Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Slugged For Four Minutes Because I Used Perks

13»

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • Bellarz
    Bellarz Member Posts: 5

You told her to let you bleed out when you still had almost 2 minutes left on your timer, but you're mad at me?

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

The reason there was a complete different one. That killer just slugged all 4 people. It is boring but (which is right) is not bannable. If you don't want them to kobe or if you don't find them, that is probably the wisest thing to do.

This one here did it because he assumingly had DS and Unbreakable and wanted to punish him for it.

I don't know man, for me this is unsportsmanlike. At least when I face an Object, I definitely know that person has the perk and can act accordingly. But that killer just bullied a survivor because he assumed that he had these perks. Slug for about a mitnute because of DS... OK... or because of strategic reasons... OK.... but that? This is far beyond every strategic slugging I ever faced.

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

Bro just stop right there. You are making killer mains look so bad. Saying you can't run those perks because it is strong synergy is complete bs. It's not what you said but you are basically saying that. It's just like saying you can't run pop and corrupt (maybe even ruin) because they are strong.

If you bothered to be like most reasonable people you would hear him out. The killer didn't actually play around the combo they just rendered him useless. Only thing I agreed on is that the teammates sucked ass for not picking him up.

The killer didn't even know he had those perks but yeah it's ok just to assume something like that with no evidence. People like you who say this are the exact reason people run these perks.

Scott should have never made that small pp video because now the people who watch that might take the wrong idea and then think they are correct on the topic when there is no reason they shouldn't run those perks. Same goes with pop,corrupt, and ruin.

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

You obviously didn't bother reading all of it did you? Not surprised but what can you do about someone you can't reason with.

• Nearic
    Nearic Member Posts: 26

I Kind of have a middle opinion on this. I see why you're both annoyed. I main killer but I play both sides (you have to if you want to be good at either) DS/Unbreakable is pretty stressful as a killer. But it's not the end of the world either. If I'm a killer in a lobby with multiple DS Unbreakables, yeah, for sure, im not playing nice. There's really no option to at that point. If I get DSd by every survivor or let every survivor pick themselves up, I'd spend the whole game with next to 0 map pressure and its a guaranteed loss (Mind you this is all assuming the survivors play well and are abusing these perks.). The only way to recover from something like that is to play dirty or hope the survivors haven't been doing gens effeciently.

And while I don't agree with letting one survivor being slugged the whole game for DSU, especially if they're the only one, I understand the mindset behind it. Its meant to be a smack on the nose to discourage you from using the combo in the future so that there are fewer lobbys where EVERY survivor runs that combo. But, i also think that's conceited and entitled as [BAD WORD].

But this is kind of a perfect example of what DbD is. Its asymmetrical, no one side is supposed to have complete control every match. Sometimes your run into 4 DSU with an object and some really well used exhaustion perks. Sometimes you run into an Iri head huntress with a red mori. I think its important for both sides to remember "Just because you can doesn't mean you should." But maaaaaybe every once in a while, sure, why not. Just for funsies.

Alright, that's it for me. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

OP, sometimes you gotta just DC and move on. It’s BS, but it is what it is.

On a separate note, the level of primitive defense mechanisms displayed in this thread alone is just, wow. Bet you didn’t know you could learn so much about Cluster B pathology from a forum thread

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Trust me would have dced if I could but penalties and I was in a swf so I didn’t want to ruin things for them

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Hold up. You're mad that a Killer didn't want to immediately put you right back on the hook? He/she slugged you instead to give you a chance, but he/she was still in the area when you used Unbreakable and you're mad that you got slugged again instead of getting hooked for your mistake?

• RizeAki

No she legit camped my body with crosshairs downing anyone that made an attempt to save me while hooking them and leaving me until bleed out I’m not mad it was slightly a rant it was more funny cuz she told me I deserve it for my perks while she is using exploits cuz to her that was fine

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Yeah but in this game not running DS is gonna get you tunneled.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Since most of the comments completely ignored the video of the entire match in favor or taking RizeAki's version of events at face value, I'll repost the link here.

2:10 You're downed for the first time. David is right next to you and injured so she chases and downs him. Feng is working on a gen right in front of you when she comes back, so she chases her off. Attempts to hook you but Jane pallet saves.

3:05 Downed and immediately hooked.

3:55 You are unhooked, but decide to RUN AT THE KILLER, instead of escaping to the opposite side of the map. I suppose you think she should A. try to pick you under a pallet so your swf teammates can pallet save again or B. eat the DS you were obviously trying to force even though you "wasn’t I was trying to run off to be healed". Completely sound decision to slug at this point.

4:28 You use Unbreakable or are healed, killer is carrying Jane. You have all the time in the world to "run off to be healed". Instead you RUN AT THE KILLER flashlight clicking. At this point the killer has multiple injured targets in the same area that are body blocking and initiating chases. It would be absolutely stupid to not slug in this situation, especially when you're trying to flashlight blind in the open instead of run.

In each situation, YOU initiated a chase with the killer, and your teammates played the situation horribly. It's almost hard to believe you were a swf on comms. Stop blaming the killer for your poor plays.

• RizeAki

As said above I ran at her to get hooked so I could suicide nobody wants to play with exploits and that was what this post was about idc that I got slugged for that long but don’t say someone deserves it for perks while running exploits

• RizeAki

Like was it not obvious? So for running perks and trying to suicide out I deserve to be stuck on the ground? As I said above I was doing tomes and as it was a challenge impossible to do on that map especially against crosshairs huntress I wanted to suicide and try on another map can’t exactly dc or else 15min ban

• RizeAki

Oh well if I want to rant I never gave any names you and her called her out not me so gg now everyone knows who it was

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

The unbreakable/ D'S combo is pretty powerful, but that's still a jerk move to pull. He seems pretty sad.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Comparing Unbreakeable and DS with Mori or Iri Huntress is quite a stretch since the combo issn't nearly as strong as Moris or Iri Head, but yeah, if something is available in the game to use, it's hard to blame the players using it. Especially when it comes to perks.

You just sound like some 10 year old when saying that people deserve to be slugged and treated in a toxic way because they use two perks you don't like.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

yea but comparing unbreakable ds to an average killer is also quite a stretch since the average killer using average addons isn't nearly as strong as unbreakable ds

You can't comprehend something so simple so I forced you to make a stupid analogy just to show you, of course an ebony mori god nurse can deal with ds unbreakable but not the average killer consistently