The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stop Cross Play

Fnatic47
Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Hi devs and people of the fog, the worst thing finally happened to dbd in consoles, PC players now can play with consoles... Thats really really bad and i tell you guys why first the "HACKERS" and second "PC rolls 60 FPS". I know cross play can help the matchmaking be more faster and all that but to be honest with you guys i prefer wait 10 minutes to find a lobby than stay 1 minute and find some PC hackers, i say this because i had some matches when i saw some PC players using speed boost and fast healing speed. I had to turn off the cross play because i didn t have fun at all. Devs despite the bugs that it's tradition in every chapter and after some incoming patches,can you plz for love of god. Stop thinking about the cross over idea... atleast for now... Lets be honest over here a little bit devs don t have 100% control of hackers and they don t even have any protection anti-cheat in their servers yet. I know is hard to have that kind of control against PC hackers, so why risk it in consoles... It was because the matchmaking time fix ? Plz try find other solution for it... Thats all...

Thank you dbd devs and community

See you all in the fog !

Post edited by Fnatic47 on

Comments

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    edited August 2020

Im on xbox as well and im currently testing it out myself.

Pc players have advantages with certain killers like nurse and alot more hackers on pc.

Hopefully its not to bad because i do like the thought of playing with other platforms but not at the cost of losing every game due to hacks.

But at least they do give you an option to opt out and just play your own platform.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

DISABLED IT.

• Fnatic47

Wait for hackers start steal accounts and screw the matches and then we will see xD

• Fnatic47

Mikeasaurus i never saw a PS4 Hacker to be honest... so i don t agree with that...

• Fnatic47

FreakPrince Trust me i will, atleast i like to have a good experience in the game without hackers ;)

• Fnatic47
    edited August 2020

For that reason i decided to stop play on PC and start play on PS4... No hackers at all. More fun experience ;)

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

How can ya'll tell when the player is playing on PC? I can never tell. They all look alike to me. AM I GAMIST?

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

just go on youtube and type cheating/hacking on console.

my brother used to do it on the xbox. he would play fifa and cheat ronaldos stats boosted to 99 on everything in online games. didnt get banned but he disabled it after a couple weeks because he was bored of doing it and went back to normal.

• Fnatic47

KIngFrost You can see a globe in their nicknames if they are playing on PC..

• Fnatic47

bluedusef That was in Xbox... its normal... Microsoft says anything to you ? :)

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The only difference between pc and console is killer.

Console survivor is just as strong and many people prefer to use a controller to play survivor on pc.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

disable it going have fun with it mainly play on ps4 now because my pc suck but i do have it on steam.

• HolyLadyGaga
    HolyLadyGaga Member Posts: 51

You can simply disable it and move on.

• Fnatic47

I had 2 friends of mine who deleted dbd when they heard that cross play was on...

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

I haven't gone against a hacker yet and I played a lot yesterday.

Fortunately the dc penalty is off right now so if you want to cut their fun short you can just leave and remain unpunished. For now at least.

• Fnatic47

I don t like to DC, i prefer to suicide myself on the Hook than dc and not getting bp...

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Hackers will hack the servers not the clients so you out of luck if targetted no matter what platform you are on.

• Fnatic47
    edited August 2020

Is not dramatic at all, they played dbd since the game release on consoles and now since devs said about cross play and the bad experience they had on PC, well even me could think to delete the game...

• NotTheodore
    NotTheodore Member Posts: 32

I highly doubt you ran into hackers right after DBD cross play was enabled.

But you probably recorded said matches right?

• Fnatic47
    edited August 2020

Xeno ONLY Two words for you "Grow up"

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it that hard turn it off yourself? you just want it gone.

• Fnatic47
    edited August 2020

Maybe because i like the game to much and i don t want PC players to play against desvantaged players has console players... And i am not the ONLY one who wants cross play gone for good.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

There's an option to disable crossplay in your settings if you don't want it.

• Fnatic47

I know Boosted_Dwight 🙂

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

The problem with the "just turn it off" response is if you already have a limited community size, the people who disable cross play are only put in a worse situation than they were at before. They're not only cut off from players on other platforms, but every other player on their platform who hasn't turned it off. At the least, this should be an option that defaults to OFF so new players can acclimatize to their own platform and join the bigger pool when they choose to and understand things better.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

My friend and I were able to play together for the first time thanks to crossplay, and we had fun. So no. :P

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
  • Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

It's rare but it's possible. I think in 3 years I've seen it only a handful of times. There's a video on YouTube of a speedhacking Bubba on PS4 for example.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

I've been playing for over 3 and a half years on pc and can remember only a handful of times I encountered someone hacking and most of the handful was in the earlier days of the game. I will say though dc's against me as killer have been probably 3 times more prevalent since crossplay started.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

In theorie, killers are more at a disadvantage as survivors by crossplay. Meaning for those killers it might be more attractive to disable crossplay.

As i understand, there are too view killers on console, so if a lot of these killers opt out, it might support a reasonable number of survivors.

But that needs some time to settle, until the console killers decide to do so.

However, if crossplay don´t disadvantage killers, then you´re screwed

• Jokersmile
    Jokersmile Member Posts: 95

PC hackers are in game yes but after 4 years and 1800 hours I can count the number of hackers in my games on one hand. The problem is you are at a disadvantage being on console PC has better controls, fps, and experience most have had the game longer give it time I think survivor on console will be ok but killer is going to be a terrible experience.

It

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

You know you can disable cross play by going in settings right? Some people just want to complain about anything, sheesh

• Hahahhahah855
    Hahahhahah855 Member Posts: 7

For me, I had no problem with "hackers", and it seems like all they do is kite you and lose you easily; dont treat that as "hacking".

Cross play shouldnt be stopped over your hunter playing delusions, get good or shut up.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

I think that as long as the option to turn off crossplay is there then there isn't a reason to get rid of it. If you don't want it turn it off. If you do want it then use it. The only issue I have playing in Xbox is that there isn't an effective way after the game to message the killer or any of your teammates if they are on a different consoles. So killers and survivors can do whatever they want and not have to worry about getting any salty messages or anything after their games

• StaticToast
    StaticToast Member Posts: 6

I mean, I have so many friends who have never played cause they don't want to go in without having someone to help teach them how to play, and because of this they are all gonna buy it, so tons of people will probably be buying it because of the new cross platform feature

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

Please for the love of god give us crossplay, we've been asking for it for so long. :(

Day two of crossplay: "Stop Cross Play"

• Jokersmile
    Jokersmile Member Posts: 95

Yeah we all talked about it long before it was here and why it wouldn't be good for console I hope console players stay they just need to help console killers in some way.

This discussion has been closed.