The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer should be able to choose a totem to light

Hex perks can be really cool, but right now their risk/reward balance is a little too much towards risk. Sometimes you get really great totem spawns and survivors really have to look for it, other times it just shows up right next to a gen and it gets shut down almost immediately. It currently leans way more towards RNG rather than survivors' skill at finding a totem.

What I suggest is give killers a minute or so window at the start of the game where they can see the auras of all totems and can light them manually for the hex(s) to activate.

This would add extra game-play possibilities as you could potentially put something like haunted grounds in a really obvious spot or try to hide your Ruin in the best possible location. As survivor you could try to spot the killer placing a hex which would add an extra dimension to early game.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I agree, except Noed, other Hex should force Killer to pick a dull, pay a little time to turn it into Hex. I can accept Killer can not know what Hex will be on that dull if they carry more than 1 Hex. This is to make Haunted not so obvious that always show in open place.