Survivors quickly turning back around corners?

I have noticed some survivors seem to run in a small circle or turning back when i chase them to a corner that make us lose line of sight.

Is this a way of baiting so i go after them or make sure i can see them to keep chasing them instead of going for their friends who might be doing a gen nearby?

Or is it that they too lose line of sight somehow?

I don't know if i should just ignore it or if theres a meaning behind it.

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited August 2020

If it's a survivor is dancing around for you and immediately runs into a random area where there is no generator. It's always a bait, because there is no reason for killer to chase a survivor into a zone like that.

Though sometimes you'll follow the general rule of "don't chase survivors that want to be chased".

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Sometimes if I do that it's because I realized another survivor was nearby and I don't want to screw them over so I gave the killer keep chasing me.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Sometimes it's to make you lose sight, similar to hiding next to a vault. Sometimes it's to get you to a "safe/dead" zone and try to give up.

If you hook a survivor in an area where there are only completed generators, the rest of them feel free to go for an unhook and heal up. Yeah, they might waste some time in there but you've most likely wasted MORE getting them there.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Yes. A lot of experienced survivors already have a route planned to take you on, and don't care if they survive the match or not. If they're running you around already completed generators there's a reason for that: The other survivors are doing generators and the runner does not want them disturbed.

Do what you wish with this information.