Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Blind a killer, get punished?

GoshJosh
GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I've been playing since 2016, and just discovered for the first time today that blinding the Legion in frenzy immediately pulls him out of frenzy without a cooldown.

The question for the community is: do you think this is fair in the slightest? Blinding a killer is supposed to be a rewarding and helpful thing, not what got me killed in what otherwise would have led to an escape from the trial.

Answers

• Jack_TheJolteon
    Jack_TheJolteon Member Posts: 128

You are also only pulling them out of their power. If they have ears they'll find you wether you blind them or not. It all depends on the killers experience of the game for how rewarding it is. Though you shouldnt exactly abuse the mechanic as it can get you killed the higher in ranks you go

• GoshJosh

"Only pulling them out of their power" - without a cooldown, as stated in my original post. It literally got me killed at an exit gate, in a situation I otherwise would have survived the match. I was in no way anticipating a Legion in frenzy to be slashing me for normal damage due to an - unanticipated - successful blind.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

This works since Legion came out and its fair imo. If you dont want to get downed that way dont blind Legion at palettes or windows and if you do that and he vaults just run away and he'll probably miss.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

stop trying to blind at the exit game then I hate it when survivor do that just get out.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

thats on you for not knowing, play better and learn from your mistake instead of complaining

• GoshJosh

It's a scoring category? The killer is always more than welcome to push survivors out of an exit gate.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

so you can lightblind and t bag this why most killer don't go to the door then survivors stay for the last sec wasting the killers like when he does go to the door is bully to death.

what happen to you happen to another I was oni and this meg stay in the middle of the exit gate I killed everone else so I use his power and downed her and hooked her and she could of easily got out (saying to myself you should of left) I mean she had birds on her what will it take for you guys to go then it don't work for you now not fair.

I'm sorry but what happen to you I think was fairplay.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

IMO it's fair the game has many things you find out the hard way. Blinding legion out of frenzy is just one of those. Yesterday I got a reversed bear trap kill with the pig because a purple rank survivor did not know that you can't leave through the exit gate while it's active. It's harsh but you'll never make those mistakes again.

• Jack_TheJolteon
    Jack_TheJolteon Member Posts: 128

You had better learn that it is a fair mechanic. If you wanna be toxic and blind a killer without knowing the small possible consequences for doing so it is completely your fault so yes the mechanic is fair stop complaining like a little entitled survivor and accept the consequences for being toxic

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I love the "should have survived" element of this. No you expected to survive and due to how this mechanic works you didn't. You learned something, that is valuable. Don't cry nerf because you learned something.

The other thing you could have done to survive is not risk extra points and just exit the match. When you exit the match survival is guaranteed.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2020

Imagine being blinded and having to endure the fatigue on top of it, it would be frustrating as hell.

If you blind the killer he can't see you, so you can still evade him. Plus other killers can be blinded while using their ability and suffer no consequence besides being blind (like Billy). The only killers whose power is affected by light are Wraith, Nurse and Hag because they use the Spirit World.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

If he was in frenzy you could have just ran out the door.

You're sad because you tried to bully in the exit gates and got downed?