What are your suggestions to reduce the grind in the game?

Angel_di_Soufre
Angel_di_Soufre Member Posts: 34
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Arguably, the most interesting thing to do to keep things spicy in this game is making wacky builds, problem is that actually unlocking perks is a really long and tedious process thanks to being too RNG dependent

its also a point that multiple perks are used right now as band-aids for core problems, so if the game isn’t getting really that fixed anytime soon, at least let me have those bandaids sooner than later

we have +20 characters in each side too, that’s a lot

now, we can get a full rework of the bloodweb and Shrine of Secrets which would be ideal but I don’t know how they can get around that

Also they can make simple changes:

• Removing Perk Tiers, suggested a lot before, currently a lot of perks aren’t really worth to run on Tier 1 or Tier 2 anyway and the sole exception you could argue is Discordance
  • Make everything cheaper: what if everything was 1000bp cheaper? What if everything was 2000bp cheaper? Right now a lot of BP offerings are really worthless unless you get 8000 points in each category (example, common BP offering gives you 50% but costs 3000bp, you spend 3000 for the potential of 4000)
  • Max Score 40,000 instead of 32,000 (10,000 by category), you don’t need to adjust score events except for sacrifice events, if hooking is the killer’s objective, give them some love, rewarding even more multiple hooks
  • Bloodweb should let players buy more perks early, also perks shouldn’t always be consumed by the entity when you buy another perk
  • Make bloodhunt events more often, it reallly won’t hurt you BHVR, gives us that 2x multiplier
  • If you don’t remove perk tiers, fine, purchasing a teachable perk should unlock that perk on tier one for every character
  • Small QoL, everyone should have their own teachables already at Tier 3 from the beginning, Level 1 Characters
  • Non Teachable Perks should be also unlocked from the beginning, if you don’t remove perk tiers, fine, Tier One Perks but unlocked nonetheless

These are just some ideas, not necessarily definitive ones

what do you guys suggest? So far

• Looking at how DBD mobile handles leveling up (I didn’t know you get to choose a perk every time to level up)
  • Removal of Several Offering that just take space on the bloodweb
  • BP Offering Update, removing the category limit
  • Increasing overall BP Gain and Cap for x2
  • Recycling/selling out addons and offerings
  • Lowering the levels to purchase teachable perks
  • New Scoring Category, “Participation”, giving points for each minute in the game, also pushing the idea of 40,000 Point Cap per Match
  • Removing the 8000 point category limit and just having a cap for max score
  • Rewarding survivors survival points every time a gen gets repaired
  • Bonus Points each Rank Reset, both for Killer and Survivor, Bonus correlating to current Rank (this got leaked tho)
  • I would like to suggest that at the very least, we should have infinite common items and addons so they don’t take space on the bloodweb
  • also this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179199/an-idea-for-you-devs-how-to-motivate-newer-player-to-stick-and-maybe-even-spend-money
  • and this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185033/bloodweb-and-perk-leveling
  • Also, D/Cs should give bigger bonuses to everyone involved, and D/Cs should also give BBQ and WGLF stacks
  • Give killers a points multiplier for versing SWF, give survivors a multiplier for versing a Memento Mori
  • Prestige doesn’t remove everything you earned (I will personally add, prestige should lock your perk slots for a little longer, so it’s a exciting challenge mode to earn your customization, like just 3 perks slots available all the way between P2 and your way to Lv.50 on P3 as an example)
  • Give a BP % Bonus based on the Player Devotion
  • Quite a drastic change, but just removing a lot of common and uncommon addons that are just simply increases and decreases in X, with a compensation in base kits
  • Buying a characters just unlocks their perks in everyone else, and also you haven’t bought a characters, there is still a minimal chance that it spawns in your bloodweb, avoiding the fear of P2W, letting them make strong perks again
  • BBQ and WGLF basekit, promote multiple hooks and safe unhooks
  • Receiving props from another player gives you a BP Multiplier for your next match
  • Prestiging should give that particular character a permanent discount in their bloodweb (suggested 666bp per prestige, so it’s 2000 discount for P3 characters)
  • Just increasing scoring categories’ cap to 12000 so people can get a maximum of 48,000 per match
  • Also also this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174323/bp-offering-rework-idea
  • Make shards more valuable (just lower prices, 9000 for a character is way to much, 5000 was suggested) or make them way more easy to get.
  • One universal bloodweb for all survivors and one for all killers
  • At the very least having non teachable perks be shared by all characters once you unlocked them
Post edited by Angel_di_Soufre on

Comments

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833
    edited August 2020

Honestly, perk tiers are redundant at this point. I rarely use any of the offerings that give extra BP for X Category. I just don't see a point. Most of us just want perks and add-ons. I don't know how others feel about map offerings, but personally? I don't care for them. I'm fine with random maps and there's not really a situation where I'd want to run a specific map offering.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

sale back add on offering and item for half the price that we don't use.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

We're gonna live forever needs way more ways to stack it up during a game. It should probably also do something so that it is closer to its killer counterpart. Maybe roll we'll make it into WGLF? I'd make working on gens and being chased progress stacks on it. It's already bad enough that the perk is a dead slot for extra blood points but on top of that I have to fight my teammates for unhooks or intentionally get hit if a teammate happens to be near me who is in trouble? Why?

The ability to sell addons/offerings.

More perks appear per web.

Teachables moved to 25/30/35 or 20/25/30. The amount of levels you have to get because perks for a character very rarely synergize or create a build is absurd. So you end up leveling one character for one perk, another for one perk, and another for one perk.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

My friends and I like to use them for map roulette, that way we know for sure what one of the 3-4 we burn will be.

This is a great idea so I can sell the crazy amount of flashlights+add-ons that I have along with all the keys+add-ons since I never use them. Or all pointless offerings that exist like the shrouds, most of my moris, all the fog increase offerings, all the brown BP offerings, all the hook spawn offerings, and most of the luck offerings.

• Hollyleaf12
    Hollyleaf12 Member Posts: 37

One thing that is fun to talk about is how perks work in mobile.

In mobile, each character levels up as you play them, and then when a character levels up, you get to choose between 2 perks.

My opinion is that they should keep the bloodwebs the way they are, but take out the perks and move them to the way they do on mobile.

That way, you could have the BP grind be for offerings/Addons/Items, which are arguably far less important, and even the way the system is now, I have only like 100 hours in the game and the characters I play a lot have tons of those items already.

They could also just make teachables work so that once you level a character up enough by playing, you unlock that perk on all characters.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Step 1: Reduce the cost of everything by 1000 BP. This cuts the grind by roughly 25%

Step 2: New category for bloodpoints, raising the BP cap per match to 40,000. Participation. For every minute you're in the trial, you earn 1000 BP. (This is for killers and survivors) Maxes out at 8000 points like all others. This also encourages players to stay in the game.

That should make the grind more bearable for new players without making anything too crazy.

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

Its sad that mobile version is already in better state than this 4 year buggy mess right devs? Just do it as on mobile remove addons from web and make a shop where you will be able to buy addon what you want...

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

Remove perk tiers, that’s really all we need

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited August 2020
    1. Remove Perk tiers
    2. Let us turn brown offerings into bloodpoints (the most you can get out of them is 4000 bonus points, and their 3000-dollar cost means you only get a max gain of 1000 points. They're next to worthless.).
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I'm all for removing tiers.

Additionally, maybe allow you to 'trade in' items you have collected for a perk.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

The way I see it is that the more tomes/rifts come to pass, the more books will be available to nooblets with more challenges. They'll chow on those and get bloodpoint boosts doing those. It would be nice to sell some add ons though.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

8K Category limit removed, the maximum Bloodpoint limit per match is 40K.

Categories will track up to 10K Bloodpoints for Bonus Bloodpoints that are awarded post-match from Offerings and Perks. (Not Add Ons or Perks that give extra Bloodpoints during the match, those are only limited by the 40K per match)

Various scoring adjustments (mostly buffs to Survival and Sacrifice) to fit with the new limits.

Survivor Offerings:

• Chalk Pouch, Cream Chalk Pouch, Ivory Chalk Pouch, Salt Pouch, Black Salt Statuette, and Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips removed.

• Clear Reagent removed.

• Petrified Oak removed.

Killer Offerings:

• Scratched Coin & Cut Coin removed.

• Moudly Oak, Rotten Oak, and Putrid Oak removed.

• Shroud of Separation removed.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Remove perk tiers, they're pointless and complicated, and actually somewhat limiting considering how every perk needs 3 tiers. Increase the cap to 2 million. Make blood point gains around 1.5x more. Perhaps give the ability to consume old items for more blood points. I think that would do wonders for the grind, without taking any massive changes or overhauls.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited August 2020

At the absolute LEAST, it would be nice if each character had all 3 uniques already at T3, so that those particular perks don’t need to be grind for on a character.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Also a rework to the BP offerings would be great. Get rid of the singular categories.

Brown - 25% bonus bp in all categories.

Yellow - 50% bonus bp in all categories.

Green - just keep BPS as is.

Purple - 150% bonus bp in all categories.

Purple - 125% bonus bp in all catagories to all players.

Iridescent - 200% bonus bp in all categories.

Iridescent - 150% bonus bp in all categories to all players.

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376

Add-on recycle.

Why would I use darkening reagents on Nurse? I really would like my BP back.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I would give bloodpoints at each rank reset and the better the rank is the better the ammount is, obviously multiplied x2 because there are 2 ranks

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2020

Personally I would like a way to share perks with multiple characters (especially survivors since they are skins).

For example if I have all the perks on Jake and I want them on Dwight too, instead of spending millions of BPs to level up Dwight I could share with him Jake's perks, so now both can have all the perks.

Maybe it could be something that can be earned when reaching P3-50, or something similar.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

do bones.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124

Newbies can get the most meta perks with a snap.

Fine.

How do you compensate those who has all the perks already?

• Angel_di_Soufre

I just updated the main post with your ideas guys

• Angel_di_Soufre

That a lot of stuff, huh

neat

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Updating the prestige system.

I'm ok regarding grinding for getting the prestige 3 outfit, but not about losing all your perks+addons+offerings just because you prestige.

That's a big nonsense.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

While rather intrusive into the game's balance, I think slimming down the number of addons could work.

Getting rid of the "+% variable" - addons, with a compensation in basekit might be a possibility, if we get more interesting addons in return. Example would be on trapper bags or other's charge speed addons.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Grind is not that bad. When you play just to play, you're going to get 1 million BP in like a few hours, maybe less, maybe more. You can buy a LOT with 1M. Especially if your plan isn't to P3 T3 every single character.

• ZttII
    ZttII Member Posts: 12

IMO I think the solution for the grind is just to change the teachable system, since when people complain about the "grind" they complain about having to do so for perks, mostly.

I think that when you buy a killer or survivor, their perks should be instantly unlocked for all of your killers. This shaves off 40 levels of blood points that you need just to unlock teachables on a killer that you might never play.

If you don't buy the killer/survivor, there should still be a (very small) chance that the perk will appear in the blood web anyway. I mean like much less than 1% if BHVR doesn't want to cannibalize sales. This gives people a chance to get cool new perks, and unlocks the paywall. If you want them faster you can still get the killer, of course.

This has the side benefit of allowing BHVR to make much stronger perks, since they don't have to worry about it seeming P2W if everyone has access to it.

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32

I think BP bonuses for devotion, each devotion level you get 5% or 10% more BP in every match maybe? To reward you for getting to level 100 however many times :)

• stoudbaker
    stoudbaker Member Posts: 130

Have fun

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96

Honestly,i just want them to remove most offerings.There are so many useless offerings that at this point i don't even know why the exist

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

1: move the BBQ and WGLF BP bonuses to base kit, it’d insensitive new players to seek new targets/play more altruistically, and also give double BPS every match. Also, locking BBQ behind a licensed DLC is a bit money hungry.

2: revert the add on loss change for survivors. Most survivor add ons are garbage, its such a waste of BP to lose your only good add ons even when you do escape

3: remove the bloodpoint tier caps and raise the base BP gain from a match to 40k. This would make it so survivors dont get screwed out of BPS if they go against a really bad killer because of matchmaking, getting only 13k bps because the killer cant catch someone is kinda bad. Would also help killers with terrible Deviousness gain (like myers and pyramid head)

4: lastly, change the prestige system. Its a bit absurd that people have to play this game for a very long time to even come close to getting this game to 100%. in fact, i dont even think ive heard about anyone getting every character p3 50 with all perks.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I personally like a good grind gives me a reason to play if there was 0 grind i would not be playing not that this games grind is bad cause it’s not lol

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

I got two ideas.

1 gifting bloodpoints to friends it can be from a set or as many as you want.

2 giving props to a player and you receiveing props give you 2x the bloodpoints on your next game.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Prestiging should give a permanent Bloodweb discount on that character, that stacks for each level of prestige.

Maybe a 666 discount for every Prestige, so at P3, that character would get everything roughly 2000 points cheaper.

It'd be nice if it was an even 1000 discount, but I can't see that happening because then every brown item would be free.

• Angel_di_Soufre

Just updated the main post guys, and that list is getting long

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

no like the selling add on item and offering back I see.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I think instead of having 3 tiers of perks at leasf have 2 in total.

Also removing the 1 million cap would help, maybe 2m? Because sometimes you get into almost a million and forget to spend a few bp then when you go into a match you usually finish with 25k+ bbq and well you only needed 10k to get to 1m.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

Remove perk tiers. This is a huge wall when it comes to the dbd grind. It just wastes a lot of BP for an upgrade to a perk. Keep in mind we now have over 50 perks.

Increase bloodpoint gain and cap. Idealy you can increase the bp gain by 50% and cap by 50% making the cap for each catagory 12000 for a total of 48000 each match.

Decrease character shard costs. You would have to play dbd daily for hours every 2 months to buy 2 characters with 18000 shards. It also doesn't help when a new chapter comes out every 3 months WITH NEW TIER 3 PERKS. I would suggest reducing the shards to 5000. Either that or double shard income.

Make prestige only take away add ons and offerings. This would reduce the prestige grind by a huge amount. I played dbd ever since 2017 and just this year i got all my killers p3 lvl 50 with all perks.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited August 2020

1 bloodweb for all killers and 1 bloodweb for all survivors. Grinding the same peeks is bs.

EDIT: also, your p3 50 lvls mean nothing as long as its just spent bp on character. Rise lvls and prestiges only when players play characters they want to rise.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    edited August 2020

All my ideas (remove perk levels and make the 32k max bloodpoints per match non-category specific) have been added already to the list.

Although, reworking the BP offerings to be more streamlined (aka ignore categories) haven't been added yet. Made a thread about it a while back;

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174323/bp-offering-rework-idea

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

We've already said it but...

REMOVE. PERK TIERS. REMOVE. PERK. TIERS

I'll say it again for the people in the back

R E M O V E. P E R K. T I E R S.

that's literally all they have to do. Or at least make them 2 tiers and not 3. They do this and the grind is completely eliminated and people can actually enjoy the game without feeling like they need to throw millions of BPs and hours into every single character.

Or my other idea was have the generic perks shared between every killer and survivor, and only the teachables need to be grinded for.

• Angel_di_Soufre

and the list keeps going folks

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
  • Angel_di_Soufre

Well, I did this thread 10 months ago and we are where we started huh

Damn