The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stop Cross Play

Comments

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

Stop crossplay??? They should remove the entire crossplay feature from the game and from the rest of us just because YOU don’t like it? If you’re so much against playing with players from other platforms how about you disable it for your game? Go into your game’s settings, scroll down and uncheck crossplay. Is that too hard? No. And stop with the exaggeration please, hackers are very rare, most of us have played so many hours and have encountered very very few hackers.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

It's not that simple. The better queue times and playing with friends on other platforms is very attractive. But consolers, especially killers, have had to fight through huge fps issues for years now, plus the bugs we all share.

How can someone on Xbox for example, with frames ranging from 30 to below 10 depending on what's happening & where, even expect anything like a fair playing field against most PCers getting at least 30 semi-regularly? I know not all PC's run dbd well, but it still is a large gap with consolers, and our Switch bretheren have it even rougher.

I do not believe hackers are everywhere, that a mouse is vastly superior, nor that players with about the same experience are so different from each other. But frames, oh yes i feel that one each game, and the last two patches have made it even worse.

Don't believe me? Borrow a bud's PS or whatever and dive in.

• wwemonkey619
    wwemonkey619 Member Posts: 14

Yes i do rather hate this new feature and to all those saying "Turn it off" it's not that simple because now i will only get matched up with others who also turned it off

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Cross play is awesome to me, don't you dare remove it. I just want other improvements like the ability to see the chat before the match, and post game chat. Maybe even being able to see what console someone is on by scrolling over their name or something. I notice some frame rate issues on PS4 which is what I primarily play on. But it seriously isn't so bad that I can't catch a survivor on PC. It's more like an annoyance. It's a tiny advantage at best. I mean I had no issues escaping from PC killers yesterday.

Also sure you limit your pool of players a bit with the disabling of cross play, But at least you avoid it if you are that afraid of being at a slight disavantage. I doubt Queue times will be that much worse.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

GIve console the ability to just lock out PC or I am quitting the game. I finally found a reason to.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

You can disable it yourself

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

Just got another speedhacker survivor 👍 thank you cross play xD

• DeepBeep101
    DeepBeep101 Member Posts: 5

Ever hear of easy-anti cheat? It is installed with dbd to have sure tg here are no hackers. Sissy, we can funny okay with our buddies in different platforms. Also, remember the settings? Yeah, check that out. You can disable cross play

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

I'm pretty much done with this game until they either optimize consoles so the killers are not yo-yo's all over the map, or they discontinue this disaster. I'm tired of matches with console potatoes in my lobby. I feel like I'm destroying green rank solo groups on PC, that is the closest feeling to those matches.

I would rather wait 10 minutes for my match than have boring matches non-stop.

• heilong79
    heilong79 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2020

First the terrible match making and now this, It has been a very negative experience and makes me not want to play. I have seen so many toxic players coming from the console side and it takes forever to get into a match now, it used to only be 2 minutes for a survivor match, Now it is more like 5 or 6 minutes. Killer matches seem to be no problem to get into so I guess that is the only good point.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Tell me the exact reason why you don't want to disable crossplay in settings?

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2020

Come on guys stop feeding this guy he's about to reach his final form! Your a master forum post baiter.

Post edited by judge_fist on
  • mike1288mccarthy
    mike1288mccarthy Member Posts: 78

Hackers exist everywhere there's an Internet connection. I actually like crossplay as a survivor but no much killer because I'm so bad at killer. But this game does need crossplay just like they need to get rid of toxicity

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I've been playing for 1000 hours and I haven't seen a hacker yet. Or they are hacking in a way that is not noticeable. I do know that PC is a tremendous advantage over console and I would not play crossplay from a console. I play PC and disabled crossplay because the advantage felt like cheating.

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66

Disable it if you hate it and move on.

Personally I couldn't be happier since my NAT type won't allow me to play with my friends. Now, with cross play, I can!

• Lavos99z
    Lavos99z Member Posts: 117

I know you think PC is a haven of "hackers" but uh...hate to burst your bubble there...IT IS EXTREMELY RARE. There are mostly just toxic people who gloat in post game. I'm sure if it was allowed, console kids would probably do the same. The 60 FPS doesn't really matter much for a game like this though.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Please give console the ability to just play with the other consoles.

• Ultimategamer62k
    Ultimategamer62k Member Posts: 7

@Fnatic47 actually the globe by their username means they are eon a different platform than you. It doesn't mean they are on PC, they could but that's not what the globe means.

• Kobeskillz
    Kobeskillz Member Posts: 80

No wonder!!!!! He’s 100% correct! Last night a couple of times I saw killers moving super fast. It was awful. Something was really wrong. I kept thing my friend if it was a new perk or something. Bubba was moving crazy fast.

if this is what cross play brings which is hacking from PC then turn off cross play for pc! Just keep it for console players but pc hackers is the worse. It ruined the games last night when it came up. Ruined.

• Ultimategamer62k
    Ultimategamer62k Member Posts: 7

@Fnatic47 and if you haven't noticed it isn't just crossplay between ps4, Xbox, and PC, the players on Nintendo switch could also be playing with/against you.

• Kobeskillz
    Kobeskillz Member Posts: 80

No he’s right. I only play switch and last night a few times killers were walking super fast. I knew something was really wrong but I’ve never seen it. Now reading this thread I know what it was hackers. Again I play on switch and NEVER had these issues but last night I hit a few matches with hackers. He’s totally right.

• goo
    goo Member Posts: 4

Don't y'all wish there was a way to disable crossplay?

Oh wait...

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Just disable it. There is no need or reason to play with or against players on other platforms.

• hardcoreplayers
    hardcoreplayers Member Posts: 4

I'm ps4 and every time I went up agents another console I gave them hell made them leave and pissed off the killer👏🤣 just for fun sooks

⛔⛔DONT STOP CROSSPLAY⛔⛔

• Susinagi
    Susinagi Member Posts: 21

No you see a globe if they are playing on any other platform other then your own

• Fnatic47

Since when they can sprint more than 20s with sprint burst ? 😄

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

Dont stop but make cross play default off.

• Insane_Fire
    Insane_Fire Member Posts: 3

Its weird people keep talking about hackers cause in my 1250 hours I’ve seen 1 or 2 hackers

• HagIsBestGirl
    HagIsBestGirl Member Posts: 158

No u. My surv Qs are 35 seconds. It's heaven even when daddy trapper feeds me my own bumhole.

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112

I never saw a million dollars...

Response 2: Jesus f***ing H Christ on a bicycle in yellow Spandex, is there anything on here that someone won't complain about? Give it a freaking day at least

Response 3: haven't we had cross play for a while now? Isn't that what the globe thing icon is about?

• JustNxck
    JustNxck Member Posts: 22

that's actually a bold face lie... There are way more hackers on PC... that being said.. the ratio of hackers to regular pc players is still small because of the sheer amount of PC players.

• Mjjmal
    Mjjmal Member Posts: 1

This is a wall of text but may help explain a few things

Tldr cross play is a thing and it is up to you to do you it is a game and it will be updated in way you can't change like the med kit and tool box changes

Yes there are both advantages and disadvantages for both sides of console and PC debate, but there are things that were not brought up.

First frame rate. yes PCs CAN get and hold 60fps but there are plenty of that Don't. But beyond that you can have the same debate for PS4 vs PS4 pro, and on top of that frame rate has less of an effect do to server tick rate. Witch the information I found, witch may be wrong, is at 30 hertz so half of PC frame rate is there for prittyness.

Next cheating and hacking. So you think someone is cheating, there is a way to report them in game. Now without knowing what platform that they are on, only that they are on a different platform, you can't say it is a PC player. Remember call of duty on consoles have have hackers for year. And PC has an added layer portection with easy anti cheat with scans for game file edits and programs interfere with the game as well.

Next servers. As I have mentioned servers run at 30 hertz meaning they are updated 30 times in one second. And in a recent Dev post the server takes the killer as pryority. Also someone mentioned lag as well and yes if is bad enough can turn a anyplayer into effective a nurse with no cool down and no blink limit because of desync.

Now for heal speed. Take a emergency medkit (+50%) with abdominal dressing(+25%) and surgical suture (+15% and more skill checks so more great skill checks for more speed), add perks like botany knowledge (+33%). If leader is in effect 25% more speed and there is more perks but they are under 10% boost, and some add more skill checks as well. So if build for it heals are quick and that was for self healing. For a mix heal autodidact and solidarity work well together or healing a down player can give you near a health state or for the people to boost a survivor a state. And inter strength is up 5 heals that take 8 seconds each.aka there are a lot of Fast heals.

And to end off it a new system that not many other games like dbd are trying. It can be turned off and you can play with other that have it off. And most of all it is a game, it's not life or death in real life. If someone is going to hack it or lag or whatever in the end it up to you on what you do and it up to the devs to do what they do. If the devs want to add cross play they can and it up to you to do what you want.

• HagIsBestGirl
    HagIsBestGirl Member Posts: 158

Bubbz got legs, bruh. You see them thighs? My boi thicc.

• Zuxito
    Zuxito Member Posts: 1

This whole thread just stinks of a couple ignorant console players thinking PC is infested with hackers every other game. This is not the case, as every PC player would tell you.

Now, those "Speedhacking" survivors is actually just a result of both lag and they are playing at a higher frame rate, that is all.

If you are saying that you are getting actual hackers that speed around the map at 100mph, then record it to provide evidence and report them. (You haven't provided any evidence so far despite being asked multiple times.)

• forst
    forst Member Posts: 40

you dont like cross play because pc player kill you ez

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

It's not really that weird. I've been called a hacker more times than I can count. It's always from ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about. For example, when I run mad grit bubba they lose their minds. They think it's some hack because they don't know what mad grit is. I have almost 4k hours in this game and I have seen maybe 2 hackers. Most people just don't know what they are talking about so they cry hacker.

• Fnatic47

Kill me ez ? What are you talking about kid i play killer ONLY xD those Kids in this days are amazing xD

• NotTheodore
    NotTheodore Member Posts: 32

If you're encountering hackers (which I highly doubt, but can't totally dismiss) I recommend you record them hacking and send it to the devs? Every platform, except for possibly the Switch offers you the ability to record gameplay.

My best guess is that you aren't encountering any hackers and are just interested in complaining for fun.

"They enabled cross play and now all my matches are flooded by PC HACKERS!" Let us not even consider the fact that unless they don't have that globe icon (meaning they're native to your platform), you can't even tell where someone is from. At least as of right now and to the best of my knowledge.

• Fnatic47

I don t need to prove you anything son, especially to PC ignorants.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

I call BS. I'm not denying that there are hacks for the game. Most of which doesn't effect gameplay, but I have almost 2k hours on pc and I can count the number of times I had a match with a speed hacker on one hand.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I had a Bubba like that too when I had crossplay activated yesterday. I was playing with my brother and he noticed it too. Bubba didn't have anything that should increase his speed just walking around.

• NotTheodore
    edited August 2020

You're right, you don't have to prove anything, but I suggested sending proof to the devs and not to "PC ignorants" which doesn't even mean anything.

Video or not, no one other than those who are equally as unreasonably upset with the devs changing things to bring multiple communities together is taking you seriously. Especially with how you're responding.

• Fnatic47

I always report them ingame reports like devs always suggested to console players, but still think that nothing is gonna happen to those players.

• NotTheodore

Right, but if you had a video of their offenses you would have a better chance of getting the devs to do something. Right now all you're doing is complaining about an 'hacker' that totally exists.

• Fnatic47

I am not complaining about a "hacker" i am WARNING that cross play should not be in consoles, atleast for now. The state of dbd experience in PC and consoles are not 100% equal. I will not even talk about the fact that they don t have a pure anti-cheat system.

• NotTheodore

So when you started this entire thing off mentioning how you had to "turn off cross play" because of hacking, how can you say you aren't complaining about it?

What about when you gave us an update talking about encountering another hacker?

Are those not complaining about hackers?

The funny thing is, you can't even tell which players are PC and which are PS4! Yet you're certain you're 100% playing against only PC players or at least somewhat primarily PC players.

What makes the versions not equal? How do PC players have an advantage? Because of keyboard and mouse? You realize that doesn't actually make a difference? This broken game is just as broken on PC as it is on Xbox, and I mean broken in the terms of lag/performance/bugs.

If you played the game on PC you wouldn't even say something so ignorant because you would already know how crazy it would be to say something so wild and baseless.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222

apparently hackers can target console players because out of my whole time playing i think i have only seen 3-4 "hackers" and they were the ping monsters, where they magically have 2000 ping when they get downed. i have never seen a speed boost hacker or a flying hacker.

This discussion has been closed.