The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

who told pc gamers that they are the best?

I play on xbox and until now pc survivors are the same as console survivors and I would say that you find more SWF on console than on PC. you can loop killers the same way .. so what's the difference? Theoretically, the cross oaly has just started and if you are rank 1 it means that you can defeat all console and PC. I believe that the best advantage that pc killers is that they use a mouse and console killers their thumb

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

When I transitioned to PC, I felt PC survivors were more difficult to play than my console days. PS4. I thought it was weird how many console killers were complaining back then tbh.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

The difference in skill primarily comes from the different controls that're being used for both platforms.

It's common knowledge that PC has a more "superior skill-set" because of how the controls for this game works with a mouse and keyboard. There's a lot that goes into why that's the case, but I'm sure you can figure out what I mean on your own. There are good consoles players too of course, some even better than PC players, but the majority comes from PC players due to how the controls work.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

I am rank 1 as killer and survivor. But this game is the same, I can't note a big difference.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Well, hard to argue with that. Awesome sauce. See you in the fog.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2020

Well, I don't believe in absolutes, but thus far, console survivors have been absolute potato groups at red ranks for me. They don't know how to mind game for anything so far.

On the survivor side, I've noted that console killers are easy to decipher as soon as chase starts. They yo-yo back and forth, making it very hard to tell their range and time jukes, DH, or windows/vaults. I've been hit through so many walls it is not funny.

The console is not optimized. I think it is actually helping console killers and hurting console survivors. Weird, I thought it would be different. All I know is; I'm pretty much bored with killing console survivors and tired of getting hit through walls by console killers. At this point, I'm likely to take a break. This game went to pure ######### after this crossplay crap.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I haven't encountered a sweaty console team yet. Before, I would encounter them in about 70% of my matches on pc. I don't know if pc players are better, but they definitely play harder and more serious.

I'm loving how chill the survivors are, I can actually enjoy the game, rather than sweating my balls off every game.

• Pryzm
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I did.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

I used to be a PS4 player back in 2017 and was until the end of last year when I finally switched to PC. Although both platforms have good and bad players, console survivors and killers are usually much worse in my experiences. This isn't an insult, I'm pretty sure it's due to the difference in controls and that console has a more casual playerbase. That being said though, since crossplay went live, I'm usually the only PC survivor in my lobbies and the console teammates I'm being matched up with have been really potato.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

At the absolute top-end, the physical limitations of a controller vs a keyboard and mouse create a very notable difference in player capability. It's not that PC players are magically superior, it's that the control scheme and better frame rate mean they're not held back by as many artificial limitations as on a console.

For your average, run-of-the-mill match, you're probably not gonna notice much of a difference. Plenty of PC players also play with gamepads, for example. When I play survivor, about half the time I'll use a gamepad for whatever reason. Never as killer, though. Gotta be able to instantly turn.

• Strange_Scarecrow
    Strange_Scarecrow Member Posts: 50

You can turn off crossplay but only in the main menu.

• Pryzm

Thank you. I'd rather a 30 minute wait than this glitchy crap.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

It's been known for years now that filthy console peasants are beneath the glorious PC gaming master race.

• crixus006

I HAVE PLAYED 10 games today vs other platforms and i have got 9 wins vs i lose in coldwin

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Have you made sure you're in the main menu? It's greyed out for me if I've already selected killer or survivor

Shut up dude

• Xbob42

You come across as a kid trying to explain why two things are equal because you want them to be, when they are clearly not. No, you cannot reach the same level of skill with a controller as you can with keyboard and mouse. It has nothing to do with you as a player. A controller can only turn so fast, can only change movement directions so fast, and those two things are critical to high level movement.

Your indignation about this fact does not change the fact. That doesn't mean you're going to lose every single game or never juke someone using a keyboard and mouse, or that everyone using a keyboard and mouse will even do better (or even as good as) you, but at the top end where every little thing matters, that gamepad will be the thing holding you back more than anything.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Believe what you want. Theres no discernable difference in survivors from one platform to the next. You come across as someone who dropped a pretty penny on a gaming rig and desperstely wants to believe this gives you an advantage. It doesnt.

• Xbob42

It's clear you've convinced yourself of this narrative. Oh well, that's only to your own detriment.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited August 2020

If you're playing on a mouse and keyboard than yes, you have an advantage. And while it's also true that skill is accumulated through experience, it's also true that using either controls requires some time as well.

If you're used to using a controller on console than obviously it'll take some time to get used to playing on mouse and keyboard. The same can be said vice versa. Because of this, most players notice that mouse and keyboard are a lot more effective when playing either roles, hence why I even mention it at all in my previous comment. Using a mouse and keyboard opens up a lot more avenues in maneuverability, as well as tactically as well.

Of course it's also true that one has advantages over the other, like how a controller makes it easier to 360, while a mouse gives you more room as a Killer to lunge at certain angles. At the end of the day, skill is subjective, and so is this discussion. My opinion might be entirely different from someone elses experience, which usually results in a unsatisfying answer for the OP.

All in all, make of it as you will. Some console players have also said that switching to PC has made it a lot easier to play DBD, while some PC players have also said the switch to console is harder. As a result, a players full potential really comes down to what they're comfortable with. Also I never really said it was a fact that PC players were superior, I tried to dance around that because again, it's subjective. It does come off that way though, which is my own fault.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It's more that the level of control and higher performance adds up to a higher skill ceiling. It doesn't mean every individual player is a god compared to console players.

Look at the "PC master race" meme for example. It's portrays PC players as rich dudes with $4K pcs playing all the latest games at 4k 240 fps. But in reality..... Steam data has shown something like 5% of Steam users have PCs capable of running recent games above 1080p 30 on medium settings.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I’ve played on every platform. There is no difference. I even play on PC with a controller some games, and kb/m some games.

my guess is that people who play on Switch, if they’re courageous enough to play via crossplay, are the easiest to kill. It is extremely difficult to control on switch, the graphics are awful, they get about 20 FPS. You literally are tapping the joystick like a d pad because it’s nearly impossible to move in a smooth circle otherwise. They are very limited.

other than that, there is no difference between console and pc. Please stop feeding into this BS comparison

• Xbob42

Okay, the "there's no difference" narrative really has to go.

Load up a killer.

Spin in a circle with a mouse and with a gamepad.

One will be faster and more accurate.

It won't be the gamepad.

There, objective difference with an objective advantage in two seconds of testing.

Jesus, guys, we don't live in a fantasy world where things are the same just because you want them to be.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It's the console war mentality. It's something you have to grow out of. I'm not blaming the console players thought. This flaming is coming from both sides, and thats the pathetic thing.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,710

As a PS4 player with a PC that I've played other various games on, I think PC definitely has an advantage but not enough that it's all that major. Framerate is probably the biggest one if the person has a decent rig. Framerate on console with certain maps or killers is absolute garbage.

As a survivor, knowing how to loop something is a lot more important then anything else and kbm/controller should net you the same amount of loops as long as you're going smoothly. KBM can look behind them a lot quicker and do more precise movements so you can get a better idea of where you need to go faster. It's minimal but it's still there and it could definitely be the difference between a hit or not but I still think individual skill has a ton more impact.

Killer is a lot more precise with kbm but again, I don't think it's all that major. If a survivor does a perfect 360 it's easier to hit on pc but a good console killer shouldn't miss them either even though it's harder. The real big difference would be with Nurse, Huntress and Deathslinger. You can turn a lot faster with Nurse which is very important, and it's a ton easier to make precise shots with Deathslinger and Huntress. Not impossible on console but more skill is required to get to the same or near same level.

Really though, they should just allow KBM on console and be done with it. Then the only real difference would be framerate and if the game ever gets properly optimized then even that wouldn't matter.

• Xbob42

Yup, that just need to unlock the option for console players. And then optimize the game. Basically console players are at a disadvantage right now for no reason except I guess BHVR is inept. They could and should have good performance and the option to use keyboard and mouse if they want to.

• crixus006

from today there are no excuses for who is better and who is not. I say that there are very good players everywhere and this will show.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Actually, it seems to be console players that created and popularised the whole "PC players are best" nonsense. Way before, leading up to, and since release, I have seen and overwhelmingly larger number of fearful console players than overconfident PC players. Probably since DBD is not R6 Siege and the difference between mouse and controller is almost negligible.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I switched from Xbox to PC and Im just as good on both lol. Once I got used to PC controls I'm still perfectly fine maybe better at huntress but thats it. Trust me in a game like DBD K&B provides little to no advantage

• crixus006

I have only played games vs pc players and I can tell you that it is the same, they do the same loops and hide the same there is no difference that makes them stand out. on consoles it is easier to find SWF groups so it also has its difficulty.

• Aneurysm

I've worried myself but about framerate issues mostly (lerys rn, on console is a joke)

I play r6s as well though - that would actually be hell on earth

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, there's no reason consoles can't run at 60fps from a hardware standpoint. My year 1 Xbox One has more processing power than my PC. But I guess the Devs want everything to look like a pretty, pretty slideshow than an okay videogame.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I had three console players and a pc earlier. I spotted the pc guy instantly, full meta perks, purple flashlight, knew exactly how to run the loops. The console guys, not so much. Maybe I just haven't encountered the good console players yet.

• Aneurysm

Oh yeah, I'm hoping these console vs PC arguments actually get the devs paying attention to us for once. We did get a dev actually acknowledge one of our problems after spamming a thread for 10 pages, so senpai noticed us

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Console players rely on auto aim correction bots

PC Players rely on skill

/mike_drop.exe

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Crazy. I had 3 PC players and one console player and had the exact opposite experience earlier

• Lawliet
    Lawliet Member Posts: 6

Pretty sure @Dehitay didn't mean it seriously,he isn't the type of guy to say something like that.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

This community is hilarious.

Not satisfied with all out Killer V's survivors war, we now have PC players V's Console.

Swear to god, if someone threw a penny up in the air, people would divide into teams and fight each other to the death over which side it would land on.

• Aneurysm
    edited August 2020

Exactly the sort of response I'd expect from a tails biased noob

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited August 2020

You need to go to the option menu while on the menu screen of dbd in order to uncheck the slot for the crossplay. You cant uncheck it while on the survivor or killer role.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Because the superiority act gets old. I play this game too. Im not seeing any difference between pc players and console players. Im just not. And saying that there is a difference isnt even logical. Sometimes we have performance issues but in general the frames are fine. Theres no inherent difference between a k&m vs controller while playing survivor. Its all in your head. IF ANYTHING a controler is better because it makes juking easier. But even if that isnt the case the skills within the game are the same. This is all just more "Pc MaStEr RaCe" crap and for once its simply wrong.

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

The entity told us and maybe just common sense.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

"They hated Jesus because he was telling them the truth"