Can we get a button to refuse an unhook attempt?

gushobbleton
gushobbleton Member Posts: 7
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I keep getting killed by dumbasses who think they have borrowed time.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

i believe they talked about this in a stream or video a while ago and the reason they say no is because of the major downsides it can cause. Such as if someone is going to save you but you kick them away or something and the killer downs them then it seems pretty bad on you.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

They're already shot this idea down in the past as survivors would use it to troll their teammates.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I get those potatos as well. This game really needs some work. Crossplay has brought fourth, en Mass. The Potatoes.

Borrowed time should become a mechanic built into the game. If the killer is within so many METERS of the hook. The status effect is automatically applied. This would END camping, teach killers to become BETTER at the game, save the company from having to read through tons of reports.

Of course it would be fair that they work on giving killers BETTER map control too!

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

oof that's a big suggestion there and a quite unbalanced one any way you cut it. Whether you like it or not camping is a valid strategy. It is punished by losing emblem progress which take that as you will.

A side note to that is if you're saying Borrowed time needs to be baseline then maybe NOED should be too?

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

You could just do what you normally do BHVR. Make a new perk. Whenever you are unhooked, if you are hit within a certain amount of seconds then the damage is mitigated to the rescuer instead.

Survivors will start rethinking unhook bombings if they are punished for it, and solo players who run it can protect themselves from 3 man groups who use the forth as a funny farm gag.

Just a thought~

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Deliverance should allow you to do that. at the very least

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Much as I hate getting farmed survivors would just troll each other with it. Also kicking solos away so their swf teammate can get the save, that kind of bs

• gushobbleton
    gushobbleton Member Posts: 7

They already troll with all kinds of other bullshit, including the explicit thing this would prevent! You would negate one form of trolling and replace it with another, so that's basically a non-argument. In terms of other gameplay flow it's kinda ######### and I COULD just spend another 30 million BP so I can get DS on every survivor archives and dailies ask me to do, but I think it's pretty ######### to need a perk to counter my own bad team mates.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

That would be used only by the losers that decide to stop struggling when a teammate gets near them for the unhook, just to waste more time.

I've stopped using borrowed time since my teammates somehow get downed a few seconds later.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited August 2020

Add "punch in face" button. It can be hold to deny unhooks. Other survivors can see your fingers folded into fists and fists rised up, prepared for as many punches as needed. Punched survivors become stunned for 5s (reversed Dee-strike). :^)

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

You can take a hit while survivors are carried to get your 4 WGLF stacks. Just combine WGLF with Empathy to never miss your stacks.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Unfortunately, if they made this game idiot proof, it would eliminate most the playerbase. 🤣

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Almost a reverse BT, interest. But what about if I hook someone at the edge of terror and they run at the killer? Whether they’re being stupid or trolling I get penalized. Even worse I unhook then, take a protective hug and then they run at the killer... do I go down?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

So you just designed a perk rework that would punish the killer for getting near the survivor?

So I am a camper for chasing a survivor going to save the hooked survivor right in front of me?

• lemony_swirls
    lemony_swirls Member Posts: 2

Your a killer main? Or u just side with killer more because why would noed need a buff it already downs survivors INSTANTLY and gives you speed increase not a lot but it still does if it wasn’t a hex it would be overpowered so the bt idea is nice because people aren’t punished ENOUGH for camping

• johnmwarner

I’ve lost track of the number of times I was called a camper for seeing someone running for the save as some ad I hook... or hearing someone right behind me as I carry them and then searching for them after the hook... or fending off two teammates trying to bomb the hook at the same time... all cases where it just makes ZERO SENSE to leave.

• Deathslinger

The person on hook has to run this perk, not the savior. They wouldn’t run the perk without having a basic understanding on how it works. If they don’t wanna troll you or hurt the team then they will not abuse the perk and would not do BT strats and run at killer. If you take a safety hit and some how the killer still had enough time to track and tunnel the survivor down, before the perk deactivated, then yeah, you would hit the dirt. Except your on the ground where the killer wouldn’t immediately know, and could potentially be picked up or pick yourself up, unlike if the tunneled survivor went down.

If your concerned about the troll potential, it’s 100% there, as intended. Meant to be able to troll back against any troll/farm tactics your team has against you. It can be used both ways, just like other perks already in game.

• johnmwarner

I don't think you're getting it. Okay so let's say Mike is a total A-hole and is running this new perk. I head in for a save and right as I go to unhook him hear the killer, 32 meters away so I make the save and then turn and eat a hit for Mike, now I'm injured and Mike has time to run away. Except he doesn't, he stands in that same spot until the killer hits him KNOWING that I will get downed not him. Then as the killer wipes his weapon Mike has time to run away.

• Deathslinger
    edited August 2020

Then A-hole Mike got away in your scenario and he was the one just unhooked. Wasn’t that the goal of the perk? If you can’t communicate with each other because your not SWF friends then miscommunication happens. He might be A-hole Mike to you but to him, your A-home John who just made a unsafe hook.

Again, I got what you said, your harping on the Troll potential. I’m saying it’s as intended.