Lithe or Dead hard?

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Ever since the sprint burst nerf, It's became much worse then Lithe, Dead hard and Balanced landing. But I saw some posts where people said Lithe was superior to the old Sprint burst and I wondered whether It's better then the new meta exhaustion perk, Dead hard. I've tested both and have found Lithe infinitely better but I want to know what others think. With Dead Hard after 14 games, still couldn't see the use but one game with Lithe made me feel like Lithe was better. I am one of those survivors who gets chased for 3 gens and I've found Lithe to be fun. Although I do see how Dead hard is good.

Comments

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

As a killer main, I plan on picking up Lithe or Balanced Landing. I like Sprint Burst but I don't like how it automatically activates when you run. Lithe/BL seem like better exhaustion perks for bad/average/good players since you get distance from the killer and DH is really easy to bait out. I see so many people wasting their DH, they would have just been better off with any other exhaustion perk.

I'm not saying that I think DH sucks, I'm just saying advanced players are really good at looping and may prefer DH for whatever reason and any other mediocre survivor has no business running it. I personally think BL/Lithe are just all around better perks. This is just IMO and I suck at survivor though.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I've been using the Lithe + Dance with Me + Quick & Quiet + Lightweight to be a really, really fun combo. Ninja vanish! poof!

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

I'd say Lithe, especially if you pair it with perks like @Justicar suggested. Dead Hard seems to be too hit-and-miss of a perk. Several games I've been chased, where I pressed the button for Dead Hard and it did nothing. It's very useful when it works, but for me, a lot of times it doesn't trigger properly.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Dead hard is superior, gets you to pallets, windows, and lets you run over bear traps. Also helps against nurse or if you're at a straight run to the exit gate and if you haven't used the dead hard it for sure grabs some secure exits. 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Lithe - Buggy chase mechanics that might not even work when you need it.
    Dead Hard - requires timing and skill once you're injured.

I'd pick Dead Hard.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

LIthe is easier to use, dead hard is stronger.

Thats my opinion

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

Balanced Landing = 100% proc when you need it :D

• Poweas

Played a game with dead hard against a dopey Billy and used Dead hard. Sadly I didnt get to use it once. I wasn't getting hit in a 3 gen chase and when he hit me he wasn't able to catch up. Btw I'm rank 5 and he was too and downed my team in seconds. I think Lithe is better since with Dead hard isn't that good if you're good at chases. But I'll continue trying it for a few more games. Also trying Tenacity ^-^

• Poweas

I'm also a really good survivor on xbox. Btw

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    As killer I only see DH as a minor inconvenience, lithe has potential if mixed with other perks, and at it’s base it’s better that dh
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,960

@Justicar I'm playing around with the same build right now. I will swap out Lightweight for Pebbles though when the DLC is released, could be a good way to get a distraction going.

I've always preferred Lithe over SB personally, because I hate to just walk slowly around a map - Lithe is more controllable. I don't run Dead Hard because whilst I think it is a very strong perk in the right hands, those hands are not mine, I will forever be shouting "I should have pressed E" if I ran Dead Hard :blush:

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

To sort of extend on MandyTalk's comment Dead Hard is the more skillful perk.

Lets break it down like this:

Lith will grant you more distance from a killer if
    A: you can make a safe vault anyway
    B: you can afford to get hit.

Dead Hard will
    A: 90% of the time give you a whiffed attack worth of distance (unless you misstime or killer expects DH)
    B: Get you to a window/pallet safely along with a whiffed attack worth of distance
    C: Save you from a basement body block/hook farm (more so after the next patch)
    D: allow you to Dead Hard past a Trapper trap
    E: save you from a Nurse blink
    F: hop through a sandbaging teammate
    G: anything more creative than I can think of

So while Lithe offers far less planning its limited in uses over Dead Hard.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    I liked Lithe much better than Sprint burst even before the exhaustion nerf. Pair it with DWM, Q&Q and you can just disappear. I call it the hoodini.

Dead hard has it's applications and with proper usage, timing it can be devastating, turning what is an almost guaranteed down into safely reaching a pallet or window. That said it's pretty buggy in my experience.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The drawback to SB is that you need to walk everywhere when you are not in a chase, or be sure you can recover your exhaustion in time before you get into a chase. It's also the most basic of the perks and most killers expect it therefore they know how to counter it better.

DH is good to dodge a hit or recover from a mistake, but if a killer knows you have it the usefulness drops through the floor. The speed/distance you get from it makes it not worth using to actually get away from the killer, only to get away JUST a bit longer to make it to a pallet or window or something. I also requires you to be injured, which means it's worthless against one hits like chainsaws or anything Exposed.

BL suffers from being too specific a condition to trigger. Some maps have very little or nothing to fall from, and it becomes a wasted slot. The fact it lets you recover from a drop faster is ultimately what makes it useful, and the speed boost is more of an afterthought.

I use Lithe now because it's a lot more reliable. It only triggers when you vault during a chase, and can have the same effect as SB in that it helps you to actually lose the killer. It also means that you can run freely and it tends to be a surprise to killers. Plus even if they know you have it, there are few ways to counter it since you will be on the other side of a window/pallet when it procs. The major downside comes when you face off against a Trapper or Huntress, as they can make vaulting unsafe. Nurse too, but they need to time the blink just right to hit you as your feet land on the other side. Lithe takes more skill to use properly than SB but can potentially be more rewarding when used right.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

balanced lithe hard

• Poweas

@thesuicidefox said:
    The drawback to SB is that you need to walk everywhere when you are not in a chase, or be sure you can recover your exhaustion in time before you get into a chase. It's also the most basic of the perks and most killers expect it therefore they know how to counter it better.

DH is good to dodge a hit or recover from a mistake, but if a killer knows you have it the usefulness drops through the floor. The speed/distance you get from it makes it not worth using to actually get away from the killer, only to get away JUST a bit longer to make it to a pallet or window or something. I also requires you to be injured, which means it's worthless against one hits like chainsaws or anything Exposed.

BL suffers from being too specific a condition to trigger. Some maps have very little or nothing to fall from, and it becomes a wasted slot. The fact it lets you recover from a drop faster is ultimately what makes it useful, and the speed boost is more of an afterthought.

I use Lithe now because it's a lot more reliable. It only triggers when you vault during a chase, and can have the same effect as SB in that it helps you to actually lose the killer. It also means that you can run freely and it tends to be a surprise to killers. Plus even if they know you have it, there are few ways to counter it since you will be on the other side of a window/pallet when it procs. The major downside comes when you face off against a Trapper or Huntress, as they can make vaulting unsafe. Nurse too, but they need to time the blink just right to hit you as your feet land on the other side. Lithe takes more skill to use properly than SB but can potentially be more rewarding when used right.

Against Nurse and Huntress Lithe can still work tbh. If you bait the blink/hatchet then vault you should be ok. With Nurse you bait the blink, move back then move forward and she'll blink towards you then vault the killer. With Huntress pretend to vault but swerve last second. With Trapper go to window loops and Lithe is safe.

• Poweas

Vault the window not vault the killer

• Poweas

@MegaWaffle said:

Dead Hard will
    A: 90% of the time give you a whiffed attack worth of distance (unless you misstime or killer expects DH)
    B: Get you to a window/pallet safely along with a whiffed attack worth of distance

Hmmmmm. What if I were to use Lithe AND Dead hard. Right now my build is Tenacity, Dead hard, Self care and Iron will. If I replace Iron will for Lithe and try it for a game it might work tbh. Then I'll add it to my main build which is Calm spirit, Iron will, Lithe and Self care. It's a very versatile build and can hard counter Nurse badly works against Bubba, Billy and EW3 Myers, Pretty good against Huntress. If I replace Calm spirit for Lithe that could be a pretty cool combo.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Poweas said:

@MegaWaffle said:

Dead Hard will

Hmmmmm. What if I were to use Lithe AND Dead hard. Right now my build is Tenacity, Dead hard, Self care and Iron will. If I replace Iron will for Lithe and try it for a game it might work tbh. Then I'll add it to my main build which is Calm spirit, Iron will, Lithe and Self care. It's a very versatile build and can hard counter Nurse badly works against Bubba, Billy and EW3 Myers, Pretty good against Huntress. If I replace Calm spirit for Lithe that could be a pretty cool combo.

If you were to use both then you would have more options however you would also suffer from exhaustion after using either perk meaning you would never have the benefit of both at the same time. This set up could work but depending on your play-style you might get more use out of having 4 full perks rather than 3 with a 4th interchangeable for the match.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Dead hard as devs said suffers from the dbd online dedicated server latency. It doesnt bug, just latency.
  • TheMatrixAgent
    TheMatrixAgent Member Posts: 7
  • RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

I would choose DH just because I have the control over when to use it. If I'm looping at the killer shack but the window isn't optimal for gaining distance to me it's a waste of lithe or if there's some latency and I vault with lithe and get hit anyways I get a free sprint burst so again lithe was wasted. I feel like lithe is more circumstantial with prerequisites that I don't always meet. Idk maybe I'm just bad with lithe, but I just prefer to have the control of DH.