Do You Ever Feel Bad for Killing a Survivor?

NimaKh1
NimaKh1 Member Posts: 41

A random question for all the killer mains out there! Have you ever felt extra guilty for killing a survivor, and why?

Comments

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

Occasionally. Usually though I feel worse when I’m a survivor and I drop a pallet on Piggu’s head. Her lil squeak

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

sometime it matters how the match is going.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

If matchmaking decides to put me with a person who's played like 3 matches, yeah definitely.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

No, although I do show respect to those who clearly outplayed me and were misfortunately downed out of luck. In-game, I'll look down then back up at the hooked survivor, like a nod of appreciation, and will then compliment them afterwards.

But as for feeling bad, I just feel it's a game, and it's about my playing the best I can.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Sometimes I do. Never against people that obviously have enough experience, but when I get matched with newer players. It´s so unfair sometimes.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

When you're not tunneling, but you keep finding the same survivor, possibly still injured after an unhooking...yeah I feel a little sorry for them. But at the end of the day, I'm a killer and that's what I do. Kill kill killedy kill.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Yeah, when I keep running into the same dude. And when I can tell they're new.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

The Whimpering gets me every time, especially all mah girl besties! OMGz injured Meggers, Feng Min and Nea makes me feel sad and wanna heal them so badly!

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

No. Now if there was a The Last Of Us chapter, it would be a different story.

Unrelated: stunning Myers with a pallet is hilarious. The sound he makes gets me every time.

• NekoGamerX

I mean if the survivor is new to the game having really bad game like I team the whole team there still like 5 or 4 gen left I get hatch.

• Nearic
    Nearic Member Posts: 26

Actually this just happened to me. I didn't feel SUPER bad, but I did feel a little guilty. a survivor got off hook and triggered my phantasm trap. I do as any good hag does and immediately teleport and M1. I didn't even realize they were the survivor just on the hook. (I wasn't paying attention, I was searching for someone else.) that is until I picked them up and death hooked them. Like I said, it didn't super phase me or anything, but I don't like tunneling/camping (Though camping the whole map at once is kind of hags power.) when I can avoid it. and I was definitely in a good enough position that it wasn't called for.

But killing a cocky survivor is ALWAYS fun. Survivors Tbagging me at a pallet thirsty for a flashlight stun get the best surprise when it doesn't work.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Sometimes I let the last survivor escape via hatch if their team was complete #########. I made friends that way.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

No

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yeah, sometimes I do.

• NekoGamerX
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't normally feel bad about killing survivors, even with Red Moris. Killing survivors is what I'm supposed to be doing as a killer, it's the whole point. The exception is if I kill someone and it turns out they were bugged, then I feel a little sorry for them. Like if I see someone stuck in the hillside for instance, if I realize they're stuck I'll knock them down, pick them up and drop them somewhere nearby so they at least have a chance to recover. (It's only happened once so far fortunately.) I'll kill people who are afk though, it's not the game's fault if you go afk.

And survivors never get sympathy from me by calling me names or saying I "tunneled" or "camped" or whatever. If anything knowing that I beat someone who's a jerk just makes it more satisfying.