The Claudette Skin: Design Compromised

Comments

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

I didn't particularly like the original design (mostly due to thong) but did she really need to have a necklace and earrings?

Also RIP alternate head Beanie.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I agree. I play Claud only because of camo, lol. The final design is weak, so, if I would pick something bright, I would choose Nea or Feng.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited August 2020

Imagine, if they would make both a set and two separate parts.. impossible amount of work.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited August 2020

She can look sexy, sure, but in a design that accentuates her specific body type, not a design for a body type that is significantly curvier than her with some rocking abs. It just ends up looking kind of odd when its translated over.

It's kind of like when you buy a dress online and put it on and feel like a dork.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm really hoping for the Legion outfit to still have them face-changing mechanic on it.

I'm totally going to use the mask for Joey especially if that's the case and even if it face-changing animations it's still nice looking mask.

I'm also glad that I'll finally have another outfit for Frank besides his Day of the Dead outfit I at least have two outfits I like wearing with each Legion member Frank was needing his second. (Same with Julie as her Rift one is the only one I like)

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

tbh it fits the character more like this, the g string thing didnt fit her at all is better like this tbh, but tbrh i never liked the outfit but is what it is. i understand the complain but it is what it is.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Bruh just go somewhere else if you want something to get horny at they don't need to add thongs to their asymmetric 1v4 game

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102

The costume they came up with is great... except for the necklace and the earrings

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

The low pants I understand, thats bordering on Dead Or Alive territory. I agree on the hood.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351

Dude if they got rid of the thong and kept everything baggy as all hell I don't think you would see anyone complaining.

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85

The winning designs will likely be in the free track of a Rift again, just like before. These won't be purchased skins.

With that said, I doubt we'll get face/mask changing on the Legion skin. That would involve a bunch of custom animation and coding (moving facial UVs around, etc) which would make it a "legendary" skin. And there's no way a legendary skin would go on a free track.

• Buckoben

I love how if the thong wasn't there and this skin still got picked the complaints would most likely be the same.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
  • Pichihime
    Pichihime Member Posts: 23

I understand and is the reason I discourage artists to participate in future design contests as apparently BHVR will just twist and change the design to where its hardly even the same. Such a bad rule. This is hosting a design contest for the wrong reasons. If you want a community submission for the game you should stay true to the design, I am telling you right now the artist is hurt and insulted because of what BHVR chose to do with it. Literally should have just picked someone else. You dont pick someones hard work and 'fix' it, this is basic human decency

Feng and Clown got in just fine because they were picked with care, this one wasnt

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I think looks fine for the most part.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 934

Shoulda kept the brighter jacket color. Just so she cant become another Blendette. Other than that. I dont see anything real different

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

People in this community always freak out about everything, i'm actually surprised i didn't see threads like this coming, just wait for them to show the legion skin.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I think it's just a shock as the Feng and Clown skins were hardly changed at all from their original concept art.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

I personally feel the designer just very much drew her like that, she can still rock it, doesn't have to be all curves, if you look at her spring break costume sorry but they gave her a little more hip and that bikini/sarong totally worked for her, she had a little more hip and it looked good so I feel they could of made it work.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

You are hired

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Because Feng and Clown skins do fit their characters, especially the Clown's one, this one does not fit Claudette at all, she is supposed to be an introverted, bookish, loner nerd. I could see Nea or maybe Kate wearing something like this but not Claudette. The designer did a good artistic job but she/he didnt understand Claudette character at all.

For me it would be like giving Jeff an expensive bussiness suit with a necktie and clean shave.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2020

If it's about sexualization of the character I hope people are consistent when people suggest it for the males too.

If it's about not fitting the character, there's alot of skins in the game that don't fit other characters but nobody whines about those, they just don't buy them.

This skin in model looks so different from the original concept, I have to say why even pick it if it's gonna change so drastically.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited August 2020

Looks like they can't make anything other than sweat pants.

That is my main problem with this as baggy cargo pants would have been awesome.

EDIT* even without the thong.. just want something different.

• Buckoben
    edited August 2020

While I personally don't care about the thong. Is there a reason why this article of clothing is inherently sexual? Cause I don't see it.

• ProfoundEnding
    edited August 2020

Then they shouldn't have chosen that design as the winner if they planned on changing several details of it. Just pick a design that better fits the character.

As for Jeff, he already has a fancy suit, just no necktie or clean shaven face, but his beard is trimmed on that outfit.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

I think a lot of the issue comes from the original artist's design aesthetic not really fitting the dbd aesthetic. I was trying to imagine what it would look like if they didn't compromise the original design, and I think it would still look weird af.

The dbd models are too static in their stances and expressions to pull off certain clothing choices. The hair, eyes, glasses, hood, and sweatpants all look good in the original design because of the creator's artistic style. They accounted for Claudette having curves, anime-like features, and cutesy, voluminous hair. DBD claudette is not very curvy, has some of the worst hair choices in the game, and has a realistic face shape.

If anything, this might deter BHVR from selecting winners with less realistic art style choices.

• Buckoben
    edited August 2020

This outfit feels like they picked it because of the style, at the last minute they realized the winner was too stylized but they couldn't back out.

Now we are left with this gray area where no one is really happy with how this contest has gone and are rightfully worried about the Legion skin.

Honestly the artist could submit this cosmetic again next year because their cosmetic isn't getting into the game this time.

sorry the anti spam filter made me post twice.

Post edited by Buckoben on
  • Buckoben
    edited August 2020

This outfit feels like they picked it because of the style, at the last minute they realized the winner was too stylized but they couldn't back out.

Now we are left with this gray area where no one is really happy with how this contest has gone and are rightfully worried about the Legion skin.

Honestly the artist could submit this cosmetic again next year because their cosmetic isn't getting into the game this time.

sorry the anti spam filter made me post twice.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Yeah, they shouldnt have picked that one as winner.

And Jeff fancy suit is just him wearing a blazer over a tacky red shirt, thats a long way from a proper bussiness suit, the ones lawyers, shareholders, CEOs and the kind wear to important meetings or when conducting business, also the beard is trimmed but the long hair remains, its not the same as suddenly having a cosmetic where Jeff appears like this.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Like someone else said, its for inspiration, not an exact copy. Has the Legion skin been shown/leaked yet? If so, is there a link?

• ProfoundEnding

It hasn't. And I think people are upset because the Clown and Feng skins were nearly exact copies of their concept art.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Lmao this is the most picky thread I've ever seen. The skin sucks because they changed a few very small details? Ok then.

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
  • Pichihime
    Pichihime Member Posts: 23

"Its for inspiration"

"The 3D adaptation of the winner’s submission by BHVR as an official in-game very rare cosmetic."

That tells me that, when I submit my design, the prize I expect to receive when I win is an exact copy, and not just "any cosmetic" that used my design as inspiration.

The skin sucks because it's completely different to what was promised because BHVR somehow deemed it as offensive.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

No...I think if they put a thong in and EVERYTHING was different, the pervs would be highly satisfied

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The legion one looks decent

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

It's not like many people will buy this outfit, anyway. It doesn't fit Claudette's character and most Claudette players use the P3 outfit.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Lmfao this forum though...I can't wait to see the outrage over the legion skin...

This discussion has been closed.