The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

KILLERS ARE SO BROKEN

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@powerbats said:

The simple fact this game, it's community, it's spokespeople have become a meme in themselves "Pretty good job so far" says how far it's gone.

**While true to an extent I also feel that the most extreme elements on both sides give it that reputation. You know like a certain douchebag streamer who's no on PS4. You get them on both sides and unless and until they get insta banned across all platforms it'll continue. On the other side are those that're highly motivated and opinionated but passionate about the game.

On the killer side you, @SovererignKing @Tsulan @Giche @Master( @Jack11803 I think) and some others while not always immune to trolling. You're all at least passionate about the game. On the survivor side there's a bunch too. We all throw out the occasional barb and insult as well as some highly sarcastic stuff. But at the same time we also sometimes have some really good ideas pop up from all the back and forth we toss out.**

You can sit there and advocate for the status quo if you'd like. I expect no more from people who benefit from inequity. It;s been the cornerstone of human nature to be blind to what goes on in an atmosphere of unfairness if they stand to gain something. That's not new, nor will ever change. But to sit there throwing rocks at people for nothing is the issue.

I don't want the status quo, if you look at my posts quite a few of them all acknowledge this and state ways to improve things. As far as throwing rocks at people I'm responding to when people throw out insults usually or some blatant stuff like 100 % of my lobbies are 4man swef/ds/fl etc. Now granted I can get heated with some of my responses and I apologize for that.

My original post you responded to was not directed at anyone in particular, least of all you, you took it upon yourself to make that one into this spitball fight. I ignored, the joked it off but then you invoked everyone in some attempt to be some authority figure. You aren't.

I never tried to pick a fight with you and you sadly took it that way and I didn't bring others into it to make it some authoritative thing. I've also never claimed I'm one so just stop right there because that's a dead end and has no basis in fact. Now that's been stated clearly you shouldn't bring it up anymore since it's not accurate.

snort

I’m a Dwight Main Big Brain

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    Only survivor mains say this bull become a killer main and put in a 1000 hours as killer before u open ur mouth
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Demonsouls1993 said:
    Only survivor mains say this bull become a killer main and put in a 1000 hours as killer before u open ur mouth

Actually both sides mains say stuff like this when new or don't know any better on certain things. Also if a killer main with 3k + hours said something along the lines of killers are op. Would you still feel the same way or would you bash them as well?

• Hellrossa
    Hellrossa Member Posts: 105
    Soren said:

@jamesdon18 said:
    You can also get hardware banned for being good in this game and looping people for whole games remember that lol.

That's actually not true at all. Looping is not bannable.

If you're talking about Ochido, he was banned for:

• exploit (several times) and showing how to use these exploits,
    • griefing (sandbag on purpose other survivors, ruining their game experience by coop with the killer),
    • witch hunting (asking his community to mass-report a killer he played against),
    • trying to avoid ban with several accounts,
    • hacking his progress (as an example, he had a P3-50 Clown at rank 1 the day after the release of Clown, which was rank reset, and with XP still at level 1... literally impossible without hack).
    All these reasons are good to ban someone. Except the exploit one, this is not the players fault to use exploit. They are results of bugs or bad design that has to be fixed by devs.

If they are in the game, then they're permitted. Nowaday we can patch a game easily so exploits shouldn't be an issue for too long.

But I understand the point ;)
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

If a killer truly plays fair, they doesn't stand a chance.
    Even with playing fair there is a high chance the killer gets dominated, so pls shut up.

• ClementineS4
    ClementineS4 Member Posts: 17
    Ok, first of all killers are not broken and survivors don’t suck. I agree that the hitboxes are definitely ass but tbh killers are fine apart from tunneling, camping, proxy, etc.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

lul

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    I'll be honest.. I stopped reading after the "Survivors nerfed into the ground" quote.. If killers seem op then you need more practice because none of them are op let's be honest here. And that's a bad thing.. it's a 1v4 game.. killers should be op but right now it's almost a joke. Sure the nerfs made it more equal but balence is far from perfect right now.. you should appreciate that survivors still get to be the power role that killers are supposed to be.. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@ClementineS4 said:
    ... but tbh killers are fine apart from tunneling, camping, proxy, etc.

So basic gameplays are "unfine"?
    Everything is fine, but killer should give more free unhooks… Gotcha.^^

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    Cool meme 
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Hellrossa said: All these reasons are good to ban someone. Except the exploit one, this is not the players fault to use exploit. They are results of bugs or bad design that has to be fixed by devs.

If they are in the game, then they're permitted. Nowaday we can patch a game easily so exploits shouldn't be an issue for too long.

And every major game developer would disagree with you. I know of no development studio that allows the intentional reveal of an exploit, never mind the repeated reveal and showing how to use it, like he did. Developers are very clear that a discovered exploit should be reported via a Bug Report and never posted on the forums. That guy was asinine enough to do it more than once on his Stream.

And repeatedly using an exploit in the game will also get you banned if discovered. This is true of every online game I have played over the past 20 years.

Whether or not it can be fixed or patched quickly and isn't, it has always been: stumble upon it, fine, but don't use it again. Use it repeatedly, and expect a ban. Fair or not, it's their rules. Again, it's not just a Behavior thing, pick your online game.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@RSB said:

@Soren said:

@jamesdon18 said:
    You can also get hardware banned for being good in this game and looping people for whole games remember that lol.

• griefing (sandbag on purpose other survivors, ruining their game experience by coop with the killer),
    • witch hunting (asking his community to mass-report a killer he played against),
    • hacking his progress (as an example, he had a P3-50 Clown at rank 1 the day after the release of Clown, which was rank reset, and with XP still at level 1... literally impossible without hack).

And for being a damn pedophile degenerate.

Wait . . . what? I knew about the guy that was (now formerly) in the Overwatch League, but what's this about Ochido? I don't follow or watch him, because just from what I hear he sounds like the same type of ass that xQc is over in Overwatch, but is there proof of what you say?

• Wolf74

@Kilmeran said:

@RSB said:

@Soren said:

@jamesdon18 said:

And for being a damn pedophile degenerate.

Wait . . . what? I knew about the guy that was (now formerly) in the Overwatch League, but what's this about Ochido? I don't follow or watch him, because just from what I hear he sounds like the same type of ass that xQc is over in Overwatch, but is there proof of what you say?

Ochido became infamous for asking his female followers for nude pics.
    Sometimes even if he know they ain't adult.
    "Proof"... kinda, several youtuber showed screenshots from girls telling the tale.
    If that's "proof", I don't know.

I am in for nude chicks any day, but if your are kinda "famous" you should be careful.

I tend to believe the stories, because he presents himself as a toxic scumbag in all of his videos, so why should I not believe that he is also a douche towards girls?

• Kilmeran

@Wolf74 Yep, thanks for the info. I had no interest in viewing him before, he can ######### right off now.

• Wolf74
    edited October 2018

@Kilmeran said:
    @Wolf74 Yep, thanks for the info. I had no interest in viewing him before, he can [BAD WORD] right off now.

I saw other youtuber making videos about the claims. I don't like false accusations in general, just search for the videos on YouTube and make your own decision if you believe the claims or not.
    Again, since he is a known cheater, why should he stop there?

• Kilmeran

@Wolf74 I'll search for it, thanks for the heads-up.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

it's not false accusations if there's tons of girls coming forward. If this happened to you IRL you'd most likely be behind bars.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited October 2018
    Kilmeran said:

Worst thing is when you look at the chats there is no way that they were all above 18. Many of them were so easily pressured, convinced and extremely naive.
  • MhhBurgers

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Kilmeran said:

Worst thing is when you look at the chats there is no way that they were all above 18. Many of them were so easily pressured, convinced and extremely naive.

Well nobody else would go for the Troll of Notre Dame so I can't 100% blame him LOL.

It's hard to get to girls if you're ugly and if you have 0 personality and humor then it's even worse.

• Wolf74

@MhhBurgers said:
    it's not false accusations if there's tons of girls coming forward. If this happened to you IRL you'd most likely be behind bars.

I am just being polite not to say it's true without having actual proof.
    But I won't speak up for him either. ;)

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Kilmeran said:

Aretha had two videos about it. That's how I first heard of it. 
  • Hellrossa

@Kilmeran said:

@Hellrossa said: All these reasons are good to ban someone. Except the exploit one, this is not the players fault to use exploit. They are results of bugs or bad design that has to be fixed by devs.

And every major game developer would disagree with you. I know of no development studio that allows the intentional reveal of an exploit, never mind the repeated reveal and showing how to use it, like he did. Developers are very clear that a discovered exploit should be reported via a Bug Report and never posted on the forums. That guy was asinine enough to do it more than once on his Stream.

And repeatedly using an exploit in the game will also get you banned if discovered. This is true of every online game I have played over the past 20 years.

Whether or not it can be fixed or patched quickly and isn't, it has always been: stumble upon it, fine, but don't use it again. Use it repeatedly, and expect a ban. Fair or not, it's their rules. Again, it's not just a Behavior thing, pick your online game.

Your opinion is totally legit and I understand it. However if an exploit is found by the community and not by the dev (or they didn't have the time to fix it but that's another story), they can't blame the community for using it.

This is like finding the best strategy to win and using it even if this is a result of a bug. A bug shouldn't be there in the first place and the players don't have to bear the responsability. Lots of people here complain about some overpowered perks for example. Well that's in the game and people are using them, they can so they do, if they are overpowered then the design should be modified.

This is the same with an issue/bug/exploit, this is in the game because of the devs and that's their responsability to do something about it, I think (and all of this text is my opinion, not the absolute truth) players shouldn't be punished for devs mistakes.

Studios are doing this for the past 20 years, this is true, but it doesn't mean they should have been doing it.

Sorry if all this seems messy, English is not my first language. :)

• MhhBurgers

Uh no, if the community finds an exploit the community is still being punished in most games where the dev's have some selfrespect over salesnumbers.

Look at WoW, tons of people exploited warmode by wintrading, they got banned, the exploit never got fixed.
    Duping is also an exploit found often in RPGs, guess what. You get banned for abusing it.

• Hellrossa

@MhhBurgers said:
    Uh no, if the community finds an exploit the community is still being punished in most games where the dev's have some selfrespect over salesnumbers.

Look at WoW, tons of people exploited warmode by wintrading, they got banned, the exploit never got fixed.
    Duping is also an exploit found often in RPGs, guess what. You get banned for abusing it.

Of course, but imo they should have fix the issues instead of banning people.

• Kilmeran

@Hellrossa I get what you're saying, but sometimes it's just not the reality of the job. I've worked in game design in the past. Even for a studio as large as Blizzard, which Behavior is not, there are still limited people on the team to handle bug and exploit fixes, some are easier to find in the code than others, and limited time to work on a particular one if other ones have to take priority.

The bottom line has always been: Until it is fixed, using it repeatedly will get a player banned. They were absolutely right in banning OchiDO for what he did. He knew better than to show how to do them on his Streams. He wasn't new to gaming. He did it because he's an arrogant little twat, and rightfully got banned.

• Hellrossa

@Kilmeran said:
    @Hellrossa I get what you're saying, but sometimes it's just not the reality of the job. I've worked in game design in the past. Even for a studio as large as Blizzard, which Behavior is not, there are still limited people on the team to handle bug and exploit fixes, some are easier to find in the code than others, and limited time to work on a particular one if other ones have to take priority.

The bottom line has always been: Until it is fixed, using it repeatedly will get a player banned. They were absolutely right in banning OchiDO for what he did. He knew better than to show how to do them on his Streams. He wasn't new to gaming. He did it because he's an arrogant little twat, and rightfully got banned.

I don't say that OchiDO don't deserve his ban, he has tons of reasons to get banned.

This apart, I know the constraint of making video games (I work in the industry too) and of course fixing an issue can take time depending of the amount of people available to fix it and the difficulty of the fix itself. I just don't think it's fair to ban people for something that could be avoided and most of all because players are not responsible of the exploit being here.

I do agree with you that streaming the exploit and making a "tutorial" to explain how to get it can be detrimental, especially for someone who has as much views as Ochido. But that's removing something from someone that had paid for it, I don't know if Devs usually send warnings before banning someone. If not it might be more fair.

• MhhBurgers

I don't get how this is a discussion. If a player finds an exploit he should get banned if he repeatedly abuses it, this is commonly accepted for most ACTUAL gamers.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@Hellrossa said: I don't know if Devs usually send warnings before banning someone. If not it might be more fair.

I don't know if Behavior does or doesn't, either. Outside of joining DBD, I play mostly Blizzard games, and Blizzard doesn't warn you first if you're exploiting. They ban you straight up if caught. They do warn you about toxic behavior first, but exploits are: see ya.

Usually, though, the first offense is a temporary ban of about 30 days. I've never been banned by them in 24 years of playing their games, but they make their procedure known.

• MhhBurgers

I got banned by blizzard for baiting people into insulting me during vanilla lol, got tons of people banned that way and then they banned me for 3 months.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

I don't get how this is a discussion. If a player finds an exploit he should get banned if he repeatedly abuses it, this is commonly accepted for most ACTUAL gamers.

This. If you find an exploit, you report it to the devs (not on the forums) and don't use it.

Hell, I almost got banned on my first day ever playing an online game, EQ1. A GM found me standing on a hill shooting orcs who kept pathing around the hill but not up it. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong, and since I was an obvious noob* he let me off with a warning. That was the only lesson I ever needed.

*Among other things, I was leaving the belts to rot because they were "worthless".
  • Hellrossa
    Esheon said:

This. If you find an exploit, you report it to the devs (not on the forums) and don't use it.

Hell, I almost got banned on my first day ever playing an online game, EQ1. A GM found me standing on a hill shooting orcs who kept pathing around the hill but not up it. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong, and since I was an obvious noob* he let me off with a warning. That was the only lesson I ever needed.

*Among other things, I was leaving the belts to rot because they were "worthless".
    They should have work on their AI pathfind in the first place :p
  • projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Finding a way to eliminate, deter or severely lessen looping will strengthen most all killers.

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    edited October 2018

@jamesdon18 said:
    I play mainly survivor, but I have played a fair amount of killer, getting to around rank 3. I played killer around a year ago and thought there was nothing wrong with the killer, or anything seemed unfair. The developers keep releasing patches that keep nerfing survivors into the ground. Killers keep complaining and just because they are bad they get patches to make it easier and easier to play. The new pallet system is terrible. If you could not avoid getting looped, then you are just bad and thats all, the system was not broken in any way. Also the change to the exhaustion effect makes all those perks useless, because if you are getting chased and need dead hard or sprint burst, you only got it once a chase if that. Flashlights are beyond useless now due to the picking up animation being changed. Killers have it so simple in this game and the terrible developers just keep making the game worse and worse making survivor so unplayable at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4&feature=youtu.be

< takes a deep breath and trying to ceep calm > ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUB-wjXUREE

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@jamesdon18 said:
    Killers keep complaining and just because they are bad they get patches to make it easier and easier to play.

Same can be said about survivors huh?

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90
    I do agree with most of this, however like Friday the 13th, killer is MEANT TO BE OP
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I used to like being stealthy. Now I don't because being stealthy all game won't keep other survivors alive who keep you alive, and stealthiness is too punishing when it doesn't pay off in full. My preferred version of stealth would be to let the killer know I'm around, but not engage in chase. Eg. a broken twig, a lock of hair, etc. That would be my dream come true. But that's not one of the one and a half ways survivors can play.

• Kilmeran

@MhhBurgers said:
    I got banned by blizzard for baiting people into insulting me during vanilla lol, got tons of people banned that way and then they banned me for 3 months.

Wait? Vanilla lol? Do you mean League of Legends? If so, that isn't Blizzard and never was. That is Riot Games.

• powerbats

@Kilmeran said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Wait? Vanilla lol? Do you mean League of Legends? If so, that isn't Blizzard and never was. That is Riot Games.

I remember the bait jobs in Vanilla WOW and that was back when the mods weren't overwhelmed so much and were involved in the game. The worst ones were the alliance players since most mods seemed to be Alliance players same for gm's.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@jamesdon18 said:
    I play mainly survivor, but I have played a fair amount of killer, getting to around rank 3. I played killer around a year ago and thought there was nothing wrong with the killer, or anything seemed unfair. The developers keep releasing patches that keep nerfing survivors into the ground. Killers keep complaining and just because they are bad they get patches to make it easier and easier to play. The new pallet system is terrible. If you could not avoid getting looped, then you are just bad and thats all, the system was not broken in any way. Also the change to the exhaustion effect makes all those perks useless, because if you are getting chased and need dead hard or sprint burst, you only got it once a chase if that. Flashlights are beyond useless now due to the picking up animation being changed. Killers have it so simple in this game and the terrible developers just keep making the game worse and worse making survivor so unplayable at this point.

WHERES THE POPCORN GUYS @Gay Myers (Luzi) get ready for the BAN HAMMER

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Soren said:

@jamesdon18 said:

This clown and people like him are everything that is wrong with gaming today. They also tend to bring the worst people to DBD. I've seen it happen with other games. Once popular toxic streamers start streaming a game you can see the community turn to ######### in real time.

I don't get why so many survivors worship him. I click on their profiles and see so many as part of his group. He's an ass....wow much respect!
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@The_Crusader said:

I don't get why so many survivors worship him. I click on their profiles and see so many as part of his group. He's an ass....wow much respect!

Majority of them are underaged #########.

How surprising that the spoiled brats chosed the easier side ?

• powerbats

@Giche said:

@The_Crusader said:

Majority of them are underaged #########.

How surprising that the spoiled brats chosed the easier side ?

It's hilarious you say that when you totally ignore he does it killer side as well and a lot of his followers play killer as well. I run into them at rank 1-2 and they're part of his group.

• Kilmeran

@powerbats said:

@Kilmeran said:

@MhhBurgers said:

I remember the bait jobs in Vanilla WOW and that was back when the mods weren't overwhelmed so much and were involved in the game. The worst ones were the alliance players since most mods seemed to be Alliance players same for gm's.

Oh, don't even get me started on Blizzard. I played their games for 24 years. After the screw job they've done to players in Overwatch, and the garbage they launched as Battle for Azeroth, I've walked away from Blizzard and happily joined Dead by Daylight.

Behavior might not be perfect, but so far they sure aren't as bad as current Blizzard. The "Activision" in Blizzard is showing way too much mowadays.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

@Kilmeran said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Nah I got banned for griefing players into insulting me, GM answered to MY ticket and then told me it was suspicious that I opened more than a hundred tickets many of them resulting in bans that he said have been reverted after they actually looked into them. He then logged me out and I couldn't play for 3 months, my forumacc was also permanently banned alongside that (tho reverted because of the new forums)

• powerbats

@Kilmeran said:

@powerbats said:

@Kilmeran said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Oh, don't even get me started on Blizzard. I played their games for 24 years. After the screw job they've done to players in Overwatch, and the garbage they launched as Battle for Azeroth, I've walked away from Blizzard and happily joined Dead by Daylight.

Behavior might not be perfect, but so far they sure aren't as bad as current Blizzard. The "Activision" in Blizzard is showing way too much mowadays.

Yeah I was playing Blizzard products from when they 1st came out but stopped playing WOW just before Thundering Isles patch came out. The final straw was how badly they keep destroying the D3 franchise and when they'd delete some of your progress and turn around and say sucks to be you.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

You are right.
    Killers are broken.

EXTREMELY HARDCORE underpowered and not even capable of doing their job against intelligent survivors.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@powerbats said:

@Kilmeran said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Oh hell man, the other day I made a post at the Overwatch forums criticizing Blizzard on the handling of the game. I don't rant or toss insults, I always post like I do here, everywhere. I walk into the forums today and find out that I have been kicked from Trust Level 3 to Trust Level 2, which means I can no longer post links (not that I really did anyway). I check my email, and get told that I have been lowered in forum privileges for questioning Blizzard policies.

Okay. I didn't question their policies on anything, but whatever. They want to censor criticism, I get it.

I am done with Blizzard. I blocked the forum website in my browser so I'm not tempted to give them my time anymore. It's the principle behind it all. They've definitely become just like Activision, which is just like EA, and after 24 years with them, I am no longer a customer.

Instead, warts and all, Behavior gets my business. And I have many reasons why I chose them, but that's another topic.

• powerbats

@Kilmeran said:

Oh hell man, the other day I made a post at the Overwatch forums criticizing Blizzard on the handling of the game. I don't rant or toss insults, I always post like I do here, everywhere. I walk into the forums today and find out that I have been kicked from Trust Level 3 to Trust Level 2, which means I can no longer post links (not that I really did anyway). I check my email, and get told that I have been lowered in forum privileges for questioning Blizzard policies.

Okay. I didn't question their policies on anything, but whatever. They want to censor criticism, I get it.

I am done with Blizzard. I blocked the forum website in my browser so I'm not tempted to give them my time anymore. It's the principle behind it all. They've definitely become just like Activision, which is just like EA, and after 24 years with them, I am no longer a customer.

Instead, warts and all, Behavior gets my business. And I have many reasons why I chose them, but that's another topic.

Yeah I've never been banned there but have been warned for criticizing them over the stuff they pull like when they screw up and your achievements get nuked and you have both picture and video proof. As well as people who were online and saw it and were streaming raids etc and they turn around and say they have no record of it.

When you provide the proof they simply say well we're not responsible for our screw ups and it basically sucks to be you. Now it's one thing if a few get deleted but ones that can't be redone due to being locked behind a legacy wall. Then the ones that're guild based or it happens to a lot of people and they deny it ever happened all to protect their egos.