A RANDOM IDEA FOR AN EXTRA POWER TO CLOWN (YES I PLAY CLOWN A LOT)

Options
Psychobeastz
Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So the reason I started this discussion is not because I am saying I want free wins or anything like a guaranteed 4 man every game or whatnot. I simply think adding in an extra effect or something like a side power to him would be nifty and essential in certain scenarios. I will admit I enjoy playing clown a lot even though he has a lot of downsides, but of course I am not going to get to that since this discussion is more about adding in something extra rather than debating his overall game play.

Here is some ideas I thought of which I think may be fun rather than people thinking its overpowered or ya know what they say broken: (Hopefully that is not the case)

1. For those of you who understand clown can time his bottles beforehand or on time to prevent survivors from fast vaulting windows. Now I think the same should apply to pallets as well. I do understand this may be problematic to implement in this game or it may me seem like he is guaranteed to get a hit. This is however just an idea and not something I will try to start fights and cause problems.

2. This is more of a fun idea rather than just being a completely dominant killer in game. This idea would act more like an add on rather than base kit, but might as well give my opinion on this. I think giving him the undetectable status effect when he goes through his gas or when he is in it will be pretty nice. Now I understand there is faults in this and may lead to him being a complete powerhouse (although that is not my intention). I think this idea is rather fun and pretty much an extra bonus to his game play.

3. He has a power similar to Freddy in a way, but the drawback is he can't activate it constantly. I think giving him the ability to just point to a gen and rather than teleporting, he should make fumes or similar to his bottles pop up around gens just to get some awareness. Though of course the survivors get intoxicated and scream, I think it would help him get some decent information. This power can be either bar based (similar to Spirit, Legion and Oni), or it can be token based like leather face.

Now as I said before these are ideas so mind you, I am not trying to pick fights or push my ideas as if they mean something. Just saying these are all cool concepts and would affect his normal game play. He may be more interactive and environmental based. Of course anybody is free to comment and offer suggestions on the ideas I have or anything you guys would like to say personally.

I apologize if this is too long and may seem too complicated, or does not have enough information. I also apologize in advance if I translated something wrong or if I word it the wrong way. Please do let me know and I will try to correct it, but other than that I hope you all have a great time and enjoy your games :)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Nice idea for the second one, but can you explain the the first one more clearly. I apologize if I am not getting this idea.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Gas clouds disappear after 10 seconds but the timer starts when the bottle breaks, meaning if you place a good bottle throw and it takes 5-6 seconds for the cloud to reach the ground it will only be there for 4-5 seconds instead of the full 10

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Interesting and would definitely be a lot better than the current cloud. I like this idea hopefully the developers would consider it and make some adequate changes to it. Thanks for replying and see you in the fog :)

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options
  • BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 308
    Options

All I’m saying is clown would be awesome with a “jack in the box” style power that he can either attach and set off at a range on generators. To jump scare survivors or make them scream with the bottle gas coming out of the box when it opens.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

That sounds pretty damn cool I admit. It would definitely fit towards the clown and also just cause its a jumpscare :)

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 271
    Options

Clown is my most played killer, and my problem with him is his power is way too simple. The only way to play him just boils down to throwing a bottle ahead of survivors to force them to go around or take the slowdown. Not that other killers don't have simple powers, but this is about Clown.

I like what the devs have been doing with recent killers. They've been giving them powers which have multiple variables which I highly prefer. It makes playing those killers more interesting and spices up survivor gameplay to a greater degree. To be fair, the tonic does have other things besides the slowdown, it impairs vision and can be used to detect survivors. Problem is, the vision impairment does nothing most of the time (based off of my experience playing as and against), and using the bottles for detection is a horrible waste of bottles 99% of the time.

Now what would I add to clown? I have no real idea, just a few concepts that I have hardly thought through, below is one of them.

A single/multiple Jack-In-the-box that the clown starts the trial with. He can throw it on the ground wherever he pleases, and once on the ground would become activated. Once activated, it has a (x) meter radius that that does (thing), and can be deactivated by a survivor similar to disarming bear traps. However, the survivor is given a single difficult skill check that upon failing, would still deactivate the box, but which would then explode causing (thing) to happen.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Now that is what I think as well. Not some simple power like tossing bottles but some other extra bonus to it. My ideas are just random thus I wanted others to share their opinions on what could be beneficial, but also not overpowered and abused.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Good ideas but still adjust it to...

1 he removes the cork, thus a trail of gas is left in its wake during the throw before the bottle explodes when hitting something.

2 extra hindered on direct might be too strong (especially with flask of bleach), but I’d DEFINITELY be in support of increasing the severity of blurred vision more than what is currently afflicted upon direct hits.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

The reason his power is simple is so that the player can focus purely on controlling the chase. Otherwise that would be too difficult to focus on if his power were complicated and loaded with superfluous abilities.