How to deal with flashlight builds as killer?

I sometimes find myself against dedicated flashlight survivors, but when i do it feels hopeless.

The group stick together, and when i grab someone i don't have enough time to turn around or look up.

Should i just slug? i dislike doing it since a single guy alive can revive everyone if i ######### up, and no hooks means no progress.

Its not common enough to use a perk slot with lightborn, as it will be wasted most matches.

Any tips? I try facing walls but the last match i had in the swamp either there were no walls or the angle was not enough to avoid blind. I felt hopeless.

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Run infectious fright it's a great perk for applying pressure and revealing the flashlight user so you can make the pick up safely

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136
    edited August 2020

I actually keep Lightborn on 100% of the time right now because I'm lazy. Doesn't matter if there's no one in the lobby with a flashlight, I keep it equipped, and it never occurs to the ones who find a flashlight in a chest that they're against a killer who came with Lightborn just in case. It's fantastic.

Your main options are Lightborn, Franklin's Demise, trying to face walls, slugging, and/or playing as Pyramid Head.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Have a look around if you know there’s a flashlight in game. Shouldn’t take but a few seconds.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

lightborne(use when you see a lobby full of flashlights), face a wall during pickup animation, fraklin's, scare them off first, let them waste battery at pallets.

yes i know you mentioned lightborne but you said it would be wasted most matches even though you can see what survivors are bringing into a match and plan accordingly and i wanted to make it clear this is what you should be doing not bringing it in every match

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Remember that perks like m&a and shadowborn that increase your fov also increase the angle at which you can get blinded

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Infectious. It'll let you know if anyone is near you.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

He can cage survivors. If you down a tormented survivor, you don't have to leave them slugged, nor do you have to pick them up to consume a hook state; you can cage survivors to avoid flashlight saves.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

If I get in a lobby with 2 or more flashlights, Lightborn goes on.. no hesitation

not dealing with that

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

pick up in front of a wall, use lightborn, infectious fright, etc.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,787
    edited August 2020

Others have covered the main strategies, but when it's not possible to stare at a wall I like to use a combination of spinning to a different direction at the last second and waiting for a second before picking up the survivor. Spinning at the last second to a direction that'll be hard to save from is smart because they probably won't be able to get into a good position to get the save in time if they can't anticipate where you're going to be facing. Waiting for a second or two and listening for footsteps is often a good idea too because survivors will often come running to get into position for the save. The second you hear their footsteps that's a free hit for you.

If you're close enough to cover that they don't need to run out to get in position for the save, you're probably also close enough to a wall or obstacle that you can look at it while picking up the survivor.