Suggestions and opinions on DBD

Options

Hello everyone, I've only ever posted here once before about the time I started playing this game. Now that I've gotten about over a year's worth of gameplay and I would like to share some thoughts of the game.

There are things that I really enjoy about this game and things that I would tweak. The concept of this game is great but the execution of it is sadly not. My thoughts have never changed on the gameplay being silly. Killer chases survivors while they run in circles around some obstacles and vault windows. You have to admit this comes across as silly. I would like to have more maps like Haddonfield.

Maps in the game and the way random based placement of tiles happen isn't ideal. Don't get me wrong I understand tiles are randomized to keep the game interesting but there are too many times where there are too many dead zones. If it's not a dead zone it's a weak tile. A usual game is simply moving from tile to tile and that tends to get old. This game should be scary but it isn't.

Back when the survey for the Silent Hill dlc was released I made a suggestion for a mori system. My idea was a meter that filled up according to the actions taken by the killer. If a killer breaks a pallet, hooks a survivor, hits a survivor or essentially does any action that lends itself to the killer's progression of their objective would max out this meter allowing a mori to be performed. I feel the game would be more engaging for the killer which could hopefully cut down on camping as well. As for keys, I would have one randomly spawn for the remaining survivor with the most actions taken during the trial. If the last survivor does not have the most actions then the key does not spawn. A reward for contributing the most in the trial.

Another thing that takes away from this game's experience are perks with auras. Neither side should have them.

On the topic of perks, balance them. Every game has the same 4 perks which is a problem. A nerf to some is needed while a buff is needed for others. Please let's tone down these "second chance" perks. I played a game with a team that collectively ran 4 decisive strikes, 3 dead hards, 2 adrenalines, 2 unbreakables and for a bit of variety a head on. So many of these perks on one team ruin the game's experience.

Killers need a buff. Swf survivors laugh at killers of all ranks and obviously they shouldn't. The meter for being on hook and being on the ground should be the same meter. So if you were slugged and lost half your meter then when you are picked up by a teammate, on next hook your meter should continue where it left off when you were downed. You could also have the meter go down the longer the survivor is injured.

Stealth to me is a big issue. Stealth should be a survivor's constant thought as the trial starts. This game has no stealth for survivors. There are too many abilities and perks that make it impossible for stealth play.

Things I do like about DBD. The customization of cosmetics and perks. I absolutely appreciate that. Having the chance to pick a character and have them look how I want them to look gives the player a personalize feel to the character. I enjoy being able to set up a playstyle for the characters.

This game needs the training mode or some form of mode where you can play just bots. Currently I either get sweaty tryhards as killer or as survivor teammates that hide in the corners of the map without touching a single gen. Devs give me a bot mode and I'll be so happy even if you never add anything else to this game. Maybe add some options for the bot game to choose maps, killers, possibly settings.

These are some of my thoughts on the game. I hope there is some form of consideration on my ideas here. This game has so much potential to be so much more.

I apologize for the length of this post.