Offerings, Rage Quitting Killers, and Second Hooking Changes

I have three things that I'd love changed, and are certainly on my personal wish list!

1 - Offerings: So many times I've put on an escape cake, or party streamers, the offering gets used up and then something happens and the killer gets disconnected, before I even start the match my offering is completely used up and wasted. It'd be nice if there was a way for the game to not use it up, until the game fully loads up and is started.

2 - Rage Quiting Killers: The killer gets bloodpoints when someone rage quits. But why doesn't the survivor also get points if they quit? Killer can't catch anyone so they quit in the middle of the game, or when the last generator pops. Robbing all of the survivors of bloodpoints for escaping/opening the gate. Perhaps if the killer rage quits it should count as all survivors still alive escaping?

3 -The Second Hooking: I play primarily on the PS4, but I hate having to mash the X button while sitting on the hook, it's not fun, it's frustrating, it tires you out for no reason, and about 25% of the time it just decides to kill you for whatever reason despite you mashing x like a mad man. Perhaps, make it so you simply need to hold the action button down to keep yourself from being killed.

Anyways these are my wishes, that I'd love if they changed/added!

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I agree with 1 and 3 but 2 is currently impossible on a "host" connection. Until we get dedicated servers it can't be fixed.

To add to 3 it kills you sometimes because of input lag. This sucks and would be better (again) if we had dedicated servers.

• DoomBlackDragon
    DoomBlackDragon Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018

I am on MegaWaffle on this. Completely agree with 1 and 3. Yet Killers being the host do not always rage quit. Being a killer main. AKA the weaker of the two groups. I have only DC once and that was because I lost my internet. I stuck around the good matches and bad matches. This is coming from someone who is new to the game and well finds them self fighting players with better perks/items and a better ranking. Now I understand not everyone is going stick around with toxic survivors. Who do not stop tbagging and other unsportman like actions. So if a killer rage quits because the survivors are being toxic. Then that more on the survivors and not killer.

Not saying their are not killers who rage quit because they sucks. I understand that. Just saying from the games I have players. The survivors tend to quit because of bad players or they are just extremely toxic. Which I also seen this from other survivors as I was playing a survivor.

• MegaWaffle

@DoomBlackDragon said:
    I am on MegaWaffle on this. Completely agree with 1 and 3. Yet Killers being the host do not always rage quit. Being a killer main. AKA the weaker of the two groups. I have only DC once and that was because I lost my internet. I stuck around the good matches and bad matches. This is coming from someone who is new to the game and well finds them self fighting players with better perks/items and a better ranking. Now I understand not everyone is going stick around with toxic survivors. Who do not stop tbagging and other unsportman like actions. So if a killer rage quits because the survivors are being toxic. Then that more on the survivors and not killer.

Not saying their are not killers who rage quit because they sucks. I understand that. Just saying from the games I have players. The survivors tend to quit because of bad players or they are just extremely toxic. Which I also seen this from other survivors as I was playing a survivor.

I don't believe he/she is saying or pointing to Killers rage quitting. His/her point was that as a killer having a survivor rage or DC still gives BP but if a Killer rages or gets disconnected for whatever reason survivors lose all the BP from the match. This is simply because the Killer is the "host" connection and if for any reason they DC from the match all data that round is cut off and lost. If dedicated servers were "hosting" the match then this data would be saved and transferred to everyone allowing match progression to carry over.

Its not trying to blame Killers for anything but wanting a solution to the current "host" system we have.

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330
    edited September 2018

why is no one agreeing to 2 it makes sens the survivors alive should get a quitter bonus at the least same as killers, us killer mains want balance in the game but when a smart and logical suggestion that should already be part of the game comes up we don't acknowledge it. we can't cry for balance and when a survivor player makes a valid point not even notice it and expect the community to listen to use about our balancing issues, and if it is because of the killer dcing is they are the host then the way to balance this is not have a quitter bonus at all because it doesn't keep people from doing it which i would assume is why its there to try and prevent rage quitting.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BloodyNights said:
    I have three things that I'd love changed, and are certainly on my personal wish list!

1 - Offerings: So many times I've put on an escape cake, or party streamers, the offering gets used up and then something happens and the killer gets disconnected, before I even start the match my offering is completely used up and wasted. It'd be nice if there was a way for the game to not use it up, until the game fully loads up and is started.

2 - Rage Quiting Killers: The killer gets bloodpoints when someone rage quits. But why doesn't the survivor also get points if they quit? Killer can't catch anyone so they quit in the middle of the game, or when the last generator pops. Robbing all of the survivors of bloodpoints for escaping/opening the gate. Perhaps if the killer rage quits it should count as all survivors still alive escaping?

3 -The Second Hooking: I play primarily on the PS4, but I hate having to mash the X button while sitting on the hook, it's not fun, it's frustrating, it tires you out for no reason, and about 25% of the time it just decides to kill you for whatever reason despite you mashing x like a mad man. Perhaps, make it so you simply need to hold the action button down to keep yourself from being killed.

2 - Killers get 2,5k BP in total if all survivors ragequit AND they lose their addons.
    Survivors get 5k BP if the killer ragequits AND keep their items

Just fyi

• MegaWaffle

@KrazyAce13 said:
    why is no one agreeing to 2 it makes sens the survivors alive should get a quitter bonus at the least same as killers, us killer mains want balance in the game but when a smart and logical suggestion that should already be part of the game comes up we don't acknowledge it. we can't cry for balance and when a survivor player makes a valid point not even notice it and expect the community to listen to use about our balancing issues, and if it is because of the killer dcing is they are the host then the way to balance this is not have a quitter bonus at all because it doesn't keep people from doing it which i would assume is why its there to try and prevent rage quitting.

No one said they don't want number 2 to be fixed. If you read what I typed for example I clearly explain why it would be great but with the current setup the game has its impossible.

• MegaWaffle

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

2 - Killers get 2,5k BP in total if all survivors ragequit AND they lose their addons.

Just fyi

Survivors only get the 5k if the Killer clicks "leave match" if they pull the plug or close application then they get nothing. Its like the match never happened except you still lose any offerings used.

• Master

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

Just fyi

Survivors only get the 5k if the Killer clicks "leave match" if they pull the plug or close application then they get nothing. Its like the match never happened except you still lose any offerings used.

Are talking about ragequits or DCs? The OP was talking about ragequits

• MegaWaffle

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

Just fyi

Since the game doesn't run on dedicated servers it doesn't matter if the Killer rage quits or gets disconnected as he/she are the "host" connection that all the players are connected too. The manner in which the killer is removed from the game currently has no possible fix because of this. That is the point I'm trying to make. Until we get dedicated servers this issue cannot be addressed because it has no possible fix.

If the Killer leaves by clicking "Leave Match" that is different because that ends the match properly and transfers match data to the survivors, without getting cut-off by the sudden removal of the "host" connection.

• Master

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

Just fyi

Since the game doesn't run on dedicated servers it doesn't matter if the Killer rage quits or gets disconnected as he/she are the "host" connection that all the players are connected too. The manner in which the killer is removed from the game currently has no possible fix because of this. That is the point I'm trying to make. Until we get dedicated servers this issue cannot be addressed because it has no possible fix.

If the Killer leaves by clicking "Leave Match" that is different because that ends the match properly and transfers match data to the survivors, without getting cut-off by the sudden removal of the "host" connection.

The problem can be fixed easily. Just punish DCing via queue time punishments.
    But ofc this would apply to survivor ragequits too....

• MegaWaffle

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

Just fyi

That wouldn't address the OP concern about not getting BP when a Killer is disconnected/rages from a match. Yes we need punishment for that type of behavior but it doesn't address the issue raised in this post.

• Master

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

Just fyi

That wouldn't address the OP concern about not getting BP when a Killer is disconnected/rages from a match. Yes we need punishment for that type of behavior but it doesn't address the issue raised in this post.

It does, punish DCing and we get rid of DCers. HOw does that not fix the problem?
    Honestly, who cares about sth that happens once every month where you lose 6k BP or sth like that? Seriously......

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

I'm not a programmer, but they really can't tell the difference between someone pressing Alt+F4 or clicking "Leave Match" vs any other disconnect? It seems like it should be easy to know when someone purposefully disconnects, and when someone disconnects accidentally. At least with the first two, it's very easy to prove intent to leave.

• MegaWaffle

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Master said:

@BloodyNights said:

Just fyi

It does, punish DCing and we get rid of DCers. HOw does that not fix the problem?
    Honestly, who cares about sth that happens once every month where you lose 6k BP or sth like that? Seriously......

I don't think you understand what the original question was. No more DCing players (impossible to completely wipe out) does not give you BP should the situation arise. Someone could lose power, have a poor connection or any other innocent disconnect reason. You would still lose the BP earned in the match this way.

This will be my last post directed towards you because I still don't think you understand what the issue was that needs addressing.

• MegaWaffle

@CoolAKn said:
    I'm not a programmer, but they really can't tell the difference between someone pressing Alt+F4 or clicking "Leave Match" vs any other disconnect? It seems like it should be easy to know when someone purposefully disconnects, and when someone disconnects accidentally. At least with the first two, it's very easy to prove intent to leave.

Its because they are not hosting the matches. when you start a match as a Killer you are becoming he host for all the survivors meaning they are on YOUR connection. If that connection is suddenly cut off (Rage/DC) the game vanishes, all data lost. Until we get dedicated servers hosted by BHVR themselves we will always have this problem.

• MegaWaffle

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

Its because they are not hosting the matches. when you start a match as a Killer you are becoming he host for all the survivors meaning they are on YOUR connection. If that connection is suddenly cut off (Rage/DC) the game vanishes, all data lost. Until we get dedicated servers hosted by BHVR themselves we will always have this problem.

Getting flustered trying to explain this I forgot to spell check my post... >_<:'(

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

All data lost? That's clearly an oversight from the devs if I ever saw one.

• MegaWaffle

@CoolAKn said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

Its the case with any game that uses "host or peer to peer connection". Take a look at the early days of For Honor to truly understand the frustration.

• MegaWaffle

@CoolAKn said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

Dedicated servers cost lots of time and money to set up and maintain and I don't believe BHVR had/possibly has that sort of cash flow. Things are 100% moving in the right direction for them so there is hope we will one day see them get servers of their own.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

If the killer DC's you get 5k points for surviving