So I feel like rank and mmr cant go hand in hand

Comments

• Yasuhoe
    Yasuhoe Member Posts: 30

Note that I made sure to ask, and 90% of the rank differences arnt due to swf, it is just rank and mmr systems being garbage.

• Yasuhoe
    Yasuhoe Member Posts: 30

Perks varied from rank 1 sprint burst and nothing else to full rank 3 meta tryhard perks, honestly they just throwing everyone together, I have no idea if they actually evaluate your mmr or if they just pair you up with anyone who is online.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

If rank had been used as a baseline and the MMR system had made adjustments from there, I feel like it could have worked out.

However...

I think this game would suck with theoretically perfect matchmaking. It would just pressure people to run the absolute best loadouts and only play the best killers all the time. Games would all be the same. At least with the system we have now, every game will be different, guaranteed.

Honestly, they really should have focused on balancing the game more before even CONSIDERING slapping on some kind of cookie cutter MMR system they ordered off of eBay.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

At this point, just leave the rank-as-matchmaker in, and let the pulled MMR system die and rot. I honestly do not trust them in the slightest to make an MMR system in DbD work now. This isn't Overwatch or even Paladins, there are too many variables in DbD. They should just let it go.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

The MMR idea and Rank idea is the same as it has been used or hoped to be used in DBD. when MMR is actively used PROPERLY then it is what determines matches. Rank is just a hey i can get this rank in X days. and when MMR is not used the rank is used, and reset to allow people to reset.

IF an MMR system is applied again we have to stop thinking hey look a rank 18 beat us! there are some rank 18's that have been inactive a time and so on and so forth... I don't know which is better. we just have been given a great deal of grief over the last few weeks with this system in place. It was removed with LITTLE fanfair. I would ask the following:

1) Why was it only posted by OFFICIAL sources in game? I had stopped playing the last few days because I was tired of being trounced. Since I hadn't logged in I didn't know it had been removed. and YES I looked at patch notes, and NEWS and other places. I don't trust people posting here in general for news like that.

2) Why was it abandoned? I know i have the feeling of why, but I'd like to hear from the DEVS directly why they were saying it was working as intended just earlier this week and then after a forum mod stated they were looking at it that they found out it was doing something wrong. It would go a long way to repairing the loss of faith in the devs because of this debacle.