloaked.

Options

As title. I do not believe it is fair that wraiths can use the close hatch interaction while cloaked, and remain cloaked.

You're in a 1 v 1 situation, the odds are already stacked against you. It's already highly improbably for you to open an exit gate. The survivor scours through the map finally sees the hatch, runs up to it, and just at the last second M1 didn't work.. what?! why? I was confused and surprised for about half a second before I even saw the hatch close probably because latency still favors killer, which caught me further surprised and dumbfounded until a full second later, the flicker animation shows up for Wraith.

With any other killer, the last survivor can reasonably realize and avoid the killer if he had already found the hatch first and is camping there. I don't mind that Wraith gets to camp there cloaked, but he really should be required to decloak first before closing the hatch. Waiting for the literal last second to close the hatch serve no purpose other than to enable griefing and post-game toxicity from said wraith.

Comments

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    Options

A Wraith nerf? Why not? He is overpowered.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

maybe dont be near the hatch? and be near the exit door?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I disagree, Wraith can do all the other non-attack actions while cloaked (i.e. kick gens and pallets, do vaults, even open an Exit if he wants), there's no particular reason that closing the hatch needs to be treated differently than any of those other actions. Wraith having a slight advantage in a 1v1 hatch situation is perfectly fine.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

If you need to take hatch against a Wraith then you're doing something wrong. Wraith is doo-doo.

• Liddy
    Liddy Member Posts: 33
    Options

Going for the hatch against a Wraith is just stupid to begin with, you should know that he is much faster than you and will probably find it first. He's really weak in higher ranks so I really don't see a need to make him even worse.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Plus it’s fun to stand still on the hatch while cloaked.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2020
    Options

Waiting until the last second to close the Hatch is toxic? What? Sounds like you just don't want anything to be scary in this game at all. It's funny when you close the Hatch while cloaked and scary because it means he's going to kill you.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Somebody got the hatch closed in front of their face when they almost got it.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 275
    Options

I agree, honestly. That's like a killer taking you to the hatch and putting you 2 or 3 meters from it; just outside of the jump in range and then they grab you or stomp on the hatch before you make it. It's really nasty and it sucks.

However, I'll agree with the killer mains on one thing. If the wraith is camping that hatch, it sucks to suck just go to the exit gate and open that.

On the other hand, it's a total dick move just be camping the hatch and last second you close it dashing their Hope's. So I will agree he needs to decloak before doing anything like that otherwise its SERIOUSLY unfair but again. Your fault for not opening the exit gates or completing all generators lmao.

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69
    Options

>However, I'll agree with the killer mains on one thing. If the wraith is camping that hatch, it sucks to suck just go to the exit gate and open that.

This doesn't work if the exit gates aren't yet powered, and once you're the last survivor its highly unlikely you can pull that off even if you manage to set up the last 3 gens to be farthest possible apart because you won't see wraith's ripple until its too close. Jungle gyming the wraith as the lone survivor is not a recipe for gen completion.

>Your fault for not opening the exit gates or completing all generators lmao.

Its an assymetric game where the survivor side relies on their teammates. The final survivor is not at fault when the other 3 dies for one reason or another. It shouldn't be relevant but the new MMR with random mix of survivor ranking certainly hasn't been helping.