Killer Suggestion: The Risen

TreblucFayle
TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

Concept:

A reanimated skeleton warrior.

Appearance:

A skeleton wearing at least some parts of old armor, but still revealing the fact that they are nothing but animated bones.

Weapon:

An old sword or other weapon.

Power: Gravewalk

The Risen can descend into the ground and move undetected, except for a directional bone-clattering sound. The killers camera will pull back into a 3rd person view and show a marker where The risen can return to the surface.

While using Gravewalk, The Risen can move under certain items on the map. They can return to the surface at will. When returning to the surface, they will have a small cooldown before being able to attack/ perform an action.

While Gravewalking, The Risen can trigger an attack called Graveburst. Graveburst takes a moment to charge up and slows movement slightly while charging. Graveburst causes The Risen to quickly come up and preform an AoE that can hit multiple survivors if in range.

Perks:

Hex: Panic - While this hex is active, survivors can only sprint. They can not walk or crouch. This effect can be temporarily suspended on themselves for 90/ 75/ 60 seconds if a survivor cleanses a dull totem.

Hex: Boneyard - While this hex is active, anytime a dull totem is cleansed 1/ 2/ 3 more dull totems will randomly spawn on the map.

Deaths Shroud - Hex totems will not light up unless a survivor is within 3/ 2/ 1 meters of it. The auras of totems will not be shown if an effect would normally reveal them.

Comments

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

Neato!

• SadCyclops
    SadCyclops Member Posts: 118

i like the idea of your first perk, although i think this could be a new status effect instead of a hex. like you hit someone and they can only run for x seconds.

second perk seems to be too with 3 new totems. 1 other dull totem would be cool tho.

the range of the third perk seems like a joke but i think 5 meters or something would be also very nice.

the power of the killer is also nice imo but a skeleton is not the right creature for it. maybe an insect or sth would be cooler.

all in all a pretty nice concept, ild love to see more totem perks

• TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2020

Thanks for the feedback. I liked the idea of using hex perks with a Skeleton, because bones. LOL!

I don't feel Panic would work as well as a status, especially on a hit. If you're hitting them they're running already. It won't hurt them at all. But as a hex, the people who hide at the start of a match (or are immersed the entire match) are forced to play outside of their comfort zone. The hex version would actually be a threat, which is why hex perks can be disabled.

For Boneyard, I wanted the perk to create more totems on the map for longer hex usage over-all. Particularly since we have the new Hex:Undying that we're getting with The Blight, and more dull totems will be needed. Also, it would allow people to intentionally fill the map with dull totems to learn all the possible spawns.

The range on Deaths Shroud was intended to be small so that hex totems are a bit more hidden, less noticeable. But obviously something like that would need testing/ adjustment to not be too strong.