Recycle System?

I'm fairly new so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but...

Okay let's be real leveling up characters is a chore... Not to mention you constantly get flooded with stuff that never gets touched...So why not have a recycle system for offerings, items & add-ons?

Character progression isn't tied to monetization in this game soo shouldn't be a bad return...In Bloodpoints of course

Common: 500

Uncommon: 1000

Rare: 2000

Very Rare: 4000

& so on...

It'll streamline the game even more...because every item should have some value if not it shouldn't be forced to clog your inventory.. no?

Comments

• WiredGamerOni
    WiredGamerOni Member Posts: 85

Wow, This Idea Is Cool And Has Never Been Brought To My Head But Some Problems Might Go With This Like-

P3 Lv.50 Killer\Survivors That Have So Much Rare And Very Rare Stuff Its Not Even Human.

And Probably One Of The Biggest Problems With This: Ace In The Hole,

This Perk Would Be A Problem Because Combine It With Up The Ante And Plunderers Instinct And That Could Be a Problem.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Also you could have a way to combine similar Items, Addons, and Offerings:

Take Brown (killer) BP offerings for example:

4 Raven Wreath's - 1 Devout Raven Wreath

OR

1 of each (Raven, Shrike, Spotted Owl, and Tanager) - 1 Hollow Shell

That would also make everything have value either to use for a match or as a part of an "upgrade"

or something like that

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,723
    edited August 2020

Personally, I'd prefer a craft system instead of a bp recycle one but I'd take any system like that in a heartbeat.

I always liked the idea of you can break apart an item and get parts back which you can use to make items or upgrade other ones.

Say 5 brown parts lets you upgrade any brown item one stage if possible whereas 10 of a color lets you craft anything of that same color. The parts menu effects both offerings and add-on so you could break apart say 5 yellow regents and upgrade a yellow med-kit to green or break apart 10 regents and get 1 yellow med-kit. The system would also work with multiple colors so you could use yellow parts to upgrade brown items but it would take less. You wouldn't get a lot of items through crafting but it would at least get you some use out of stuff you'll never touch.

I figure Survivors and Killers will have separate crafting inventories but they are shared between respective sides. So all killers share parts with each other and all survivors share parts with each other. This would let you trash everything on a single survivor to put on other killers if you rarely use them. Same with killers.

Edit: Values could obviously be changed and played with but that's the basic idea.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

That sounds like a good thing, 2 perk slots that don't have second chance perks. God knows the meta needs to be shaken up a bit...

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Yeah I'd like something like that. They could flavor it as an altar where you offer things to the Entity to get other things.

Maybe you could offer 2 items of the same rarity, then it generates 3 items with that rarity, and then you pick 1. Offering 3 would increase the rarity. And maybe offering just 1 will decrease the rarity in case you have too many ultra rare items or something.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The thing about dbd is that it's getting perks that causes the most problems, not items or addons. For survivor, you don't really need BP to get broken items or add-ons - Plunderers/Ace In The Hole is THE WAY to farm. I have so many keys, medkits, styptics, maps, flashlights, BNP, Instaheals, toolboxes, charge add-ons... And the significant majority of them came from those two perks. When I run low, I slap them on, plunder a few chests and replenish my stock. Add on top of that the fact that you only need to get the significant majority of survivors to level 40 and it becomes murky as hell.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Using 3 perks to get bonus bloodpoints could be a problem while the alternative of just using were gonna live forever and get more for every stack