What is this? The survivor invasion on deathslinger?

2»

Comments

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    edited August 2020

Nurse CAN BE by far the most devastating killer... If the player has put in the countless hours and also has a natural aptitude for her. However the majority of nurses I see are decent at best and easily countered. If you don't have the blink timing down to a science and the muscle memory then she's crippled by her speed and cool down.

The hag is countered by crawling... Deathslinger is countered by using line of sight breakers and most easily countered by not running a swf savior mentality. Do gens... Don't follow the killer hoping to stun him or body block him. He is lethal 1v1 which is how ALL killers should be. Do gens, time your rescues, don't rely on BT or DS for fancy saves instead of the anti tunnelling they were designed for.

If the meta of SWF wasn't to bully the killer then people wouldn't dislike deathslinger. Period.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

I ######### despise deathslinger and my entire playstyle (during solo) relies on stealth (I say during solo because during SWF it's just us all throwing the game 9/10 for a laugh). I don't want to bully the killer, I want to hide in a corner for half the game. Still hate slinger though.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

He is one of my mains. I guess I deal with too many toxic SWF teams. I apologise if I assumed you played like that. I usually put all of my usual bully hunter perks on and use him if I'm seeing bully team after bully team because he is one of my only ways to counter (usually only partially) them. That is why I am so against him being nerfed. However I'm not your typical player either. If I load up for bullies and I realize they're decent people I'll help them farm healing points and let them escape. I even load up NOED regularly when seeing tons of bully teams... But if they're not, I never kill anyone after it's active. I actually use Myers and ghost face just for jump-scares and levity a few times a week. I'll sneak-grab people off gens then spin in circles til they wiggle off then vanish for the next one lol. I do just because it's the opposite of toxic and some days we ALL need that.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I mean, I don't play Overwatch nearly as much anymore because of that same crap. If a Top Streamers whines, or the OWL whines, things get changed. It's made the base game for many of us just unfun anymore.

I'm fairly certain I'll hit that point with DbD for the same reason, and stop playing it, too.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited August 2020

Well that is then another reason to play it not.

For my part was Blizzard one of the few good companies in this industry.

I have play Blizzard games from Warcraft 1: Orcs and Humans (or whas it Humans and Orcs? - don't know it anymore) to countless years in World of Warcraft, but I can't stay that Kotick guy anymore. He makes me vomit. So I have let Blizzard go and at the moment I prefer more 4x games and games I can mod and I wait for Cyberpunk 2077 like the most other people I know :).

What dbd matters, so makes me the influence of the streamers sick.

Either the devs do directly what they say, or they sent their audiences and those guys follow like brainless sheeps.

Wish bhvr would look more at the people that just play the game.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I still play Blizzard. Like you, have since Warcraft 1 in 1994. That said, the huge flaw for Overwatch is the Overwatch League. Because it is the brainchild of the Activision-Blizzard CEO, Robert Kotick, Kaplan and is team are forced to make sure OWL looks good on the screen to watch. So, we end up with a severe burst damage meta while tanks and supports are nerfed so the DPS heroes can make those flashy plays for viewers.

IF OWL would just die already (and it isn't doing well), Overwatch as a game would end up in a far better place.

• KidDope25
    KidDope25 Member Posts: 117

Then what is the counter? There isn’t. Even throwing the pallet down doesn’t prevent him from getting you