Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

An in-game voice chat idea

Now that cross-play is becoming a thing, I’ve got an idea for in-game communication. I think survivors should be able to talk via their mics as long as they are close enough. I doubt the Entity would allow walkie-talkies in her realm, so having to be in close proximity to communicate with others makes sense. To make the communication mechanic a bit more challenging, the killer could hear the survivors while close as well, so the survivors would need to be silent in the killer’s terror radius.

What do you think?

Comments

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140

I really like the idea, but doubt that it'll happen any time soon if at all.

Especially since some people wouldn't want to use their mic if they have a loud household, giving away their posistion unintentionally if they don't have a way to mute it.

But I would love for that to become a viable option though.

• croquetas
    croquetas Member Posts: 20

I think rn survivors are strong enough, if they could communicate with each others then no one would play killer. Plus I get at least 1 Russian per match so it would be kinda useless

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231

I don't want an in-game voice chat to be honest. I play solo most of the time and I'm not really interested in hearing my toxic teammates or the killer. At least make it an option, so I can mute them and myself. Besides, teammates will screw you over even more than they already do when the killer can hear them as well.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Either add universal voice chat (the "walkie talkie" one you mention, the same as voip apps/party chat) or don't add it at all.

It's already perfectly possible to combine audio streams and use console sound + a VOIP app on PC with one headset if people know how and have the equipment for it, and if the integrated voice chat option isn't "as good" as that people will do so if they can.