What is truly a problem playing against a Killer as a Survivor?

Sheridan_LT
Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417

Which of these strategies do you find most annoying legitimately, and/or hate so much you'd nerf them?

What is truly a problem playing against a Killer as a Survivor? 39 votes

Tunneling
23%
WeederickDaDevilsSkirtGHERBEARRULESTapeKnotalaenyiaParallaxPlayer35IamDwightIllution 9 votes
Facecamping
41%
felipe101HeartboundInnCognitoDimekSkeletalEliteLegEnderloganYTletatheUndershotTotemsCleanserPior_Mortestargazer9SCP_FOR_DBDmusefanOllieHellhunterMarc_go_solo 16 votes
Slugging
0%
All three
7%
CorinneGamesHatchIsMyMercyshelobster 3 votes
None
28%
BlueberryF60_31GlamourousLeviathanYffriiumOBXnotstarboard Antares2332bubbabrothaRepostRipostevmannoeeHiddenNugget 11 votes

Comments

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

I only say none because all of these terms have kind of lost their meaning. Slugging is counterable so I don't see a problem there, I personally never get facecamped, and people who say they do define it as the killer being within your line of sight which is stupid, (although legitimate facecamping exists at lower ranks) and at this point tunneling can be defined as when the killer chases a survivor.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Tunneling

Tunnelling and mories

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
  • OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703
    Facecamping

Facecamping but only because for some reason my teammates always seem to turn 1 guy getting face camped, into 3 or 4 people all hooked.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Facecamping

At least if someones tunneling I can waste time. Theres nothing I can do if they’re face camping.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    None

You should add an option that says "Moris", it's the only thing that really bothers me.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 620
    Facecamping

Tunneling is annoying but facecamping completely stops you from playing the game at all so yeah. It also has no counterplay because you can try some stuff when you're being tunneled but facecamped??? You're just there vibing on the hook lol

It's not as common but not as rare either. Yes, even on red ranks.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,188
    Facecamping

Facecamping is the most frustrating part of DBD. It must be boring for the killer! Tunneling and slugging I get, but facecamping is plain tiring. It's not like camping where a perimeter is set, and you hook a survivor to attract stronger survivors.

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32
    None

I say none just because these are all valid strategies to win as the killer. Yes they're frustrating to play against but how else can the killer win if we deem every method annoying or OP ♡♡

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    None

None of these are really issues.

The only real issue on survivor side is a bad ranking system and a broken rank reset that leads to lots of survivors being boosted to ranks they shouldn't be at. This leads to you getting on average, quite bad/potato teammates that don't know what they're doing.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Define problem

• Sheridan_LT

I appreciate your input, hence why I put that useful "None" section in there. And I tend to agree with you, except Facecamping which I do feel strongly about, but EVEN then it usually doesn't benefit a KIller and punishes them in the long run with being bored out of their minds and low bloodpoints.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    None

If facecamping were more common I would consider it an issue. The only reason I don't is because it's insanely rare. I mean I see someone get facecamped literally maybe once every 30 games? If that. I typically think a lot of people consider scenarios facecamping that really aren't.

Also as you mentioned, when they do facecamp they are basically throwing the entire game and losing just for that 1 kill. So even when it's done it isn't a winning strategy that benefits them, it just lets them get their anger out on that one person.

• Sheridan_LT
    edited August 2020

As a Killer player having done this early on (as in, SO so early), being a r-word salt-bag I can confirm that it is exactly that. Similar to Killers who run in a straight line at every generator they see, smash it, then get tilted when someone dares repair it because they're on the other side of the map.

Ah, not paying attention to scratch marks. The literal bane of my existence it was

• Player35
    Player35 Member Posts: 119
    Tunneling

Tunneling as it ruins the fun for me (I'm terrible at chases).

Facecamping, while really annoying, at least also wastes the killer's time so my teammates (if they're clever) can do other things.

Slugging is annoying but counterable

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited August 2020
    Facecamping

Facecamping has kind of lost it's meaning but actual face camping, before the end game is a problem when it happens.

It's rare, it's extremely beatable and not even an effective strategy, but it's just boring.

The vast majority of the time people are using it, they aren't even trying to win anymore they're just being toxic and trying to ruin the match for whoever they got hooked for one reason or another.