Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is the endgame supposed to just be about hook camping?

JasonS
JasonS Member Posts: 100

If you're in a chase when the last generator pops there's no way you can defend the exit gates in time. Especially if all 4 survivors are alive.

I don't feel like sitting there for 2 mins waiting for the survivor on the hook to die, so I just let them unhook and leave. I just don't see the point.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

It's meant for whatever you want.

Personally, unless you've really pissed me off, I won't face camp even in EGC. I'll go after other survivors and try to take out more people.

Half the time everyone escapes, half the time I get another kill (or all 4) because they all tried hard to save one and got themselves killed doing it.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

If all the Generators are up and the Killer has one or more people on the hook, yeah... there is literally no reason they should go far from their bait. Leaving the quarry they already caught is only Lose/Lose as they just risk what few sacrifices they have managed. This is the natural evolution of the Gen-Rush. Most Survivors do NOT immediately try to save anyone anymore. They just use the time to pop more Generators early to mid-game. This often results in 2-3 Generators all popping at once and early. Don't blame the Killer for trying to maximize what they have left. The only thing they got to find the others is the bait.

That being said, Survivors, once they get down to just a few Generators COULD try different tactics rather than just full speed Gen-Rush, i.e. making sure they do their rescues before they pop the last two. That way the Killer still will risk moving out to look for them. In short, there is no plan that survives contact with the enemy. Killers Mori, Tunnel, and Camp more now because they are adapting the current Meta. The new Perks which slow down the Gen-Rush might alleviate some of what you are feeling though.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

EGC is to prevent anyone from taking the game hostage. Some prefer to secure one kill while others prefer to just open the gate and push the Survivors out.

I have had games where altruism turned a possible 1k into a 3k by proxy camping and I've had others where I don't even get the 1k because of body blocking or DS BT combos.

If I'm getting stomped that badly I'll just open the gate and go afk so they can get out and I can move on. A lot of Survivors like to 99 the gates and feed me kills at a 99d gate through slugging.

It's all in what you do with that time and if you feel like moving on or want to get some more BP at the end. When playing Survivor if we're getting destroyed I just play for points, dropping every pallet I come across, opening chests, cleansing totems, etc. because I know I'm gonna die so I might as well do something for the BP instead of just feeding the killer.