Your thoughts on 360

Well as the title says, lets talk about the real things that not so many people talk about, and i wanna hear your thoughts about the 360s from survivors

Should they stay?

Should they go?

Is it an exploit ?

Your thoughts ?

I always found that it was half intended and half an exploit, like yes you can Dodge hits from killers, but when you play killer and the 360 gets a dodge as the survivor is close to you, and your camera even FOLLOWS him with the hit, it feels like an exploit.

On my side i wouldnt be sad if they would go to be honest.

Comments

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

360 is not one of the "real things". And honestly I can't take people who complain about 360s seriously, no matter how much I try. Seems a new player issue and, without trying to sound rude or anything, a case of git gud.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Well, I'm on PC, mind you, but they've never bothered me. Then I stopped seeing them much until crossplay, where it's in pretty much every cross-platform match. And nowadays they're basically free hits for me.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Broken on console, meh on pc.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

They are a console Problem. So yes they should be fixed (would be fixed if aim dressing could be turned off) but never will be fixed because they dont affect PC players in 99% of the cases.

On console with low framerate and lags whenever something happens survivors can manipulate their movement in a way a swing by the killer is messed up by aim dressing.

I play on console and have got hits taken away by this system. But I also spun killers often with this crap. Its not skill, its also no exploit. Its just bad programming like many "techs" we have in this game.

Of course youll see more survivors trying to 360 you since cossplay is there, but just because it doesnt affect PC killers its still an issue for console killers.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

First off I'm not a fan of calling a 360 an exploit. Yes console is affected by horrible FPS and I can understand why people could consider the term as a result, but I still feel its far more logical to try and move unpredictably to avoid a hit rather than run straight. I would hazard a guess the vast majority of players are not hunting "millisecond frames" to mess with hit detection but rather move unpredictably to avoid an easy hit.

As a mainly console player 360's are far more potent than PC. For obvious reason the frame rate and overall connection to one another are often not as strong as PC, so such sudden movement can catch you off guard. It is not difficult to hit a 360 when you A: Gain a little game knowledge or B: Start to expect all survivors will try it (sorta like Dead hard), and while the animations may seem off at times if you really look at the swing time and were the survivor was at that moment they make sense, again animations may seem off due to connection.

As for the camera following survivors, this is intended as the "hit" had already been registered as the game tries its best to sync the animations up to it. This is so hit seem more "natural" and less janky, yes we still have plenty of jank but it would be much worse if the animation sync was also none existent.

So my final thought are, 360's are a last ditch effort to avoid a hit and unless used against an inexperienced player will result in little to no length in survival time.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I try to 360 every time I see a red stain on my back. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It has never been a real game changer unless you somehow manage to link multiple 360's in a row and if you manage that then you're amazing. No salt allowed.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Its not about fps, though thats part of the problem, but its more about what it does to your camera thanks to aim dressing

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Lol i dont complained, i just wanna get some thoughts on it cause nobody ever talk about it lol

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Survivors can do a 360 easier than killer because they have to just press "WASD" keys, and killers must turn all the way with the mouse, which is of course, harder to perform.

What is the solution then?

Stand still.

Of course, you'll fail 1 or 2 hits at the start because you can't expect so easily a 360, but once you know that certain survivors tend to do 360, you just get close, wait for something to happen, and then click M1.

Waiting a short time before hitting is the key to bait dead hards, and 360s.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,513

Horrendous on console since with the random lag spikes even if i try to outsmart it and hit anyway ill lag or sometimes the aim assist tries to help and makes me hit nothing. Id have to see once they finally optimize console if ever.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Honestly survivor turn rates just look and feel really weird on dedicated survivors

• ObscurityDragon

Thats true but ive also seen people kinda exploiting the aim system so that the game gets you to hit an obstacle rather then the survivor...

.if you see what i mean there, i dunno how to explain it lol

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

While it's pretty rare that I miss because of it (PC), it's still incredibly obnoxious when survivors start spinning like a helicopter's blades as soon as they see the red stain. I'd like to see it toned down a bit tbh.

The console players are especially bad about it, presumably because it's easier to do on a controller and because it works on console killers more.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

they only work if theres bad connection, bad frames or aim dressing, this is why its more of a console issue than a PC issue. its rare that a 360 works on me and if it does its no surprise that their ping is higher or my frames are bad, its why i turned crossplay off when playing killer... like id love to verse people but sadly the frames make it unplayable and a slight wiggle can throw my swing and sight off lol, i havent played 3years to miss easy hits due to game issues

• ObscurityDragon

Well you gave an interesting thought i must say, it is true that you can get some hits, or avoid getting hit, but 2 things may also happen now

-the..."aim system" gets confused and prioritise an obstacle to the survivor (if that makes sence)

-with the hit check (and that already happened to me today tbh so i can count it in) the game doesnt give you the hit because of it

• ObscurityDragon

Plus with crossplay, the ping gets a bit ######### up and they may get a fiew out with OC killers haha

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

360 are definitely not role play, and I don't like them. OK it can save your life and easy to counter has killer. But it's still annoying and it missed most of the time I saw a survivor do it.

I think it's more skillful to just know how to loop.

Let them or cancel them I don't care.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

I think its gonna get worse with hit changes

• ObscurityDragon

Tbh even tho many people tell its only console problems, i see PC killers that still often get" owned " sp to say by that

• ObscurityDragon

Trust me, i already got a fiew where it was worse lol

• Eli_The_Fox
    Eli_The_Fox Member Posts: 23

360s are annoying but I understand why people do it, it's a relatively easy thing to do and master and can save you certain situations.

but should they go? I'm split on this really. one hand its just another tactic that survivors use that can be counterd if you take time to practice and on the other we have a way to exploit the game terrible auto aim system.

Personally I don't think it should be removed entirely, if the auto aim system was tuned a bit more it might not be as annoying and people could maybe complain less. or maybe put something in place that somehow makes it harder to 360.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I know this issue exists with Nurse (so many blinks that have pulled me to an object while trying to lock to a survivor) but is it that the hit is locking to the object or is it trying to lock onto the survivor but an object gets put between them.

Assuming I understand what your saying I cannot say I've encountered this problem on anyone other than Nurse (PS4 and a little PC, player).

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I actually hate 360s because I catched up to survivors by playing killer properly and now I have to try and still simply get a hit against a survivor that is spinning around me, which sometimes just feels janky and survivors seem to almost disappear into my killer. However, a good killer can't really be 360'd so in the end I can't really say it's a problem or want it to be removed, as it really isn't a balance problem in any way. I wouldn't cry if it got removed though.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I wouldn't care if it wasn't something that affects console killers way more than pc killers. If you go against console survivors you can see their playstyle more often depends on being able to spin the killer. They shouldn't be blamed for using that mechanic though, it's the fault of the devs for letting their console versions stay in the same disgusting state they've been in for years.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

My problem with 360 is when the game lags when survivors switch on the tornado mode

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I'm not usually too concerned with 360's. It's fun to dodge killer attacks with them and it's fun to smack survivors who think they've got their big spins down pat. Problems only arise from the low framerate that I get to deal with on console.

What DOES bother me is those survivors who've figured out how to move in a Zig-Zag pattern. This has frequently confused the heck out of Aim Dressing on lunges that looked like they should have connected, leaving my killer wiggling aggressively back and forth instead of landing the hit.

Like, it's not my fault that my ancient alligator instincts are kicking in and making it difficult to hunt zig-zagging prey.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I dont think so. Bad internet generally favors killers. I personally think of 360s like payback for all of the bullshit hits people can get.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

As a console player, I wouldn't mind if they go at this point. Sure they were fun at the very beginning when everyone still swung at them, but now people counteract it by simply sitting still and letting you run back at them so it doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

• Velarica
    Velarica Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2020

No we are talking about the real 360 macros that mechanically make it impossible to hit due to the momentum system with the camera and tracking. You cant lunge because they can exploit a flaw in the lunge system if they are a certain distance away when they activate the macro, they effectively get Invul frames without Deadhard. Its weird to explain if you havent seen it yourself. (At least i assume its a macro I have no clue how survivors pull off the weird 180 and dash trick if its not)

You'll know if it ever happens to you as killer your screen will shake mid swing and your lunge will stop tracking as if they used deadhard but they didn't. Anyone with a brain can 360 with a mouse/controller and any killer can hit them while doing it.

Edit: Okay legitimate sidenote though, how do you pull off that kind of 360 as a survivor, whenever I try it the killer just follows me like I do as killer the majority of the time. Its exceedingly rare that someone pulls off a true 360 and gets the fake "invul" frames where tracking halts. In fact I haven't seen it recently at all... Low key maybe it was just hack that was popular a few months ago...