The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What are the BIGGEST issues DbD has right now?

I need a list of the biggest things that need to be changed or fixed to make the game an enjoyable experience for everyone.

PLEASE list ONE item and then vote up the other posts with items that you think are the MOST important for the devs to focus on.

Thanks in advance.

======

Comments

• Susinagi
    Susinagi Member Posts: 21

Remove Hatch

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The disparity between chase and generator speeds and by extension the basekit randomness that effects them.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

The community and their perceptions of how things are/should be.

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162

Nobody doing bones. A 1k turns to a 4k.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Ranking system.

Far too many potatoes at red ranks on both sides.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976
    edited August 2020

I gotta have 2 because they are pretty much equal in importance to the game, imo:

1. Make Spirit more enjoyable to play against.(not neccesarily nerfing, but a slightly easier way of telling if she is phasing or not and disabling Stridor in Spirit's phasing mode, or even force Spirit out of phasing by blinding her husk, something other than just guess work)
    2. Have a double measurement for survivors: 1 for individual progress and 2 for progress relative to the rest of the alive team at the time of death.(this would make tunneling and being mori'd much less punishing to the individual, while still keeping the punishment for the rest of the team)

• qwe
    qwe Member Posts: 7

Useless Addons and useless perks

With each update there are new bugs, which add to the list of the already existing bugs (some of which have been there for 4 years...)

performance is a problem

imo playing killer is way too stressfull

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Dedicated Servers

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Lack of updates

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Solo Queue teammates are always morons.

• HatchIsMyMercy
    HatchIsMyMercy Member Posts: 219
  • RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

Survivors need to have a higher skill ceiling. Im no survivor main and i can run 90% of killers in my matches with ease for 3 gens. Its just to easy for the time i put into survivor. Killer on the other hand need super focus.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

ormond

• Tjiani
    Tjiani Member Posts: 78

Toxicity on both sides are insane right now because of People’s frustrations, and the toxicity just makes everything worse.. killers being bullied with flashlights, teabagging and insults, by the team who just came from 3 matches in a row being camped and tunneled to death... this killer will then out of frustration Bring his worst build and a mori to the next match and so it goes on...

I Think if everyone actually tried to switch side just for a few days, to see what the opposite side is dealing with, would help a great deal.

This game is insanely hard to balance, but I do believe removing/reworking keys and Moris, increasing gen-times and adressing tunneling would be a good place to start.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

People wonder why I respect the DS, even with no obsession. It's for two reasons:

1) Practice.

2) Because I have been that survivor.

Same sorts of reasons why I never bring an item into my games when I play as a survivor. It's because I play both sides and I respect them.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

There aren't enough new cosmetic skins being released

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Campers/ tunnelers/ iri head

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

This is one of the biggest problems but not the one that needs to get adressed now since is just 1% of your games but still eventually it should, fast if possible would be nice, especially because killers cant change to a viable killer and face whatever they have in front of them.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

So how about regression vs. current gen speeds

• croquetas
    croquetas Member Posts: 20

fps, I already uncapped my fps and now I've got 50 stable fps, used to run 60

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196
  • CrossMode
    CrossMode Member Posts: 20

FPS

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

Game breaking bugs, ebony mori/keys, huge amount of underwhelming perks for both sides.

Bad performing killers, only gens as a mandatory objective for survivors, lackluster free rift pass in a paid game.

Cheesy/abusive strats from both sides, FPS/optimization issues.

Broken perk combos and bad solo surv experience.

There you go, named everything.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139

Slug and genrush , event-start before starting repair and if the killer slug more than 2 survivors , survivor get unbreakable ... Ez to repair

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Excluding the community and their indifference for the gaming experience of others???

Def Ebony Moris and for some reason Keys (although they don't come into play until late in the game but apparently they bother people)

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

To me itsboring scoreboard and boring matchmaking on top of it.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    edited August 2020

BHVR's prioritization overpriced skins and cosmetics, together with a DLC with new stuff every 3 months.. despite their game being a buggy unoptimized mess and there being a huge amount of perks that's literally useless and other stuff.

The only reason they reverted the MMR system was because it caused new (and old) players to leave because of the buggy matchmaking. New players in particular are potential cash cows so losing them is real bad.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Performance update for console players. Kind of feels like we get ignored compared to the PC crowd. FPS and little glitches have gotten worse from updates that seem to just be ignored. FPS drop like when entering bloodlust levels. When exposed pops up can have FPS drop and sometimes fun glitch that makes you miss skill check or randomly stop struggling on hook.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

The devs' ego and having to be bashed back and forth before they actually listen.