I don’t like this killer experience as a new player

I’ve been playing this game for about 3 weeks and playing killer is really stressful to me. For one the rank system, apparently the game considers me a rank 3 when I’m still learning the game and I don’t even have all the killers yet, so it’s only naturally that I go against rank 1 survivors or swf. Speaking of survivors It’s crazy how survivors can play stupid and silly all game and still win. All my games is just survivors trying to taunt me, flashlight saves every second, staying on gens in my face, and unhooking as soon as I turn my back and I can’t hit the survivor thanks to borrowed time. Then once all the unhooking happens you can just play like a total moron with decisive strike, and get a second chance for free with dead hard. This probably sounds a bit salty but this is just my opinion. I thought killers were suppose to be the scary ones? Also don’t even get me started on loops.

Comments

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited August 2020

Rank literally means nothing other than "you play a lot". It used to be used for matchmaking but it's not now. Not since like December.

I find Killer stressful too. I actually avoid playing it almost completely. The fact that one killer mistake can greatly impact the out come of the game but one survivor mistake means next to nothing is too much for me.

All I can say is, keep at it. You'll get it eventually.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

You get used to being ######### on by survivors. Just takes time to adjust to it.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Rank means something. You're not going to find players with less than 100 hours rank 1, let's be real. Does it mean hitting rank 1 is the best of the best? No. But you at least have a firm grip on the game. Unfortunately for you Bonq this game is very punishing to new killers. There is nowhere to practice and you will be constantly put up against survivors who have way more experience than you do. It wasn't always this way. Ranks 17-20 used to be protected. Not anymore.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Seriously? Players can get to rank 1 in less than 100 hours. It's too easy to rank up, especially as survivor. Especially if they have a friend boosting them. Getting to rank 1 doesn't show anything other than that the player has played since the last rank reset.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Don't give me that. Pretending like a team of rank 1's vs a rank 17-20 killer. He doesn't stand a chance. It's not possible to be carried from rank 20 to rank 1, even with the best swf group within 100 hours.