Comments

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179
    Options

triplicate

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

First it was constant threads about otz & the 17s gen and now it’s endless threads about 4 gens in 3 mins when quite clearly he played poorly.

Give it a rest guys....

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139
    Options

Dime ppl think there is a competitive game .. no words , ashame , survivors need another objective

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139
    Options

You should be the best player in the world , I don't gonna spend my time in ppl like you , it's easy , play Vs premade , and I will rush you , while one of my friends dropping palets without sense ...

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

You're not allowed to criticise tru3talent here. Even when he makes blatantly bad plays. You wouldn't see Otz, Zubat or ScottJund make plays this awful and still be defended by part of the community. I've seen them get actually PROPERLY genrushed before when they were actually trying due to the sweat squads. This ain't it.

There's a weird bias towards Tru3talent. Probably because he's the only one of the bunch who validates a lot of bad killers complaints.

Don't get me wrong, that game was short. But that's 60/40 on Tru3 not even attempting to make an impact on the survivors. He literally didn't even travel to the other side of the map for the vast majority of the game.

Why the hell should they have even bothered doing anything else if he's made it clear that he wants to waste his time chasing a friggin' BT unhook, AS ONI?

Tru3talent blows me away sometimes, because he's VERY good at the game and obviously VERY knowledgable. But than he does stuff like this every so often, giving away a free win and is all like "wait, that's illegal". As if he's just entitled to it or something.

Then he'll bring up a valid point about gens speeds, and make excuses for why he made such bad plays and his followers eat it up and spam twitter replys/forums. Then there's every loss must be a SWF because obviously he can't be outplayed.

Genuine sweat squad/genrush SWFs that complete 4 gens in 1 chase are a genuine problem that needs to be addressed, this is not helping the case when you use it as a major example.

• justtrynaplay
    justtrynaplay Member Posts: 81
    Options

I don’t think that true talent played poorly in this match I think that it was a combination of gen speed and map size that made it difficult for him to pressure gens because they were being done all over so he may not’ve been able to go to pressure gens and get downs before a gen on the other side of the map got popped

• C_Frank
    Options

No curruption to help the bad oni start. 3 gen strat, which was effectively shack gen and basement camping. There are 7 generators and you only take care of 2. No snowballing. No skill, no brain, camping main.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Yeah you’ll lose gens quickly if you vaguely proxy camp the basement without really committing to it. He sort of hovers around, not denying the unhook but not pressuring anywhere else. Indecisiveness cost him the game IMO (and the bug, but that’s not really a balance issue). Either camp or leave the area to find someone else, hovering around does absolutely nothing for you. Especially since one of them had Kindred - people can see you wandering around so they commit to their gens harder. No SWF required.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

I'd like to add another Tru3 clip that I remembered seeing a while back.

I feel this is a much better example. That would help your case more than harm it. Tru3 doesn't play perfectly here, either. But a damn sight better than the OP clip. And shows just how broken optimal survivors just doing gens can truly be.

• C_Frank
    Options
  • Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 349
    Options

I love how only sometimes the when I edit something it goes to BHVR so expect two responses:

As the person that came up with the OGC you pretty much concede the point that gens are the problem (if I am wrong I am wrong, but then why are you playing devil's advocate for a highly request feature you created). We also both know that when people who play this game refer to "gen rush" they really mean BHVR has made the game too fast because the only gameplay loop in the game is holding m1 on a generator.

I also have to ask as someone who plays 50/50 why are the killers the only ones that are forced to adapt. Why aren't survivors forced to adapt their strategy. For example when a killer breaks the the tactic of looping (looping is not a gameplay loop) ie. Spirit, Old Nurse, Deathsliger, Pyrimd Head. If looping doesn't work why shouldn't you change up your tactics if you want to win (and fun isn't an answer). Why are we expecting more from 1 when their are 5 people in a game.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,901
    edited August 2020
    Options

He stayed near the basement for almost the entire game. What did he think was gonna happen? He played very poorly. Then he decides to blame his loss on everything but himself. lol

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Options

I'm not sure where I said there isn't a potential problem with the early game. I repeatedly and vehemently say that survivors should always spawn together and not near a gen so they cannot just instantly start working on three separate gens. The fact is, the better you play, the more you negate the potential B.S spawns survivors can get on big maps. He made too many mistakes to negate it.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 349
    edited August 2020
    Options

The second part of the post is the important bit not the first one. Also by me stating you came up with the OGC I also state you probably agree that early game is a potential problem.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

He clearly didnt play poorly tho, plus he got cucked by a bug THAT WAS FIXED or so they say

• C_Frank
    Options

Until this happens, Corruption intervention. If you let RNG. Of 10 games 5 easily lost, 3 lose, 2 wins.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options
  • C_Frank
    Options

in high rank, you need perk to help with your weak points. Oni has a slow start. If you leave the game to the fate of the RNG, you expose yourself to bad games. Being consistent requires commitment. As long as you leave it to chance, the game is better for you. That includes perks, add-ons, good strategies, and skills. This game of Tru3 had no skill or strategy.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Thank you for your continued efforts to showcase how and why things happen on a rational basis - yet I´m afraid this guy´s followers

don´t appreciate when poor plays on his side get pointed out. My favorite streamer can´t possibly be a bad player now can he?

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

Thing is this is a constant problem its bad base game design where you can have 4 gens pop in 3 minutes that is just absurd now granted it could be a rare occurance but still to know that a game can be potentially over in 3-5 minutes is not good at all it just bad design.

Now does that mean we have to increase gen times i personally dont like the idea as yes its a boring thing survivors have to do, but we cant leave it as is as it is a problem that is becoming bigger and bigger. I personally want to see the Start game collaspe that devs mentioned in the 4 year anniversary stream implemented sooner rather than later and see how it goes from there if gens are still going at a very quick rate then look at maps and gen placement see if that can help. Increasing gen repair time should be only a last resort if all other avenues are spent

Also for the people going ohh heres another Tru3 video theres a reason why people use his video as evidence it cause he is the only content creator as far as iam aware that constanly shows/talks about the issues with the game especially gen speeds and he has video after video in different sceanios of gens being done at a very quick rate with different types of killers, different types of builds, different maps and different good gameplay or bad gameplay from him. Does he get 4ks despite the quick gens sometimes yes sometimes no but the issue of the gen speed is showcase constanly in those videos.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

You do realise that Marths Depip squad experiment was a long time ago right? In the meantime we had a truckload of changes to even the playing field. I admit we´re not quite there yet but the balance has changed so drastically the versions of now and back then are barely comparable anymore.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2020
    Options

1:38: Its not really wasting much time taking survivors into the basement as killer even if you aren't 100% sure you will return, because it wastes the rescuers time as well having to go down and up it. And its always a good idea to do it because you dont know who is hanging around it. You cant really blame him for doing this.

Just no, you waste 1(!) survior's time, there's 2 others still so if it takes you 20 seconds to go to the basement and hook somebody it gave 2 other survivors 20 seconds each on a gen which amounts to 40 seconds, it's a HUGE waste of time unless you plan to capitalize on it which he didn't, at all.

You have the same mentality that tru3 has, you amount your time to 1 v 1 when it's 4v1, as a killer you need WAY better time management especially against SWFs coordinating their rescuers.

• Valor188917
    edited August 2020
    Options

They could do the same thing again even more easily without the old ruin, yeah godloops were changed but they didn't excessively use them in the first place, the games were mostly over so quick that the amount of resources on the map are still way to many and irrelevant in the first place because the only killers that managed to "beat" them (one being scott here btw) didn't bother with getting looped in the first place and capitalized on their mistakes over trying to outplay them on loops.

Btw the experiment was PERKLESS and barebones. Survivors with perks have up to 4 more hookstates each if played perfectly but a minimum of 1.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Exactly my point, you guys won't engage in any conversation, its just "my favorite streamer had a bad game and said its the genrush, checkmate survivor mains"

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Thanks for summing it up. I used to defend Tru3 on most of his claims, but this was just a bad game played by him - and bad games should be lost to good players.

Another thing to mention is that he basically played perkless this game. BBQ was used effectively 0 times- after a hook he went across the map to smack a gen, not chase survivors.. Monitor/Abuse + Infectious, the main combo for Oni, was used like, one time and only to get an M1. I was so confused when I saw him pick up survivors when he has his power ready and someone screamed... He's got a slug build, but doesn't slug. And lastly - pop goes the weasel just made him tunnel on getting a generator damage in ASAP, not realizing that it's actually costing him time. 25% of a gen vs ~20-25 seconds with 3 players on gens. You should only do that if you're already enraged with Oni so it doesn't take any time at all to cross the map and scare off survivors in the process

• Valor188917
    Options

Just because you say it's not a mistake doesn't mean it's not a mistake. He made tons of dumb decisions (as usual btw since that guy isn't the brightest) and as you mentioned, against dumb survivors this would work. But against dumb survivors winning is not hard in the first place so why bank your gameplan around survivors that do stupid #########? It's why I take NOED personally, I will wreck ANY non optimal team and for the occasional good group that triggers endgame by rushing the crap out of gens I get NOED because I aknowledge that I'm no Umbra, No ScottJund and no Fungoose or Zubatlel. Tru3 should maybe start doing the same and change his gameplan accordingly.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

gEn rUsH Is nOt a tHinG

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

What makes you think the team he was facing was a SWF? I saw one crossplay icon and one Kindred, and absolutely nothing to suggest SWF at all except Tru3 complaining about them being SWF for no reason.

• Valor188917
    Options

I never said the game was balanced but what ppl like you want is a dead game.

I'd simply be happy if I could play together with other killers in an 8v2 mode so the game doesn't feel so lonely, I don't need it to be balanced.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

You can look through my post history, its rsre I agree with Scott, but hes not wrong here. He lost 3 gens at tge beginning and felt defeated so didnt really try from there. He put 2 survivors in the basement with no intentions of camping them, that wasted a lot of his time. He never checked the other gens when he did have time and was suprised when they popped. He dropped his power several times to get a hook instead of leaving the slug and using his power to get across the map quickly (this is bread and butter Oni).

These were his 2 biggest mistakes: putting people in tge basement and not camping, he could have hooked either of them on a closer hook and immediately went to another gen. Either basement camp or dont, this half in half out ######### aint it.

Dropping his power multiple times to get a hook instead of using demon dash to get across the map.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

I kind stopped taking Scott serious after watching a few of his streams.

Like, the survivors he faced didn't even come close to the level I see on Tru3 and OTZ streams.

Perhaps is just Europe that is a strong region?

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

LUL, use ruine, the anti-gen-late-game-hex-perk.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Options

######### does "stream clickue do" mean? Also what Is your point about playing perfectly? Of course I don't play perfectly. What does that have to do with anything?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

And there are plenty of 4k in under 2 minute games.

So yes, balanced is a good word.

• robotron
    robotron Member Posts: 41
    Options
    1. checking that generator near his spawn maybe took 5 seconds from his path to the shed.
    2. He had about a single second's worth of time to react from the survivor getting up from generator to Sprint Burst. It was practically unavoidable.
    3. When he went to his Oni form, Tapp was blocking the door. I mean he could have hoped the Tapp would run out but there was no way to know for sure, especially if it is an organized team and he knows he has borrowed time or has DS. Even then he got the down shortly after.
    4. The first hook in the basement took maybe an extra 5-8 seconds.

I mean you are really nitpicking on seconds worth of time or unavoidable events just to justify 5 gens almost being done in less than 4 minutes. This even turned out to be not an SWF and they managed to do this. I mean most killers couldn't stop this including yourself. I mean the survivor would spin you and the game would be out of your hands ;)