Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If you want crossplay then actually invest in servers.

Title says it all. I understand you can turn cross play off and sit in queue for a long time to get a match. It's boring. What makes it worse is turning crossplay on to try and finish some of the tome achievements and running a literal roller coaster of pings and horrible interactions.

This rant is a long time coming but seriously BHVR increase part of your revenue back into the servers and actually upgrade them to be capable of crossplay if you want to dream big. I can't stand playing survivor and having a 40-52 ping EVERY game. Then seeing the other survivors ranging from 99-176 when on console. Let alone the killer having with a medium to high ping literally skewing the game in their favor.

Anecdotes but examples from TODAY alone. 1) Killer game, sneaky build myers, no terror radius, 3 grabs (Literal hand already on shoulder pulling them backwards) and survivor up and runs away because their bad ping let them react seconds late and still get results from servers. Pings for all 4 survivors, 130+ all console. 2) Survivor game, run against a huntress. Hatchets hit box already trash, dodge to my left expecting hatchet throw to the right. See hatchet fly past me and hit terrain. 1 second later "Argghhhhh" injured state. Ping for that game was 53 but I could get behind walls and still get hit by M1's or hatchets and watch as the survivor model drags backwards onto the ground into a position that I have long since left.

I get it. I really do, you want to increase customer base and lower queue times with crossplay. It could be great, it could give this game a much needed vitality boost (especially the lack of imagination on the new killers but that's a personal opinion and I don't want to disparage the individuals i'm sure spent many hours working on them). But BHVR you need to invest in your primary running force of your servers if you expect to transition to this mesh of consoles and PC. Spend your money wisely and improve the game as a whole over patch fixing small issues.

Comments

• kalaxus
    kalaxus Member Posts: 2

Seconded. I don't know why x-play connections so erratic but needs to be fixed. No consistency in single match connections go from good to god awful and swing all around like were on 56.6k modems or 90s WiFi. Stabalize and optimize plz thx

• TheEvilKit
    TheEvilKit Member Posts: 39

I hate to be that guy but confirmation bias much? I, a PC player who has regularly played with other PC players before crossplay and a healthy dose of console players during crossplay regularly have a ping of 80. Ping has nothing to do with whether a player is PC or Console and is entirely reliant on their stable their ISP is and how close/far they are to the server they've connected to.

I would love to be able to play with 40-52 ping so it feels like a weird flex to complain about it.

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2020

No real flex on my ping. If anything my ISP loves sucker punching my bank account each month so I can enjoy playing games.

With crossplay the servers have objectively become burdened. Its apparent with the game crashes and as stated above the roller coaster pings.

This post was also initially a rant on seeing pings vary wildly when I see console players. I dont blame them and don't necessarily blame BHVR. Just a rant filled feedback to divert more funding to stabilize the servers and make the game an overall more enjoyable experience for everyone.

As a quick note, the hit verification is a good step in that direction. Getting rid of pallet swings and window hits that clearly didn't hit by improving server response.