Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Getting banned for bad wifi

Hello there guys, I got a question that is really important for me. I just played a game again swf and my wifi decided to do it's thing...My ping was like 500 most of the time and I was about to dc but didn't do it due to them using cakes and I kinda thought it would get better soon. Well it didn't...I think my ping was like 1000 after 3 minutes of being a laggy mess and teleporting around like a Nurse. I still played thought.

After the game one of them told me that he is gonna report me for hacking or like using VPN or sth. I told him it was my actual connection and that I'm sorry for it since I know the issue of it being ######### for like 6 years. He didn't care and I can't blame him.

Now I don't know what to do. I shouldn't have anything to be afraid of but I still am. I never hacked any game and I got no need to. I'm afraid of losing my account since I got like 1.2k hours and spend money on every DLC and stuff.

I know you can only get banned with video evidence but say they recorded the game, can the devs tell that it's actually just me being a laggy mess and not VPN.

I don't know if I should send an email to them. I really am afraid and I actually cried for a bit since I'm pissed enough about my wifi already that I don't wanna be it even more.

Sending love. Thank you for the replies. Please stay safe (coming from someone who is in quarantine because of Corona)

Best Answer

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,768
    Answer ✓

I don't think you have anything to worry about, dude.

500 ping's beyond unplayable, though - have you considered getting an Ethernet cable and plugging right into your router? That might make things more stable for you.

Answers