Beware the hill

Options

while I may have just made a catchphrase worthy of a half baked mathieu cote trying to sell his latest dlc, I'm just going to get straight to the point. The hills are bugged in a way that can get you stuck in the corner of them like little timmy on his 5th timeout of the day. Idk what's causing it, but it is...how do I put this, exploitable. If you weren't aware (as I was on my first encounter to this bug) knocking and picking up a survivor, will force you into this lovely corner as well, leaving you stuck while Claudette and her Jane friend t bag me worse than the Boston tea party. the only way to escape I've found is teleportation. I used a Demogorgon portal, but I think a triggered hag trap would work. So this post isn't a bug report as it's already been reported, rather a warning to stay away from the quentin trying to lead you to the no-no square. To be fair some survivors are genuinely confused, but others are just plain mean. BEWAAARE THE HIIIIIIILLLLL

Comments

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 782
    Options

Yeah I saw this happen to 2 survivors the other day, I was playing killer, had to down them and let them get picked up to keep the game going.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The standard hills in DbD have so many problems. They take up hook spawns, their pathing is stupid and now there's a bug to trap killers in them. Is this the wake-up call to take a look at their design and maybe replace the standard hills with the newer 2-path hills?

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

Yea happened to me as Demo on Groaning Storehouse. Luckily I was able to place a portal and escape it that way, but if it were to happen on some other killer with no movement power, game over man.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Dude this happened to on Auto Heaven. I was carrying a survivor to a hook on a hill and then I just got randomly stuck. I don't play Demo very often, but I have never been happier to be playing them than when this happened.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Same thing happened to me on suffocation pit after I devoured a survivor's hope. I'm surprised it even let me place a portal there.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

As killer you can lunge sideways along the rock's edge to escape and it's possible to pick up survivors without entering 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥

Survivors without sprint burst/dead hard/adrenaline are screwed though

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

I've not got stuck as killer, but I have as survivor. Its loads of fun letting the crows gather and waiting for the killer to come get you. Fortunately my killer, a very sympathetic Myers, got me out of it and left me to be revived by a team mate.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I got stuck on one today and the other survivors came over to investigate and all got stuck as well. Two of us managed to get out on our own and the bubba kindly chainsawed the others out and let them escape.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I got stuck on one today. Not sure if the Ghostface could pick me up or not, but I think he figured what happened, and left me alone for a bit.

• Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184
    Options

Me and my daughter got stuck on 2 different hills at the same time. She spawned in the stuck spot. I thought she was around the corner of my hill and walked into it. I was able to get out by putting down my medkit. I then went and found her to try to give her the medkit so she may get out but along came the huntress. She got downed and when the huntress picked her up she got stuck there. She was able to free herself by swinging her axe while carrying my daughter. Game went good after that. We never went near a hill again.